PDA

View Full Version : XS north

Pages : [1] 2

hamjam
02-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Ok It is now official
The “Madawaska Monkey Butt Rally” is on . Something with plenty of stops and sight seeing .No rush
Quote from Axel , seconded by others
This is a result of a few discussions between the Ottawa and the Toronto area area guys about meeting up some time. We decided it would be July 17 and 18
We will meet up in Barry's Bay Fri night do the usual meet and greet
then Sat. go for a ride using as many of those wonderful 500 series roads as possible followed by dinner and serious discussions Sun morning brunch then send you all home
We have a motel booked for July 17 and 18, 2009 , The Ash Grove Inn
http://www.ashgroveinn.com/
have a look at the rooms and rates , spaces are limited

Single Room (1 person ) $74.00
Double Room (2 person) $84.00
Kitchen Suite (3person) $134.00
Luxury Suite (2 person) $149.00

Call 1-888-756-7672 to reserve a room
Tell them it is for the XS 11 group for July 17, 18
They are holding the rooms for us but need to know ASAP
Jim
more to follow

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi,
Well done and thanks to all who rattled around the web and their memories to find aplace to stay. We had some trouble finding a place big enough for as many as i expect will want to attend. Book a room if you plan to attend i believe we will run out of space.
Big Daddy Funk suggested the name. we will be in the Madawaska river valley area.
Phil

madbiker
02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm here wheres the damn passport at?:eek: Gotta start looking for it.
Ralph

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm here wheres the damn passport at?:eek: Gotta start looking for it.
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
Welcome aboard. Yes unless they extend the deadline again you will need your passport.
Phil

madbiker
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I have one just don't know where it was put by Tracy before the accident. On another note I just started her little thumper up and rode 10 miles first time since the accident. I'm on my way back. :p
Ralph

ELDR
02-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Maybe this is the time to let all know who has booked the motel and is planning to attend.

Heather and I are on board and have booked Room 6.

Ted

Big Daddy Funk
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Because I am a considerate individual,I have booked a single (loud sleeper)

Huron52
02-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Ok.... I have a room booked .... what number? I don't know... but I have a room.

Sandy H
02-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I am booked as well
Looking forward to seeing all the people & bikes!

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I have one just don't know where it was put by Tracy before the accident. On another note I just started her little thumper up and rode 10 miles first time since the accident. I'm on my way back. :p
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
Good to hear you are on the mend. Bit cold for even a short ride?
Phil

madbiker
02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
even a short cold ride is a good ride when there was a chance you might never ride again, If you understand my meaning which most if not all of you do.:)
Ralph

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
PLEASE keep filing in on here: hit qoute and enter in the body of message.

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Big Daddy Funck ..... Single
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
MadBiker + Brent ......Triple
xsilerating .......?

MartyA
02-14-2009, 05:11 PM
...are you and Sally coming?

At this moment, other than the XS East Rally, which is still somewhat questionable, it is unlikely Sally and I will make any other rallies this year. I have already turned down 3 weekend rallies over at the FJR site and at two on the FZ-1 site. I am uncertain what time I will have available on my new job, which starts in 2 weeks. We might manage a couple of overnight rides to WV or OH but those would be spur of the moment decisions based on availability of time and funds. This may change after I work the new job for a few weeks.

On the bright side I won't be replacing rear tires every 6 weeks.... :cool:

tinman905
02-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll post here too , my room is book and looking forward to meeting everyone.Anyone in the GTA area who wants to meet up and head out together let me know .

JamesPLEASE keep filing in on here: hit qoute and enter in the body of message.

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
xsilerating .......?

madbiker
02-14-2009, 07:08 PM
If Marty can't make it Wayne I have room for you if your coming?
Ralph:)

xsilerating
02-14-2009, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=MaximPhil;193905]PLEASE keep filing in on here: hit qoute and enter in the body of message.

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
xsilerating ....... Single (most likely will be changed to double)
"-----------" .......?[QUOTE]

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Wayne If you are coming and and others grab a room to show the Inn we are serious. Closer to the time we can fill in & double up. My 2 cents
Phil

earl G
02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
hello all, have passport, booked single room. about a 8 hour ride.

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 07:44 PM
UUhm are we going to get evryones signature as we change info in rooms post? I wonder?
phil

earl G
02-14-2009, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=xsilerating;193925][QUOTE=MaximPhil;193905]PLEASE keep filing in on here: hit qoute and enter in the body of message.

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
earlg ............... single

MaximPhil
02-14-2009, 08:06 PM
hello all, have passport, booked single room. about a 8 hour ride.
Hi Earl,
Great just dive right in. No questions or previous posts. :D
Welcome
Phil

earl G
02-14-2009, 08:35 PM
o yeh, been following the other threads about this.

DeanR
02-15-2009, 06:25 AM
No passport here. Drivers license/ birth cert copy accepted? Haven't been to Canada in quite a few years.

Big Daddy Funk
02-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Hey Laxdad, From what I understand, I do believe you would have no problem getting into Canada with personal ID. The problem would be getting back into the USA. American Customs require everyone to have a passport to enter the USA. (Even citizens) You have lots of time to get a passport(if you start now)...Rick

Sandy H
02-15-2009, 07:15 AM
PLEASE keep filing in on here: hit qoute and enter in the body of message.

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Huron52 ......?
SandyH Single
TinMan905 ......?
xsilerating .......?
I hope this goes through

blue giant
02-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Patti and I are booked! :D

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Big Daddy Funk ..... Single
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
Blue Giant.....Luxury Suite (that's all that was left)

madbiker
02-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Start now be lucky if you get in time ,it really depends where you start the process at. Marty and Sally started theirs at the same time we did and got theirs in weeks and we got ours in months. so get started now .
Ralph

earl G
02-15-2009, 09:15 AM
it took about 3 weeks to get mine. went to post office to start, cvs for pictures, back to post office to send. cost $100.00 + good for ten years

mrsixtysix
02-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Dena and I were thinking of coming but all they have left are the $149 a night luxury suites, so for now we will stay home. Y'all have fun :)

blue giant
02-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Gary, the luxury suites hold 4 people so if you can hook up with another couple it's a lot more reasonable.
JAT

PaulDena and I were thinking of coming but all they have left are the $149 a night luxury suites, so for now we will stay home. Y'all have fun :)

mrsixtysix
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Gary, the luxury suites hold 4 people so if you can hook up with another couple it's a lot more reasonable.
JAT

Paul

Says 1 Queen sized bed and a pull out sofa, not exactly equal accomadations for two couples, but may be doable. I'll watch and see if any is looking for roomates, but it may not be a good weekend for me anyway, would have to take 48 hrs vacation, dogs in kennel etc. $1000 weekend for us easy. Expensive rooms just pushed it over the top...:(.

DeanR
02-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Gary, I would need a spot but like you, not sure about this trip yet.

By the way, I was gazing at the NY map to find a good way to Vermont other than the stupid thruway. Thought perhaps you would have a good idea or maybe even get together with you guys for the ride there in May. RT 29 caught my eye but I know nothing about it....

blue giant
02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Says 1 Queen sized bed and a pull out sofa, not exactly equal accomadations for two couples, but may be doable. I'll watch and see if any is looking for roomates, but it may not be a good weekend for me anyway, would have to take 48 hrs vacation, dogs in kennel etc. $1000 weekend for us easy. Expensive rooms just pushed it over the top...:(.

Gary,
She told me it was a queen size pullout but yes the rate is a bit steep. We need a getaway so I'm going to bite the bullet on this one.

Cheers, Paul

ELDR
02-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi

There is more than one Motel in Barry's Bay, Stay tuned. The others are close.

Ted

xsilerating
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
The Mountain View Inn is only about 5 miles away. They should have quite a few rooms and the rates are reasonable.

blue giant
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
The Mountain View Inn is only about 5 miles away. They should have quite a few rooms and the rates are reasonable.

Thanks Ron, perhaps I'll look into that!

;)

Paul

MaximPhil
02-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Dena and I were thinking of coming but all they have left are the $149 a night luxury suites, so for now we will stay home. Y'all have fun :)
Hi Gary,
As Paul has pointed out a second bed to share expense. Remember those are Canadian $$$ so about $50 your money :D well really only about 20% less but it would be good to have you along. Seriously the suites do suit couples better. 2 couples sharing is $75 Can per couple.

Phil

MaximPhil
02-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Gary, I would need a spot but like you, not sure about this trip yet.

By the way, I was gazing at the NY map to find a good way to Vermont other than the stupid thruway. Thought perhaps you would have a good idea or maybe even get together with you guys for the ride there in May. RT 29 caught my eye but I know nothing about it....
Hi Laxdad,
Spare beds will be available once we get all the rooms booked so don't give up yet:)
Please don't mix rallies on this thread. Happy to discuss rt29 on the other thread though:cool:
Phil

MaximPhil
02-15-2009, 03:39 PM
AAAHHHH!!!
As I feared some are still posting on the SOXS ride thread for things that belong here. As Brent would say: Herding Cats:D :eek:
Tom has revealed that ALL ROOMS have TWO double beds Single refers to what that person has booked.
Big Daddy Snores .... so he wants to be on his own :)
Maxim Phil Snores & Farts willing to share .....room NOT bed
Others have extra bed or sofabed in their rooms.
we knew we were going to have a problem there just are not any motels with enough rooms in the area.... which is why the roads are still good for riding.
Phil

madbiker
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I booked the 1 with a kitchen in it and beds for 3 people
Ralph

MaximPhil
02-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Gary & Dena,
Mapquest says you are 234 miles from Barry's Bay and 4 hr 41 minutes travel time. I would be disappointed if you can not shave 41 minutes out of that:D one day event arrive Friday night leave Sunday morning be home before sunset on Sunday.
Phil

MaximPhil
02-15-2009, 04:44 PM

Mountain View in Wilno ON 1 613 756 2757
Balmoral Hotel in Barry's Bay ON 1 613 338 3147
Google for details
I would really like for us all to be at the Ashcroft Inn and so far I believe we can get everyone in. I had the Mountain Reserved for our group until the Ashcroft was selected to be the " home base" for this event.

Phil

ELDR
02-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey

Here is a little map of the location of the 3 motels. Click to make it bigger

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/3282532323_5d045185c5_o.jpg

Ted

Huron52
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I fully understand if you can't make Gary and Dena. If you had to work that weekend because of shift work I can see where it would be expensive on the holidays. Been there done that! Doesn't count boarding the animals.

tinman905
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Hey Gary ,

If it helps to convince you and your wife to come along I will gladly switch to a luxury suite and you can take the double I booked. Just get the room booked for now !

James

hamjam
02-17-2009, 09:09 AM
hi
I 'talked to Mr66 last night and offered him my double room and I would take a luxury room , this morning when I reserved the luxury one for me a small scrwup was noticed even though I made the original reservations I seemed to be left off the room list so as of this morning I have reserved 2 luxury rooms I will take one with Gary from here, and keep the other available. If anyone wants to switch to let Gary and Dena have a room ( thanks Tinman ) and perhaps if anyone was interested in sharing their double room .
Jim

Big Daddy Funk
02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't mind sharing a room with anyone. Please feel free to utilize the room. I have sleep apnia so I do use an pressure machine. It's not to noisy but it might disturb a light sleeper who is sober. (probably no where near as distubing as trying to sleep in the same room as Phil) It would be great if we all can stay at the same place. Thx Rick

Phoenix Rider
02-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Thanks Ralph,
I graciously accept your offer. As of yet I haven't made arrangements for a room, so yes, that sounds great. I am just getting caught up on some of the past entries and I'm glad to see you are up and riding again. I'm lloking forward to seeing everyone in July.

Wayne

madbiker
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Wayne the bed is yours looks like my room is full . Now Jim & Phil if you guys want shirts you design them I can check in to getting them made if you want. Ralph :rolleyes:

MaximPhil
02-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Ralph,
Thanks for the offer. Jim is following up with a local supplier so lets see what transpires with that first.
Phil

slow mo
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
hi all;; try not to ride in algonquin park after dark! a moose is almost black and hard to see,, also a moose,s eyes don,t reflect like a deers,, and july is a high collison month for moose be carefull you monkeybutts!!! slow mo!

MaximPhil
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
hi all;; try not to ride in algonquin park after dark! a moose is almost black and hard to see,, also a moose,s eyes don,t reflect like a deers,, and july is a high collison month for moose be carefull you monkeybutts!!! slow mo!
Hi Slo Mo,
Does that mean you are joining in the Monkey Butt rally:confused::)
Phil

tinman905
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Slo Mo,
Does that mean you are joining in the Monkey Butt rally:confused::)
Phil

Hey Phil

I'm working on Slo Mo , he's retired now and his bike is in excellent shape give a take a bad wire or two haha! I think he just needs to feel more comfortable about taking his bike on a long trip.

James

MaximPhil
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Phil

I'm working on Slo Mo , he's retired now and his bike is in excellent shape give a take a bad wire or two haha! I think he just needs to feel more comfortable about taking his bike on a long trip.

James
Hi James Good to hear you know Slo Mo. We will all have a chance to get some practice runs under our belt before July. I agree we all need to ride within our own comfort zone.
Phil

MaximPhil
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Hello Hello **** does this thing work@#$%^* Testing Testing#$^T%&*

is ther anybody out there:confused::eek::D
Phil

MartyA
02-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Zzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z...

MaximPhil
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Zzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z...

Hi Marty should have known you would be AWAKE:D Have you booked the time off from work yet?
Phil

MartyA
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Got my schedule today but it only goes to the end of June. At least we should make it to VT

tinman905
03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
So is anyone bringing cards ???????????? Hey just wanted see if there was anyone out there haha!

ossjughead
03-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi All Lori and I will be comming we will be looking for another hotel i guess its the cheap in me that cant spend that much a night for a place to sleep. I will let you guys know what i find
Jim

ossjughead
03-09-2009, 07:39 AM
found a hotel
Mountain View Motel
R.R. #2, Hwy 60 East,
Barry's Bay
(1-800) 363-6936

double bed 85 qween 95

he has many room left
so we are booked
if you call ask for doug hope this helps

Jim

blue giant
03-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I have already called there as well. I will be cancelling my reservations at the Ash Grove and booking here. 170 per night even divided by two couples is too expensive for this guy!

Paul

ossjughead
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I have already called there as well. I will be cancelling my reservations at the Ash Grove and booking here. 170 per night even divided by two couples is too expensive for this guy!

Paul

its to dam hard to make and i would rather spend it on my bike lol
Glad i am not the only one that feel that way

MaximPhil
03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Spring is in the air July will be here soon.
Phil

Big Daddy Funk
03-17-2009, 06:44 AM
The Ash Grove Inn accomodation rate is $74.00 for a single room. Moutain View is $85.00 for a double room. What am I missing ?

blue giant
03-17-2009, 07:26 AM
The Ash Grove Inn accomodation rate is $74.00 for a single room. Moutain View is $85.00 for a double room. What am I missing ?

The Ash Grove only has luxury suites left at $169.00/night based on 4 people.
That's $85.00/couple as opposed to $42.50/couple.

madmax-im
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Well there just might be a chance I could make this...however I wont be able to committ until July...the possibility does exist...;) My passport is in the works and should be here next week.:D

Big Daddy Funk
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I just checked with Ash Grove Inn. I booked a single room for the 17th & 18th @ $74.00cdn. per nite. There are two double beds in the room. It is only an extra $10.00 per night for a second person if we need it.

blue giant
03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I just checked with Ash Grove Inn. I booked a single room for the 17th & 18th @ $74.00cdn. per nite. There are two double beds in the room. It is only an extra $10.00 per night for a second person if we need it.

Hmmmmm.................when I phoned several weeks ago luxury suites were all that was left. :rolleyes:

Big Daddy Funk
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I booked a single room back at the start, not knowing that it had two double beds in it. I assumed it had just one double like a motel. As I mentioned, it turns out to have two double beds in it. One person in the room is $74.00 a night and two people is $84.00 a night. Who'da thunk it?. Anyway I got a roomie now so it all worked out for the best. Rick

MaximPhil
04-03-2009, 11:45 PM
BUMP to the front again.

ossjughead
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
so who is staying at the Mountain view just woundering

MaximPhil
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
so who is staying at the Mountain view just woundering
Hi ossjughead,
If you are all alone at the Mountainview i am sure we can fit you in somehow.
Phil

MartyA
04-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Direction question, not for me, I have a friend.....

Microsoft S&T says after crossing at Buffalo, touring beautiful downtown St. Catherines and Mississauga, to take 400 north, then 11 north at Barrie, then 60 easterly at Huntsville. Is that a fair route? Directest, not too crowded, too rural?

MaximPhil
04-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Direction question, not for me, I have a friend.....

Microsoft S&T says after crossing at Buffalo, touring beautiful downtown St. Catherines and Mississauga, to take 400 north, then 11 north at Barrie, then 60 easterly at Huntsville. Is that a fair route? Directest, not too crowded, too rural?
Hi Marty A,
That is highway to Huntsville. anything starting with 4__ is like your Interstate. 400 on a Friday afternoon is a traffic nightmare to at least Bracebridge. to go that way I would ADD 2 hours for traffic on a summer week end. I will be plotting a course across country closer to the time.
60 has some of the best scenery in Ontario passing though Algonquin Park, watch for MOOSE & Bears and dumb tourists.
What does this friend ride and can you lead?
Phil

madbiker
04-11-2009, 12:08 PM
a 08 Royal Star

MartyA
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Marty A,
400 on a Friday afternoon is a traffic nightmare to at least Bracebridge.
Phil
Would it be better to swing over to Guelph and then zig-zag north or continue along 401 to the other side of Toronto to say 12 or 35 then turn north?
Crossing at Buffalo leaves few options in road selections going in that direction.

What does this friend ride and can you lead? Phil

brand new Star ;).... Lead what?

This was mostly speculation on my part that I still might get up there.
Brent had to back out and my friend is still planning on going and I was thinking he should have a riding partner, which then starts me thinking that Sally and I should take this weekend and ride and then thinking we should head north. :D

It's not really procrastination on my part if it is just in time...

MartyA
04-11-2009, 01:55 PM
o-o-oops I see my friend posted..... :D

hamjam
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
hi
what time of the day and what day would you be crossing the border ?
401 to 35 to 28 to 62 is the most direct route about 400m from marty's
about 8 hrs at the speed limit ....oh yeah chuckle ok 75 mph on the 401 and 55 on the rest for you guys any more = tickets$$
around Apsley no more than 50 it's their only revenue
let us know, Phil and I and we can work something out.
its 220 miles 4 hrs to my house but Toronto is not nice between 7 am to10 am and 4 pm to 8 pm

MartyA
04-11-2009, 03:18 PM
OK, we're good. Border crossing 10:30, leaving Toronto on the 400 at 11:30. Average speeds with friends so 8 hrs, just a nice afternoon jaunt for me and Sally.

Where is Apsley?

Still just speculation for now.

MartyA
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Help me out on a couple of things - I am late to this and a slow reader:
Where is everyone staying? I see the initial and preferred plan was the Ash Grove Inn. I see this on their website:
"Romance Package (based on double occupancy)" Is is customary up there to perhaps expect ONE or THREE to make a Romance Package reservation? I might want to consider another motel. (They don't specify which gender is allowed to be in the majority either...):confused:

Is the Mountain View acceptable? No surprises like small creatures joining us for breakfast, and typically 2 romantic individuals to a room?

Based on your calls, did either place indicate rooms might not be available soon or sooner?

Remember I will be a stranger in a strange land...

hamjam
04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Apsley is on the hw 28 route ,it's more southern direct

You want to take the QEW to 403 go kinda north till it hits the 401 then to the 400 N to Huntsville then 60 east to B.Bay 8:30 hrs 433 miles
another way you could go is 11 N to Bracebridge 118 to 121 then 28 to 62 N through Combermere N to Barrys bay
very pretty, a bit longer 8:45 hr 439 miles
these times are speed limits no stopping no gas no 'nuthin' times by my gps

hamjam
04-11-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.mountainview-motel.com/
Toll free: 1-800-363-6936

this is one of the motels that was discussed originally Phil wanted to book the whole place and I grumped because it had no dinner facility (Breakfast only) or a room for us to hang out in after the ride. my grump was louder ;-) it's a nice place

madbiker
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
well where did I book a room at ?

MartyA
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM

1-888-756-7672
call that number see if you reserved at the Ass Grove Inn. If they never heard of you you are probably at the other.

MaximPhil
04-11-2009, 11:40 PM
1-888-756-7672
call that number see if you reserved at the Ass Grove Inn. If they never heard of you you are probably at the other.
Hi Marty & Ralph,
Suites at Ash Grove have a pull out couch so plenty of room . Most did not like the extra $$.
For route look at QEW to 403 to 401 to 410 to hwy7 to 400 early in the day.
If I took the day off i could lead you astray through the back roads.:D
Phil

tinman905
04-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Hi Marty & Ralph,
Suites at Ash Grove have a pull out couch so plenty of room . Most did not like the extra $$.
For route look at QEW to 403 to 401 to 410 to hwy7 to 400 early in the day.
If I took the day off i could lead you astray through the back roads.:D
Phil

Taking the QEW to 407 and then to 400 might be a lot easier for anyone coming from the States or the Niagara area. If I'm not mistaken you don't pay for the 407 if you're sporting US. plates.

James

Phoenix Rider
04-12-2009, 10:25 AM

I think it was Ass Groove. Your bunkin' with me Big Fella'

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken you don't pay for the 407 if you're sporting US. plates.

James[/QUOTE]

Double check that just in case. The 407 can get 'purrtty' expensive for that distance.
www.407etr.com

Wayne

MaximPhil
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
If I'm not mistaken you don't pay for the 407 if you're sporting US. plates.

James

Double check that just in case. The 407 can get 'purrtty' expensive for that distance.
www.407etr.com

Wayne[/QUOTE]
Big signs on 407 confirm they bill out of province too.
$2 to get on $2 to get off and something like 25c a kilometer in between.
budget 25 to 40 $$$$
Phil

MaximPhil
04-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Taking the QEW to 407 and then to 400 might be a lot easier for anyone coming from the States or the Niagara area. If I'm not mistaken you don't pay for the 407 if you're sporting US. plates.

James
Hi Tin Man,
I froze my ass off yesterday riding to Orangeville for a Timmies. If I had planned ahead we could have met.
SNOW on the side of the road....what the hell was I thinking:eek:
Phil

earl G
04-12-2009, 11:21 AM
ralph,marty and sally- i am going north in july too, looking for travel partners, that i can tag along with; on the hotel room package, i got my own room, so i am good there. called today. on the 407 web site all pay even u.s. plates.

hamjam
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
besides it's a ****e road

Huron52
04-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Route suggestions here!!!!!!

Marty

Did you remember riding through Toronto on the way to Picton in 2004?

Which way did we suggest you travel home?

Which way did you actually travel to get there?

Guelph is out of the way!

Travel south of Lake Ontario and cross the ferries to Kington and then North.

P.S. If you travel passed the cameras on the 407 at greater than 160kmph they won't see you.... Sorry I can't tell you how I know that! :eek:

Of course these are only suggestions ;)

Big Daddy Funk
04-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Not at all sure if I'm following this thread properly.
I plan on leaving Hamilton around 10:00 am Friday (July 17). Plan to ride a liesurely route to Barry's Bay.
I will be taking the scenic route as much as possible. No rush, stop whenever. Enjoy the ride.
Anyone looking to ride along at any point, is more than welcome.
Thx Rick

MartyA
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi Tom!
I tried a Kingston ferry route from here it is another 200km and 2 hrs longer.

The 407 is the only one that charges like that? That is the outer loop around Toronto. I can bypass that easily. I can route via QEW to 401 to 400 (11:30 AM) should be no problem.

Remember this is just thinking out loud for me right now. Brent can't make it so I was thinking if Ralph was still planning on going we would see about riding with him. This assumes I am physically able to climb on a motorcycle soon. :(

tinman905
04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi Tin Man,
I froze my ass off yesterday riding to Orangeville for a Timmies. If I had planned ahead we could have met.
SNOW on the side of the road....what the hell was I thinking:eek:
Phil
I bet you had fun and you would do it again EH! I was just tinkering around the garage and installed a new set of engine guards but was wishing it was warmer.

Next time you're up this way let me know . I think a get together before July might be a good idea?

MaximPhil
04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
I bet you had fun and you would do it again EH! I was just tinkering around the garage and installed a new set of engine guards but was wishing it was warmer.

Next time you're up this way let me know . I think a get together before July might be a good idea?
Yes it was fun and Yes we should plan a get together soon. Are you coming to Vermont for XS East?
Phil

tinman905
04-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes it was fun and Yes we should plan a get together soon. Are you coming to Vermont for XS East?
Phil

I'm still on the fence. I haven't been keeping up to date on XS east but I am thinking about it.

blue giant
04-14-2009, 04:06 AM
I'm still on the fence. I haven't been keeping up to date on XS east but I am thinking about it.

Stop thinking and start planning James, you won't regret it!

:D

MaximPhil
04-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Stop thinking and start planning James, you won't regret it!

Second that. motel info on XS EAST thread.
Phil

slow mo
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
get a hold of me on your next trip to the tinmans town i,m in brampton and would like like to join you in going to james,s house,,up to you; ride safe; slow mo!!

MaximPhil
04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
get a hold of me on your next trip to the tinmans town i,m in brampton and would like like to join you in going to james,s house,,up to you; ride safe; slow mo!!

Hi Slo Mo,
Orangeville is kind of my quick ride destination. Not usually planned in advance... but we can change that:D
Go to SOXS thread for details.
Phil

mrsixtysix
04-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, I guess the economy is picking up, Dena just got switched back to 12 hour shifts again. Unfortunately this mean she has to work weekends again on straight nights :(. Soooo...we won't be able to make it to XS North, there is just no way she can swing the time off. Not sure yet what this means about a room...I think Jim was holding one, I send him an email letting him know. I hope to see most of you at XS East anyway. :)

Sandy H
04-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Not at all sure if I'm following this thread properly.
I plan on leaving Hamilton around 10:00 am Friday (July 17). Plan to ride a liesurely route to Barry's Bay.
I will be taking the scenic route as much as possible. No rush, stop whenever. Enjoy the ride.
Anyone looking to ride along at any point, is more than welcome.
Thx Rick
I work at hwy 400&7 Gong to leave work at noon.
Maybe Tin Man can meet us along the way.He is in Orangeville
Any thoughts on that?

Phoenix Rider
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
:(. Soooo...we won't be able to make it to XS North, there is just no way she can swing the time off. :)

OOOOHHH NNNOOOO!
That's too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing you guys. I keep in touch over the summer with you guys anyways.
Wayner

tinman905
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I work at hwy 400&7 Gong to leave work at noon.
Maybe Tin Man can meet us along the way.He is in Orangeville
Any thoughts on that?
That's fine with me I have Fridays off. I can take hwy 9 to hwy400,that's about 15 to 20 north of hwy 7 on a good day and there's a Park & Ride on the south/west corner.

Sandy H
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
That's fine with me I have Fridays off. I can take hwy 9 to hwy400,that's about 15 to 20 north of hwy 7 on a good day and there's a Park & Ride on the south/west corner.

I think I might take the day off.
Yep 9&400 make sence to me.
Are we going to go up through the park?
I've never been through there.
I wonder how many km that would be to Barry"s Bay
from 400& 9?

hamjam
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
according to my gps programme 400 @ 9 to 11 N to 117 N to 35 N to 60 to Barrys bay = 332 KM

MaximPhil
04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I think I might take the day off.
Yep 9&400 make sence to me.
Are we going to go up through the park?
I've never been through there.
I wonder how many km that would be to Barry"s Bay
from 400& 9?

Hi Sandy,
If you get away early enough and want to ride highways the 400 to Huntsville is a good option the ride through the park will be excellent.
I am thinking of returning though the park on Sunday.
Phil

Huron52
04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I am kind of thinking wandering over to Orillia then 503 to 121 to 28 maybe north of Bancroft on 62 to Barry's Bay

Or east of Bancroft on 28 to 514 and then 515 to 62 then on to Barry's Bay

OR north of Bancroft on 62 then 127 to 523 then 60 to Barry's Bay

All these options.... Might have to flip a coin here and there.

hamjam
04-28-2009, 08:57 PM
you may be riding some of those roads twice :D

Huron52
04-29-2009, 03:29 AM
you may be riding some of those roads twice :D

That can't be a bad thing....

MaximPhil
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
I am kind of thinking wandering over to Orillia then 503 to 121 to 28 maybe north of Bancroft on 62 to Barry's Bay

Or east of Bancroft on 28 to 514 and then 515 to 62 then on to Barry's Bay

OR north of Bancroft on 62 then 127 to 523 then 60 to Barry's Bay

All these options.... Might have to flip a coin here and there.

Hi Tom,
I am interested in your first option. as it matches one I am looking at for going. s long as you do not get to Orrilia too early.
Phil

Huron52
04-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Hi Tom,
I am interested in your first option. as it matches one I am looking at for going. s long as you do not get to Orrilia too early.
Phil

OK? What's toooooooo early?:D

olebiker
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I think Mother Goose and I will show up. I need to check with her first (I gotta check this site more often). July is great as it is still open and maybe I can link this into Newfoundland somehow :) I know it is a bit out of the way but I haven't been there yet.

olebiker
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
The hell with checking I am booked into the Mountainview. See you all there.

MaximPhil
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I think Mother Goose and I will show up. I need to check with her first (I gotta check this site more often). July is great as it is still open and maybe I can link this into Newfoundland somehow :) I know it is a bit out of the way but I haven't been there yet.

Hi olebiker,
Newfoundland is not out of the way.......it's the END of the frikkin Road:D I hear it is very nice. It is a long ride though as it is so far you have to take a boat to get there:)
See you in the MADawaska
Phil

MaximPhil
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
OK? What's toooooooo early?:D

Single digits in the AM:eek: I am hoping MartyA & Sally will make it. Also Big daddy out of Hamilton. Plus a route on side roads to enjoy the whole experience.
Phil

Big Daddy Funk
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Did somebody say Newfoundland? I hope i don't get talked into something. Rick

olebiker
04-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Did somebody say Newfoundland? I hope i don't get talked into something. Rick
Yeah we have been talking about it for a couple of years. We are hoping if money allows to ride both bikes to my buddies near Truro NS then take just mine on the ferry (big bucks) and see some of the rock. I recently reconnected with a gal I knew in my teens that lives on the north side of the Island and has told us to stop in. I am not sure if we are gonna do it this year but I hope too. If we go that time of year seems best.

hamjam
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Let me try again ...OK is this the right one:confused:

Rick and anyone else from west of Hamilton
You should ride to Paris , take a picture at the post office then ride to Dacre . It's only a little bit past Barry's bay , Take a picture of the post office then you can tell everyone at the rally that you have just finished the Paris Dacre rally:D
Jim

Big Daddy Funk
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I can do that! First annual Paris-Dacre Rally XS11 Champion:D....
"First I'd like too thank all the little people......":rolleyes:

olebiker
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
"First I'd like too thank all the little people......":rolleyes:

You are welcome.

Sandy H
05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Single digits in the AM:eek: I am hoping MartyA & Sally will make it. Also Big daddy out of Hamilton. Plus a route on side roads to enjoy the whole experience.
Phil
What time are you going to be by the 400&9 hwy?
We can all meet up and leave to-gether.Safty in numbers

hamjam
05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
hi
would you all do me a favour and send me the details of your room reservations please , name and number of persons in the room , and which place .I am trying to sort out some stuff, my head hurts :(
thanks
Jim

olebiker
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Kathi and I are booked into the Mountainview.

Carl

Huron52
05-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Sort some stuff out? What could that be....

Ash Grove Inn

Pam and myself

Booked for friday and saturday nights

Anything else, we can help you with? :rolleyes:

olebiker
05-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Kathi and I are booked into the Mountainview.

Carl
Oh yeah both nights here as well.

madbiker
05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Wayne and I are at ash groveI'm waiting on Marty to tell me if he needs the 3rd bed or not.
Ralph:p

hamjam
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
thanks guys
and weather report
it was snowing in Bancroft Sat. :(

MaximPhil
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Maxim Phil & Lennart
Ashgrove Inn

Phil

Big Daddy Funk
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Ashgrove Inn Friday and Saturday night. Madmax-im sharing room. Thx Rick

Sandy H
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey!
I am staing at the Ash Grove with a guy from work.
Fri-Sat. nite

earl G
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
ash grove inn friday and saturday night

madmax-im
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Ashgrove Inn Friday and Saturday night. Madmax-im sharing room. Thx Rick

Rick I am not totally committed to this event....and in all likelihood theres a good chance I wont be able to make this...I have to find employment very soon or I wont be going to the bathroom...LOL So just reminding you all that although I'd like to be there my priorities is finding work...This weekend I will be coming back up to Williamsburg to pick up my bike from Jim...so if you wanna meet for a ride...Sat is the day;) Weather permitting OFC!

olebiker
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sat. sounds like it will not be a very good day weather wise.

madmax-im
05-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sat. sounds like it will not be a very good day weather wise.
Yeah I already checked...dont think we want to ride in the rain...I have to pick up this bike this weekend 'cuz if i dont I wont have it for the XSEast rally. I need to be here at home all next week for the possibility of a 2nd interview for a prospective job. So weather be damned..the bike will prolly get wet on the trailer going home...at least its all painted. Sunday looks good up your way but down here its calling for rain...damned either way:eek: Max gets his baptism again...

Big Daddy Funk
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi Ben. Sorry to hear about things on the job front. The bed is available if you can make it to the rally. If you can't I'm sure there will be some last minute sign ups or tansfers from the other motel. Just in case, lets keep the bed available for you until we get closer to July. Here's hoping things improve for you.
Unfortunately I'm booked for this weekend so maybe I'll get to see the restored Max soon. Rick

xsilerating
05-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Booked at the Ash Grove :)

Ron

madmax-im
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Ben. Sorry to hear about things on the job front. The bed is available if you can make it to the rally. If you can't I'm sure there will be some last minute sign ups or tansfers from the other motel. Just in case, lets keep the bed available for you until we get closer to July. Here's hoping things improve for you.
Unfortunately I'm booked for this weekend so maybe I'll get to see the restored Max soon. Rick

Thanks for the well wishes Rick..if at all possible I will try to be there and Rhanks for holding the space for me...Jim is trying to convince me that I should ride up to hid place and then we could then ride up there together...I would prolly trailer the bike to Jim's and then the ride wont be so tedious...So the possibility still does exist:D;):cool:

madmax-im
05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I am coming to XSNorth! I will trailer it up there...as my bike is too uncomfortable to ride that far...geez i am getting to be an oldfart...so Rick and I will have a snore fest...BTW Rick once I take my hearing aids out ...a nuclear bomb would be the only thing to awaken me...you on the other hand might have to put up with a sawing wood snoring drunk...LOL looking forward to seeing you crazy dudes again...:D

olebiker
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Ben I am glad you are coming.

Carl

Big Daddy Funk
05-27-2009, 04:48 AM
That's great news Ben. We should all have a big ole' time. We will have to leave a window open overnight and disturb everyone else at the lodge as well.
Rick.

Huron52
05-28-2009, 03:25 AM
You haven't got me worried.... I always pack lots of ear plugs.

MartyA
05-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I just reserved one of the Luxury rooms for me, Sally, and Dena. We really don't need that much room, but Wendell indicated that is all that is available. Wendell indicated that 3 of our group have reserved a "Comfort" room with one person in each. Perhaps if the opportunity presents a coordinator could get two of them to double-up and that would open up a Comfort room for me and Sally and Dena? Just trying to keep the costs down.

Still OK if we don't work it out.

Firefighter46
05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello Guys,

Looking forward to the XS north trip. Looks like a fare amount of lads are coming from XS east. That will be fun. I will be bringing my girlfriend, doesn't sound like its as much riding. is it just a 3 day trip this time. heading out on sunday!

olebiker
05-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I just reserved one of the Luxury rooms for me, Sally, and Dena. We really don't need that much room, but Wendell indicated that is all that is available. Wendell indicated that 3 of our group have reserved a "Comfort" room with one person in each. Perhaps if the opportunity presents a coordinator could get two of them to double-up and that would open up a Comfort room for me and Sally and Dena? Just trying to keep the costs down.

Still OK if we don't work it out.

Marty some of us are staying at the other motel if you go back a number of pages.

MartyA
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes I saw that, at the Mountain View. I wanted to try the Ash Grove first, see if we can work it out. Hammie is sort of coordinating the sleeping arrangements, let's see what he can juggle first.

hamjam
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes I saw that, at the Mountain View. I wanted to try the Ash Grove first, see if we can work it out. Hammie is sort of coordinating the sleeping arrangements, let's see what he can juggle first.

Hi
I think Earl G and Xsilerating, Ron have booked a room each , so if you guys are willing to share the room that would open up a room :D
I have 2 luxury suites booked I am thinking of letting one go unless any one is interested

xsilerating
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
I am coming to XSNorth! I will trailer it up there...as my bike is too uncomfortable to ride that far...geez i am getting to be an oldfart... / / ...

Yea, just like most of the rest of us! LOL :D Glad you're coming, I'll finally get to meet you, seeing as I missed the last 2 times you were up this way.

Hi
I think Earl G and Xsilerating, Ron have booked a room each , so if you guys are willing to share the room that would open up a room :D
I have 2 luxury suites booked I am thinking of letting one go unless any one is interested

Hey Jim... not positive yet but, fairly certain that a friend of mine will be coming along. If not, we can look at doubling up. Will know more as we get closer to the big event.

Ron

ossjughead
05-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Well i am in at the moutain view and as long as there is a place for big daddy and me to drink RYE i dont care lol

Jim

Big Daddy Funk
05-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Well Jim, I'm sure a man of your size and temperment could make some room. I'll be up there shortly so we can get in some practice. Maybe you should talk to HamJam to see if you can be squeezed into the Ash Grove. It would be great if all the bad apples were in the same basket. :DRick

ossjughead
05-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Well i have a couple of friends coming with Lori and i or i would try to get in there but no matter both hotels have ditches to sleep in lol

Jim

tinman905
05-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Well i have a couple of friends coming with Lori and i or i would try to get in there but no matter both hotels have ditches to sleep in lol

Jim
Hey Jim you must have missed the memo they laid down sidewalks and the ditches are all gone. :D

madmax-im
05-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Well i am in at the moutain view and as long as there is a place for big daddy and me to drink RYE i dont care lol

Jim

Rye? I got a bottle of Tequila that you'll swear was Whiskey or Rye ;) :D

Firefighter46
05-30-2009, 07:48 PM

That could be very dangerous!

Big Daddy Funk
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I love Tequila! Bring some with you Ben, Just enough to light the afterburners. I'll bring the Forty Creek Rye. Jim you bring the bail money.

madmax-im
05-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I love Tequila! Bring some with you Ben, Just enough to light the afterburners. I'll bring the Forty Creek Rye. Jim you bring the bail money.
OK...sounds like the deal is getting sweeter by the day..LOL :D :cool:

Big Daddy Funk
05-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Maybe Firefighter 46 has some para-medic skills that may come in handy as well. Matt you bring the bandaids, antiseptic spray, rolaids, and aspirin.

MartyA
05-31-2009, 05:09 AM

after a bottle of Tequila I'll swear to anything....:D

blue giant
05-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Hmmmm....... I think I'll bring a small bottle of scotch, some of those little cigars and a big old folding lawn chair to watch the show. If things get out of hand I'll direct traffic and guide the emergency crews in.;)

MartyA
05-31-2009, 05:11 AM
FYI-

excerpt from ABC News:

"...as of June 1, Americans will need to present a valid travel document to enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean islands and Bermuda.

What's a valid travel document? A regular passport, a new passport card, a "trusted traveler" card or an "enhanced driver's license," which states the person's nationality. Children under the age of 16 will not be required to have the travel documentation.

Currently, only a handful of states -- Vermont, New York, Washington and Michigan -- offer the new enhanced documentation.

Enhanced driver's licenses are wallet-size and are less expensive than the average $100 fee for a standard passport. "

madmax-im
05-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Ha ...Thats exactly what I said a few months back...No worries here as I have my Passport and have used it twice this year. With the proper documents its a breeze to cross the border...:D

olebiker
05-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Marty
A passport is better than these special travel documents. They are expensive and not needed. I cross back and forth sometimes once a week. No hassle no worry.

FYI-

excerpt from ABC News:

"...as of June 1, Americans will need to present a valid travel document to enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean islands and Bermuda.

What's a valid travel document? A regular passport, a new passport card, a "trusted traveler" card or an "enhanced driver's license," which states the person's nationality. Children under the age of 16 will not be required to have the travel documentation.

Currently, only a handful of states -- Vermont, New York, Washington and Michigan -- offer the new enhanced documentation.

Enhanced driver's licenses are wallet-size and are less expensive than the average $100 fee for a standard passport. "

Big Daddy Funk
05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Besides, If American border guards won't allow you back into the USA, Just claim refugee status in Canada and we'll pay you $30,000.00 plus all the health care and social assistance you could hope for. Enjoy your stay.

earl G
05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi

i am willing to share a room.

MartyA
05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Does this need updated?

Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double
MaximPhil ....... Double
ELDR + Heather
Big Daddy Funk ..... Single
Huron52 ......?
SandyH ......?
TinMan905 ......?
Blue Giant.....Luxury Suite (that's all that was left)
Marty & Sally & Dino18........Luxury (could swap for a "Comfort" if available)

madbiker
05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
yea mine needs changed to me & Wayne

madmax-im
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm in with Big Daddy Funk...:cool:

hamjam
05-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double luxury
MaximPhil ..... Phil & Lennart.. Double
ELDR + Heather ted
Big Daddy Funck .....rick bne
Huron52 ....tom cale.double.?
SandyH ..... double
TinMan905 single??
MadBiker ralph + Wayne..Triple
xsilerating ......Ron . Single (most likely will be changed to double)?
Earl g ............... single
Blue Giant.....Luxury Suite (that's all that was left) paul
Luxury rooms for Marty, Sally, and Dena

tinman905
05-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Rooms booked by
XS "handle" Room
HamJam ....... Double luxury
MaximPhil ..... Phil & Lennart.. Double
ELDR + Heather ted
Big Daddy Funck .....rick bne
Huron52 ....tom cale.double.?
SandyH ..... double
TinMan905 single??
MadBiker ralph + Wayne..Triple
xsilerating ......Ron . Single (most likely will be changed to double)?
Earl g ............... single
Blue Giant.....Luxury Suite (that's all that was left) paul
Luxury rooms for Marty, Sally, and Dena

Tinman905..... James and Susan ........Double

MartyA
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Just to clarify, that is one Luxury room for Sally, Marty and Dena.

hamjam
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I have negotiated Breakfast and am working on dinner options :)
so far
Saturday am - Breakfast Buffet 8:00am - 9:00am
Featuring: scrambled eggs, scrambled omelet, bacon, sausage, homefries, pancakes, french toast, baked beans, toast, muffins, fruit salad, coffee/tea
$7.50/person plus tax and tip

MartyA
06-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I have negotiated Breakfast....$7.50/person plus tax and tip

That's about $6.80 'murican +tax+tip
Not bad considering how far north them aiggs gotta travel....

MaximPhil
06-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi HamJam,
Great for a 9:01 Stands Up start. A full belly and a caffeine high .... away we GO:D
Phil

hamjam
06-05-2009, 07:01 AM
yeah the come south ,they're penguin aiggs:p:D

Huron52
06-05-2009, 07:15 AM

Them aiggs are yokcal

MaximPhil
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok I am in for Breakfast. What's for dinner??? What's on draught? (thats draft for the 'mericans)
I didn't get to be this shape by not eating:D
Phil

MaximPhil
06-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I have negotiated Breakfast and am working on dinner options :)
so far
Saturday am - Breakfast Buffet 8:00am - 9:00am
Featuring: scrambled eggs, scrambled omelet, bacon, sausage, homefries, pancakes, french toast, baked beans, toast, muffins, fruit salad, coffee/tea
$7.50/person plus tax and tip

Hi HamJam,
Can we get the same deal for Sunday Breakfast? While some have only a few hours ride to get home others have a long day ahead of them
I plan a long days ride home too.
Phil

Big Daddy Funk
06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi HamJam,
Can we get the same deal for Sunday Breakfast? While some have only a few hours ride to get home others have a long day ahead of them
I plan a long days ride home too.
Phil

Yeah, I gotta eat AND poop before I roll.

hamjam
06-08-2009, 07:11 AM
T.M.I.:eek:
ok how many want breakfast at 8

MartyA
06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Sunday breakfast at 8 AM? Good for me and Sally and Dena.

Firefighter46
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Sounds Good to me, I find it nice to get some food and coffee in my system before i get back on the Bike!

ELDR
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Sunday Breakfast for Ted and Heather, please

madmax-im
06-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Sunday breakfast sounds good to me too

earl G
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
8 am that a good time for me:)

madbiker
06-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Marty you forgot me :mad:
Ralph

Sandy H
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM
8:00 is good for me as well

MartyA
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Marty you forgot me :mad:
Ralph

Jeez sorry Ralph! I am on pain meds.....

Earl too!!

madbiker
06-09-2009, 06:10 PM
got it done did you ? I was just in for and infection in the leg on anti-botics now
Ralph

Big Daddy Funk
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Okay Brekky at 8am :eek:

madmax-im
06-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Anyone from PA,NJ DEL,NY going to this rally? I would consider riding the bike IF I had some XSives to ride with otherwise its going on the trailer...it just might anyhow...but I'd want to get a feel for who might also be riding to Madawaska...;)...EARL?

earl G
06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
i will be riding up to the great white north. because of work i have to leave later on friday. i want to be on the road by 9 am. pa turnpike to 81 n. up. then a left and a right and should be there. 462 miles 8 hours 24 minutes. 4 stops for gas add another hour. get there by 6 pm. the ride is on.

MartyA
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Sally and I and Ralph madbiker are heading up on Thursday to Dena's then leave there on Friday. That is close enough that we could take a leisurely pace... :rolleyes: We'll cross at the eastern end of Lake Ontario. With luck we'll meet up with Earl some time later in the day, and Carl olebiker around Kingston, and any other future refugee... :cool:

madmax-im
06-24-2009, 09:26 PM
i will be riding up to the great white north. because of work i have to leave later on friday. i want to be on the road by 9 am. pa turnpike to 81 n. up. then a left and a right and should be there. 462 miles 8 hours 24 minutes. 4 stops for gas add another hour. get there by 6 pm. the ride is on.

Ok not sure yet what day to leave....I have been invited by ossjughead to come up to his place Thurs night and then I could ride with him to the Ash Grove...that would mean I trailer there because I would be riding solo up I 81...I've already done this route two round trips this year and it is a long stretch of slabbing...if i ride it up then it would be on a Fri with you(Earl) and meet others further up the road...ok I'll let you know soon if I want to ride with you or what......;)

newc4
06-25-2009, 06:46 AM
BNE,

I've been thinking about it but its 660 miles from WashDC, a 100 more than it was to Brattlesboro.

Right now it's a low probability. Mostly it will depend on the weather. If its hot and humid, I'd melt before I reached Canada.

If I do go its a Thursday departure. Most likely up I-81 though Minivan Gary floated the idea of staying over with him in Toronto, Thu night.

Darrell

madmax-im
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey Darrel 660 miles is a long haul for sure....I am not good with heat and humidity either...not many ppl are...I tend to overheat easily so I am seriously leaning towards trailering the bike up there. On the XSEast run up to Brattleboro and back,I did a total of 960 miles for the weekend....I was not at all comfortable on the stretch going up there or going home...although I did it my body aches and pains went on for 2 weeks after that ride before I recovered. The old bike just isnt as comfortable as I'd like it to be nor will it ever be...especially coming from riding an ST1100 for long distance...can you say spoiled?:rolleyes:

TopCatGr58
06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Folks,

HamJim requested that I post this image for him for the Rally, it's the T-Shirt for the XS North Rally!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/topcatgr/BENNIE/XSNorth09T_Shirt2.jpg

T.C.

MartyA
06-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Is that a surf board? COOL!!! I'm good for a couple of shirts!

Should we move this to the XS North shirt thread (http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23055)?

madmax-im
06-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Well if this is the shirt I'll take one... in Large...I was kinda hoping somehow a Canadian flag would be on the shirt...

MartyA
06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Just don't order black....:D

hamjam
06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Shirt orders

Hi
this is what I ended up with .it appears that my sense of design does not take into account what can be physically done but ...:(
to order please send your order to Ted @
tratcliffe@global-exhibit-tech.com and here Channel 11 xs on the north shirt thread ok thanks
stating quantity and size . I hope you all like grey with black lettering …if not … I hope you all like grey with black lettering . and BNE we will get you a flag :D:D
The T shirt guy needs 2 weeks to “get ‘er done “ so we needs your orders now that means from now till Wed night then we have to send them to “ the guy” I believe we can do them for $ 10 Can or the price of a starbucks coffee for you guys in the U.S. of A. :D
Thanks for your time and attention , stay tuned for further eXSiting adventures here on Ch 11
Jim

ELDR
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Today is the last day for T-shirt orders.

if you have not already, send me a PM or email tratcliffe@global-exhibit-tech.com

Ted

hamjam
07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
ok guys guyettes
this is the menu for lunch ,
http://www.mapletonhouse.ca/menu.htm
please do the same as for dinner let me know by reply how many would like burgers , sandwiches or pancakes or what ever we will go with the 2 that have the most votes to help the restaurant and ourselves to be able to eat in a timely manner
thanks
Jim

MaximPhil
07-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi Boys & Girls,
HamJam & I have spent the day driving the roads he has planned for XSNorth. You are in for a treat. There are a couple of rough sections we will have to bounce over and one section of straight road too:):)
Gas stations have been verified and distances checked. Jim will be checking all the data over the next few days to finalize the route.

Location of Liquor store (LCBO) and BEER STORE has been established.
Phil

Firefighter46
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Thats great, Is it a long run on the Saturday?

hamjam
07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll tell you, you tell me what you want for lunch:D:D

Firefighter46
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll tell you, you tell me what you want for lunch:D:D

Ok you win.:D I didn't know you wanted it listed but i will take the Veal Parmigiana c/w Garlic Bread:)

MartyA
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Burger for me, pancakes and sausage for Sally

Firefighter46
07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Ok you win.:D I didn't know you wanted it listed but i will take the Veal Parmigiana c/w Garlic Bread:)

2 orders of that, one for the girlfriend!

hamjam
07-06-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks
any body else have a preference ??
Matt it works out to total 471 K about 6 hrs
225K , 3 hrs AM
216 K , 3hrs PM
Jim

madbiker
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
burgers are good

Sandy H
07-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey Guys!
Not good news I am going to have to cancel.
The good news is if someone needs a room they should call now.
It turns out I have a more serious injury than I thought.
Riding is going to be out for me for at least a month.
Have fun everyone we will meet soon

Sandy H
07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I guess I should have given you the name of the motel.
The Ashgrove Inn

madmax-im
07-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Sandy ...sorry to hear you wont make it...heal up and take care...Jim... burgers for Lunch...:D ;)

MaximPhil
07-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Sandwich will do for me.
Phil

Big Daddy Funk
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
CLUB sandwhich sounds good as well as being appropriate to the occasion. Thx Rick

xsilerating
07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Burger or sandwich :rolleyes: ... decisions, :confused: decisions, :o decisions :eek:

Huron52
07-07-2009, 03:25 AM
Let me see if I got this straight.... we are posting in the XS north thread and not the dinner thread for what we want for dinner ....but this dinner we are talking about is really lunch. Or is it?

Because Dinner is really at the Ashgrove. yes no?
Is this a fixed price or is it off the menu?
Or is it somewhere else?

hmmm somewhere in this whole mess you need me to answer a question but I have forgotten the question.

Jim

Could you ask again? What's the question? What do you need to know?

And I will try to answer it. So you can record my vote.

hamjam
07-07-2009, 07:20 AM
"ok guys guyettes
this is the menu for lunch ,
http://www.mapletonhouse.ca/menu.htm
please do the same as for dinner let me know by reply how many would like burgers , sandwiches or pancakes or what ever we will go with the 2 that have the most votes to help the restaurant and ourselves to be able to eat in a timely manner
thanks
Jim
I'll tell you, you tell me what you want for lunch:D

Tom

I was asking about lunch not dinner :D
you get a burger :D
jim

ELDR
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Burgers for 2 :D :D

Firefighter46
07-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey Guys,

Looks like i am going to have to pull the plug on XS North this year. My girlfriends business is just to busy and i need to work. Have Fun, looking forward to riding with you another time.

Thanks

blue giant
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey Folks,

I've had to cancel out as well. There should be a luxury suite available at the Ash Grove for any one that's interested.

Paul

MaximPhil
07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I am disappointed that so many of you are falling out. I know you all have legitemate reasons and **** happens to us all but still disappointing.

any late comers to the party will be able to get a room:)

all this talk of food has me wondering What about the BEER:D

Phil

newc4
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm firming up on coming with MadMax. Ride to his place and trailer up Friday. Too far to ride on a regular weekend.

So I can pick up a room or a rack.

Darrell

MartyA
07-08-2009, 03:35 AM
good Darrell!! Come on up!

MaximPhil
07-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm firming up on coming with MadMax. Ride to his place and trailer up Friday. Too far to ride on a regular weekend.

Darrell

Excellent news Darrell. Trailering sounds like a good option.
Phil

Brent
07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Darrell,

It will be good to see you again. Unfortunately, I am having some minor maintenance issues with my fabled XS11, so I will be riding an "other brand" bike.

Brent in GA

Darrell

tinman905
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Looks like I have to cancel as well sorry guys my sitter has canceled.

madmax-im
07-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Just a friendly reminder for all U.S. riders to have their Passports ;)

MartyA
07-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Just a friendly reminder for all U.S. riders to have their Passports ;)

I think you need a certificate from your insurance co. that states your US motorcycle is covered in Canada.

hamjam
07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
also for you "furriners"
100 KPH = 62 MPH
80 KPH = 50 MPH
60 KPH = 40 MPH
50 KPH = 30 MPH
so take care ,sometimees they hide in the bushes hoping to increase the local coffers ;-)

hamjam
07-11-2009, 08:34 AM
why didn't my spul chuckr see 'sometimees '

newc4
07-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Darrell,

It will be good to see you again. Unfortunately, I am having some minor maintenance issues with my fabled XS11, so I will be riding an "other brand" bike.

Brent in GA

Of course, Brent

Big Daddy Funk
07-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I've decided to head up monday and visit with a buddy at his place on near Minden. Thursday I'll ride over to Barry's Bay and check in at the Ashgrove. Friday I'll probably ride out to meet up with the Ottawa Valley Boys and ride back in with them.
See you all on Friday ! Rick

MaximPhil
07-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Rick,
Try and stay busy eh!
I recomend Hwy 35 north of Minden and Haliburton is a good lunch destination.
See you Friday
Phil

madmax-im
07-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I think you need a certificate from your insurance co. that states your US motorcycle is covered in Canada.

Last I checked this wasnt necessary,but a good idea nonetheless...Been up to Ontario twice this year and no where was it even checked ;)

xsilerating
07-11-2009, 03:47 PM

If it's anything like the appropriate Canadian legislation, if it's covered here (in Canada) then, it's covered there (in the U.S.) :rolleyes:. (Reciprocal Agreements) :D

Just make sure that you have motorcycle coverage. ;) :p

Ron

Big Daddy Funk
07-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi Rick,
Try and stay busy eh!
I recomend Hwy 35 north of Minden and Haliburton is a good lunch destination.
See you Friday
Phil

It is illegal for any biker to pass by the Minden Hotel without stopping in for a beer, lunch or T shirt. If my bike is still outside after I buy a T shirt, I will continue up Hwy 35 to Carnarvon & Boshgung Lake for a few days.
Thursday I head up on 35 to Lake of Bays, then onto Hwy 60 across Algonquin Park and on to Barry's Bay.
Thursday night, catch a good Rye Whiskey buzz and sleep in Friday morning.:D

MartyA
07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Last I checked this wasnt necessary,but a good idea nonetheless...Been up to Ontario twice this year and no where was it even checked ;)

You are correct Ben, it is not checked routinely. I believe it is checked, however, in certain circumstances, which we all hope to avoid and won't be mentioned here...
;);)

hamjam
07-12-2009, 08:20 AM
yeah check my last posts

xsiveson
07-12-2009, 03:31 PM
hey everyone, this is Gary on Aaron"s account. Good news for u guys and girls from me, I will be there this weekend and can hardly wait. I am going to have enough beer waiting for everyone who arrives on Friday and Sally if u post what is your favourite I'll have it cold for u. (not that your my favorite or any thing like that so don't misconscrew what i'm saying here.) Actually if there are any other special requests from our American brothers or sisters I'll do my best to pick up what u would like to have waiting cold for u. Can I bring the Harley award, does it apply to this rally? I'm just kidding. However I will NOT be bringing my XS just because I'm 2 tired to ride it that far safely, but she is running perfectly and the new master cylinder stops her on a dime. So please get all of your jokes out of the way now and don't torture me on the weekend, after all this is how I will be able to bring the beer in the car.Yes I could bring the XS in the van but honestly I'm not up to loading it and unloading it (trust me on this one). Aaron turns 22 on the 18th and he will be partying with other friends It will be great just to see all of u again so soon. Gary.

MartyA
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes I could bring the XS in the van but honestly I'm not up to loading it and unloading it (trust me on this one).

That is OK Gary. I think we can allow you to attend under a special pass, well, just because.

Sally is piping in:
This is Sally on Marty's account. Marty's in the other room...I thought I WAS your favorite...at least that's what you said in Vermont...Did you LIE to me? Must be true what they say about Canadian men! Don't you remember...I am the gal who likes Bloody Marys, so Cheap Vodka and Tomato Juice will do.

madmax-im
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Gary! It will be good to see you too! Cant wait to get up there...as for the beer anything that can chase the Tequila that I am bringing will suffice...Ben ;)

hamjam
07-13-2009, 08:52 AM
cross posted from the dinner thread
Hi
so how many exactly will be having dinner by counting the shirt thread there appears to be 22 at dinner is this correct
please reply

Alex (Axel) 1XL
Ben (Madmax-im) 1L
Brent (Brent) 1L
Brian 2XXL 2 attending
Carl (olebiker) 1M 1L
Earl G (earl g) 1XL
Gary C 4 XL
James (Tinman) 1S 1XL not attending
Jim (Hamjam) 1XXXL
Jim (ossjughead) 1XXXL
Lee (Tranzz) 1XL 1XXXL
Lennart 1XL not attending
Marty A (Marty A) 1M 1XXL 3 ?
Matt A (Firefighter46) 1S 1L not attending
Paul A (Bluegiant) 1L 1XL not attending
Phil (Maximphill) 1XL
Ralph (madbiker) 1XL
Rick (Big Daddy Funk) 1XL
Rob (79xs11f) 1L
Ron (xsilerating) 1XL
Sandy 1L maybe not attending
Sidecar Rob 1L
Tom (Huron52) 1M 1L
Wayne (Phoenix Rider) 1M

newc4
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately, I've had a death in the family, my mother's sister, so I won't be able to attend this weekend.

Darrell

esw1104
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I wonder if they still have rooms ?

Can any old yokel on a XS1100 show up?

Its close enough to my place in Peterborough.

Adam

MartyA
07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Yes Marty, with Sally and Dena. Total of 3.

Is my parking ticket validated?

hamjam
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Yes Marty, with Sally and Dena. Total of 3.

Is my parking ticket validated?

thanks
yes just hand the guy on the buick a big tip and all will be taken care of:D