PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

egleaves
03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
In the list of available social groups there is a stat tracking the number of pictures for each group.

Where are these pics? Is there a way to create galleries within the group?

I tried inserting a pic into a message, but that didn't change the stat. I haven't found any additional information or instruction on how to use the groups feature so I'm throwing the question out there to see what anybody knows.

TopCatGr58
03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey EG,

There are quite a few NEW features to this version of Vbulletin, and I don't know all of them! I looked at the FAQ, you can find a little blurb about the Social Groups there, but nothing about the photo albums for the social groups!? You can create more than one photo album in your control panel, might be able to make it for the social group, but not sure!?
T.C.

egleaves
03-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I did a little research this morning and found this in the vBulletin manual by searching for "social group":

Enable Social Group Pictures
If this option is selected, any users with albums will be able to add pictures from an album to groups they belong to.

Perhaps this option is not currently enabled?

TopCatGr58
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Okay, just checked and Social Groups Pictures IS enabled!!
I'm more of a housekeeper, not a programmer! :p
T.C.

GARTHXS
03-06-2009, 10:21 PM
i just made up my own group and added some photos of my bikes!!!:D

egleaves
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Garth, I was able to insert a pic into the message like you did, but there is supposed to be a way to add photos from your personal gallery to the group. That's the part I can't figure out.

GARTHXS
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I will. Check it out

dbeardslee
03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Anybody know if there is a way to make the social group function generate an e-mail when someone posts to the group?

TopCatGr58
03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
It looks like you can subscribe to a FORUM and THREADS, but not to a SOCIAL GROUP. Guess you have to be SOCIAL and come to the group to see what's going on! :p
T.C.

dbeardslee
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Doh! Thanks TC.