PDA

View Full Version : Shorter shocks?

Tropic-al
12-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I've read a few threads about members looking for shorter shocks for their custom bobber, cafe racer, etc.
If you look up www.davequinnmotorcycles.com , then click on the twin shocks category and scroll down, you will see a list of measurements and special orders they make.
They don't sell online, but are a very reputable company that bought out Hagon Shocks (from what I was told). I don't know how expensive they might be. A friend bought a set for his 75 GL1100and was very pleased with the price and service.
Hope it helps someone.

Bartolucci
12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Website says, "TWIN SHOCKS FROM $218.00 TO $386.00." I'm sure they make a nice product, but I won't put that much coin down on a set of bike shocks (or car shocks for that matter). I read of folks who buy rebel shocks for 30 bucks on ebay, but I've yet to see anything that cheap. From what I can tell, only the older 80s rebels (85?) had 10.5" shocks, the others I've seen (newer) are all 11.6" which is about what I have now.

Just have to keep my eyes open... :D

DGXSER
12-25-2009, 03:56 AM
If your talking about shocks for a Honda Rebel, seems to me they would not be alot of use on a 600 lb bike. I think I could lift and throw one of those Rebels.

John
12-25-2009, 11:24 AM
When you use shorter shocks, your side and center stands must also be shortened. Also, the lever and pads on the center stand will tend to scrape more readily.