PDA

View Full Version : January Toronto Motorcycle show

Huron52
12-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Here is the link

http://www.supershowevents.com/super/index.html

You can $3 off after 5pm on friday , saturday (printable coupon)

Last year we had early supper then went to the show. I think it worked last year.

Who's in?

Any ideas? (constructive ideas)

tinman905
12-18-2010, 08:06 AM
It's was a good time there last year. The meet and greet for lunch/dinner was nice . There are lots of good deals to be had at this show. Lots of venders for leather's {imports}and many of the new products will be available at this show.

MaximPhil
12-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi,
I am in again. The food before worked well last year. I see the price has gone up to $18 so the $3 off will be useful. Show is open until 10pm Saturday so plenty of time to see all the stuff and Buy something:)
Phil

Phoenix Rider
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm going to be there. Are we going to be meeting @ Arizona's again? If so just say what time.

Wayner

Big Daddy Funk
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm In. BDF

slow mo
12-20-2010, 03:10 PM
ist street north of the show past Derry rd make a left off airport road and 1st right ,, to the airport grill cheap breakfast for the past 40 years i,m going there about 10;30 Saturday morning come along if ya want! ride safe ,,slow mo!

tinman905
12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Slow mo has made a mistake ,he is going to meet up when everyone is. I will be meeting " rebel Mo " near Orangeville and heading to the "meet & great" for some fiddles and drinks before the show.:D

Huron52
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Wayne has asked what time? Any answers to that? I know before 5pm because that is when the price changes.... but how much before?

tinman905
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
If I remember correct we all met around 3pm for a late lunch and then went to the show. Lets start with that ,if anyone feels different speak up.:cool:

MaximPhil
12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
If I remember correct we all met around 3pm for a late lunch and then went to the show. Lets start with that ,if anyone feels different speak up.:cool:

That is what i recall from 2010 too. Worked quite well. Remember to print the coupon :D
Phil

hamjam
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
so 3pm where ?

Huron52
12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
so 3pm where ?

http://www.arizonabarandgrill.com/

Sandy H
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
There are a few of us that are going to go early Shop shop and shop somemore then meet eat and greet at 3:00pm

MaximPhil
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
There are a few of us that are going to go early Shop shop and shop somemore then meet eat and greet at 3:00pm

Hi Sandy,
That works too. The extra $3 is insinificant if you get a good discount on a product you want. Hope they have your size and colour in everything you are looking for. See you at Lunch.
Phil

Huron52
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Sandy,
That works too. The extra $3 is insinificant if you get a good discount on a product you want. Hope they have your size and colour in everything you are looking for. See you at Lunch.
Phil

Actually I have several people doing it both ways.... Show then eat and Eat and then show.

I might have float from table to table :)

MaximPhil
01-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Bump incase anyone else wants to join the fun.
Bike shows keep us from going crazy in the winter:)
Phil

slow mo
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
can,t make it for long,, but should see you there ,,mo

MaximPhil
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
can,t make it for long,, but should see you there ,,mo

Hi Mo, is that Cast as in Song and Dance lets put on a show:)
or Cast as in Plaster..... oops i broke something:mad:

See you Saturday
Phil

MaximPhil
01-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is the link

http://www.supershowevents.com/super/index.html

You can $3 off after 5pm on friday , saturday (printable coupon)

Last year we had early supper then went to the show. I think it worked last year.

Who's in?

Any ideas? (constructive ideas)

Hi Tom,
Looks like few of us will make it. See you Saturday
Phil

icecycle
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
It's a coin toss about the show. Got a bum knee with surgery planned for Feb. However I NEED to go to the show, as mentioned before, the show does protect ones sanity. This is what is great about this XS 11 group; things are a sort of planned maybe. Here's what we are doing and when, if you show great, if not maybe next time.

:D Ya can't herd cats :D

MaximPhil
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
It's a coin toss about the show. Got a bum knee with surgery planned for Feb. However I NEED to go to the show, as mentioned before, the show does protect ones sanity. This is what is great about this XS 11 group; things are a sort of planned maybe. Here's what we are doing and when, if you show great, if not maybe next time.

:D Ya can't herd cats :D

Hi Icecycle,
Come on down. Meet us at the Arizona and our designated driver with the "gimpy sticker" can drive us over and drop at the entrance.:)
Then we'll pick up a wheelchair.:p Bring a stick ( to beat back the crowds);) and look the part. We have done this before. a Relay of Rolling Buddies will be organized. ( we don't use the term "Pusher" :eek:

See you Saturday
Phil

icecycle
01-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I find your plan quite amusing. A possitive sign my sanity need the show.
Bruce

MaximPhil
01-08-2011, 10:47 PM
we did it. Well some of us made it to Arizona's and had lunch.
Huron 52 & Pam BDF Tinman Hamjam Rob Lennert.
Some called in Sick and others lame.
I had a good time spent wandering round admiring motorcycles old and new. Lots of accesories. One bought a helmet another a bag.

Roll on Spring. I can hardly wait.
Phil

tinman905
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
we did it. Well some of us made it to Arizona's and had lunch.
Huron 52 & Pam BDF Tinman Hamjam Rob Lennert.
Some called in Sick and others lame.
I had a good time spent wandering round admiring motorcycles old and new. Lots of accesories. One bought a helmet another a bag.

Roll on Spring. I can hardly wait.
Phil

You forgot about the sheep skin:D

hamjam
01-09-2011, 07:20 AM
and you forgot Rob as well although he is not exactly like a sheepskin :D

icecycle
01-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Poor old me I did come up lame on Saturday :(, couldn't get my pants past my knee. Thinking it's winter and a public event so pants should be worn. Thankfully ice packs reduced the knee enough so my son and I attended on Sunday. He rides "Pen" a 82 XJ 1100 Maxim, 4 to 1 with a kerker muffler.
Thought I might have an interest in the "Iron Butt Rally" until I saw the map. I guess if you're a distance Diva all you want is mostly 4 lanes, flat and straight 400 series highway. Parry Sound weekend ride seems more interesting. Man those Indian Bikes (dad rode one) are almost as nice as my XJ. Still more $ than value. Amused the looks I get from leather venders. Looking for leather riding gloves premade in Brown. Guess cows just don't come in that colour:rolleyes:.
Good time all in all, looking forward to the smaller shows. Last year enjoyed the London show. If you're in the area its worth the afternoon's time.
Icecycle

MaximPhil
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Calling all SOXS and Ontario FOXS and any other XSives in the vicinity.

Recycling last years thread. up to date info here: http://www.supershowevents.com/super/index.html

Technically in Mississauga on Airport Rd (if you are using a GPS) Saturday 7 January 2012

Plan is to meet at 3:00pm Arizona Bar & Grill on Carlingview Rd http://www.arizonabarandgrill.com/

Print the coupon from the Supershow site for $3 off after 5pm Show is open until 10pm

Maxim Phil

hamjam
01-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Have fun kids i cannot make Sat ...but will be around on Sun. :)

Huron52
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Talk about a thread "blast from the past"

Not sure what day I (we) are going to make it It may even be friday.

hamjam
01-02-2012, 09:00 PM
if it's Sun give me a message

Huron52
01-02-2012, 09:02 PM
if it's Sun give me a message

Shouldn't that be if it's sunday give me a sign?

hamjam
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
hmmm really .... ya sure.... ok .here's your sign. :D

Huron52
01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm thinking more like Friday down/show/food/head home.

MaximPhil
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
It's like Herding Cats as Brent would say:D
I am a Man.....I can go on Friday if I have to :D
I am only 20 minutes from the show.... so it's not about the show it's about the meet and greet.
So no Doner party of 15 this year?

Phil

Phoenix Rider
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Sorry Guys,
I have to work both days. Won't be making the show this year.

Wayne

MaximPhil
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
As it is now Friday night and NO One has said they will be at Arizona's at 3pm
I will not bother to attend either.
Phil

Huron52
01-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry Phil didn't see you post until today. We were there friday afternoon. Ran into some friends (other than the XS group) A little better than last year... not quite so many Harleys Or at least custom stuff up in that hall but then the eye candy made up for it.

Hooter girls were handing out free wings so we (Pam and I) stopped in at Hooters on Carling drive. Don't think we will be stopping there again. The girls were nice but not the food.

Pam bought a pair of new riding pants... well actually the same kind and size as the last pair. They were a good deal!

MaximPhil
01-07-2012, 10:23 PM
We went we met We had a good time. The SOXS ride again.
Met Mack and family at the Arizona. They had already seen the show.
Then Gary C and family arrived. After we had all eaten and caught up Mack headed home and the rest of us went to the show.
There were motorcycles of every shape size and colour you can imagine..
Some sat on many of them first it was a sport bike then it was a cruiser and so it went all night until eventually we had to leave :D
Nobody bought anything as far as i know. i ended up with 12 pounds of paper and a carry bag :eek:
Met Manitoulin Lad in his booth promoting Manitoulin Island as a riding destination. http://ridemanitoulin.ca/ So visit his site as the more hits he gets the better.
Phil

MartyA
01-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Hooter girls were handing out free wings so we (Pam and I) stopped in at Hooters on Carling drive. Don't think we will be stopping there again.
The girls were nice but not the food.

You know you are too OLD when....

:rolleyes: