PDA

View Full Version : XSNorth 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Phoenix Rider
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
OK, here we go. I have decided to take the reigns and organize this years XSNorth Rally.
This year we are in Haliburton, Ontario
Weekend of June 29, 30, July1. Friday, saturday and sunday.
Silver Maple Motel. $85.00 + tax= $96.05
Call 1-705-457-2607. Ray and Gabrielle Gervais.
Mention XS1100 Group when booking.
This is the least expensive motel in the area for this time of year. Use Google Street View to see what this place looks like.

Silver Maple Motel
48 Highland Street
Haliburton, Ontario.
K0M1S0

I have a block of 15 rooms reserved, all drive up. All rooms are double accomodations with 2 beds. There is also 4 cabins available for the weekend. Unfortunately the cabins are not air conditoned. Please refer to the website for more details. We also have access to the fire pit behind the motel.
There is a gas station right beside the motel and there is also a small eatery right at the motel that is open from 7AM to 11PM for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The town of Haliburton is just 3 minutes up the road which has more restaurants and shopping for souvenirs and what ever has been forgotten at home.
Hamjam and I are in the process of setting up routes with a few details to work out such as gas, food, photo ops. When I get these routes finalized I will post them online.

Hope you can attend,
Wayne Reddin

madmax-im
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Good dates Wayne...before the 4th of July holiday...Thinking of making this .....;)

Phoenix Rider
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Good dates Wayne...before the 4th of July holiday...Thinking of making this .....;)

Thanks BNE. That would be great. There is some nice roads up there.

Wayne

MaximPhil
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Wayne ,
I am IN. I have booked a room for all three nights. Motel looks good.
On the lake and in town. Best of both worlds.

Phil

DeanR
01-03-2012, 08:15 AM
At this point it's on the calender Wayne. May have to choose between this and my Honda pals the weekend before, in Port Carling. Or,,,,maybe, I'll spend the whole week in Canada somehow and make it to both!

slow mo
01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
just in case anyone,s interested Head lake is famous for muskie fishing good choice in Halliburton ,,ride safe slow mo!

Phoenix Rider
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
At this point it's on the calender Wayne. May have to choose between this and my Honda pals the weekend before, in Port Carling. Or,,,,maybe, I'll spend the whole week in Canada somehow and make it to both!

Hi Dean,
When it gets closer to the day and you want to stay in Canada, let me know what you decide, maybe we can set something up.

Wayner

Phoenix Rider
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
just in case anyone,s interested Head lake is famous for muskie fishing good choice in Halliburton ,,ride safe slow mo!

The guy who owns the motel said he owns the dock that is there. Maybe we can get our hands on the old Popeil Pocket Fisherman rod:) Can you imagine pulling in a muskie with one of those? Probably bite your arm off:eek:

Wayner

madmax-im
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey Dean...I was thinking along a similar vein...OnSTOC then XSNorth...I've got 8 weeks of summer vac't:p

Phoenix Rider
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey Dean...I was thinking along a similar vein...OnSTOC then XSNorth...I've got 8 weeks of summer vac't:p

There you go guys. Riding buddies to the rally! Yeah!!

Wayner

madmax-im
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
There you go guys. Riding buddies to the rally! Yeah!!

Wayner
depending upon where I am I could possibly hook up with Earl G as well...he has yet to chime in but I'm sure he will...I maybe in NJ visiting friends and relatives prior to the Canadian rallies...

MaximPhil
01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi Dean,
i vote for BOTH :) Lots to do in between.
Phil

MaximPhil
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM

hi BNE,
GOOD on all levels.
I guess you would have to come on the Honda :eek::D:D
Phil

omegaxj
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Wayne. Its great that you took the reins and got things started. I was out to dinner with Bruce and the girls last night and Bruce was talking of a short distant rally this year. Not moi! With the trailer soaking up the long miles from the Atlantic, I'm in for any Ontario rally. I'm trying to convince Bruce to do the same and get a trailer or a p.u.

I'll work on Bruce, Dave (who missed last year's) and the young guy who bought my XS last year to come as well. We should finalize everything at the National Bike show in Moncton in early Feb.

Of course, this year I'll have the Blue Bandit! No pulling up last on rides this year.:D

earl G
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
i am in. booked hotel friday,sat,sunday night.

so were are we going ? did not look at map yet. i will find it.

get to see wayne's canada.

see you all there....a

MaximPhil
01-08-2012, 12:23 PM

see you all there....a

Hi Earl,
Good to see you onboard for another XSNorth. Look to the East side of Haliburton.. Many good roads. Wayne & Jim are working on routes but lots of time and choices.
Phil

Phoenix Rider
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM

see you all there....a

Hi Earl,
Welcome aboard. Remember Minden a couple of rallies ago? Haliburton is about 30 minutes away from there.
What did you think of the motel? Did you get a chance to see it?
Still working on routes. I have 2 pretty good routes roughed in so far.

See you there Earl,
Wayne

Phoenix Rider
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Wayne. Its great that you took the reins and got things started. I was out to dinner with Bruce and the girls last night and Bruce was talking of a short distant rally this year. Not moi! With the trailer soaking up the long miles from the Atlantic, I'm in for any Ontario rally. I'm trying to convince Bruce to do the same and get a trailer or a p.u.

I'll work on Bruce, Dave (who missed last year's) and the young guy who bought my XS last year to come as well. We should finalize everything at the National Bike show in Moncton in early Feb.

Of course, this year I'll have the Blue Bandit! No pulling up last on rides this year.:D

That's great Mark. Looking forward to seeing you in Haliburton. If the other guys can make it that would be great too.

We'll keep working on them for sure,
Wayne

madmax-im
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
hi BNE,
GOOD on all levels.
I guess you would have to come on the Honda :eek::D:D
Phil
Well I will be doing lots of riding LD this summer and now the XJ is back to the naked look its all i can do to try to maintain speed at 70 without the fairing...so yeah it looks like the ST will be pressed into LD duty...which BTW it usually is...;) I will do my best to bring the XJ to XSEast though...;) Oh and the last XSNorth I attended I did trailer the bike up there..riding this time will be a whole different experience.

Phoenix Rider
01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh and the last XSNorth I attended I did trailer the bike up there..riding this time will be a whole different experience.

hmmmm, Sounds like a commitment without confirmation
Wayne

MaximPhil
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi BNE,
Book a room:) We are trying to get all 15 of the rooms booked up as soon as possible.
We can double or even triple up once we have all the rooms booked.

Phil

hamjam
01-08-2012, 06:47 PM
OK Im in room 8

madmax-im
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
hmmmm, Sounds like a commitment without confirmation
Wayne

Hi BNE,
Book a room:) We are trying to get all 15 of the rooms booked up as soon as possible.
We can double or even triple up once we have all the rooms booked.

Phil
Yeah I'm ususally the procrastinator...but i do get around to it...will call and reserve a room tmrw. I still have not formalized my plans for the summer so I better get my azz in gear:eek:

madmax-im
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm in...reservation made...will need roomate to make the $85/nite rate based on double occupancy so that would be $42.50 each per nite.:cool: :D

Phoenix Rider
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm in...reservation made...will need roomate to make the $85/nite rate based on double occupancy so that would be $42.50 each per nite.:cool: :D

Hi BNE,
Thank you for making your reservation. Looking forward to seeing you in July. I don't think you will have trouble getting a room mate.

Wayne

rman
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I just booked a room. Deborah and I will be there. Looking forward to visiting Canada!!

Can't wait to see everyone!!

Ray

Phoenix Rider
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I just booked a room. Deborah and I will be there. Looking forward to visiting Canada!!

Ray

Hi Ray,
Is this your first time visiting Canada? Don't worry. We will make you welcome:-) It's nice to see some fresh faces attend our North rallies.

Hope you have a good time

Wayne

madmax-im
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM

Ray
Hi Ray...good to hear you are coming up. Look forward to seeing you all.:cool:

MartyA
01-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi BNE,
I don't think you will have trouble getting a room mate. Wayne

Yeah, Ben, this is Canada... They let all sorts in...

Har har har sorry couldn't resist.

:D

Checking my schedule...

hamjam
01-14-2012, 12:21 PM
yeah .....even you've been here a few times :D:D:D

madmax-im
01-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Yeah, Ben, this is Canada... They let all sorts in...

Har har har sorry couldn't resist.

Checking my schedule...
Heheheheheh...Thanks for paving the way Marty :p :D ;)

earl G
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi Earl,
Welcome aboard. Remember Minden a couple of rallies ago? Haliburton is about 30 minutes away from there.
What did you think of the motel? Did you get a chance to see it?
Still working on routes. I have 2 pretty good routes roughed in so far.

See you there Earl,
Wayne

minden was a nice place

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/2010xsnorthrally068.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/2010xsnorthrally072.jpg

more pics from minden xs north 2010

http://http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/

earl G
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/

MaximPhil
01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
minden was a nice place

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/2010xsnorthrally068.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/2010xsnorthrally072.jpg

more pics from minden xs north 2010

http://http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/earl-xsg/minden%202010/

Hi Earl,
I resemble that remark:) Two good looking bikes there:D
Phil

madmax-im
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
great pics earl...:D

Phoenix Rider
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
It's January, there's snow on the ground and it's cold as hell outside. What a great time to work out some details for our XSNorth rally.
I have contacted a few tourism sites trying to get some free Ontario road maps. So far I have a government website that is only willing to send me 5 instead of a bulk quantity.
I have some nice rides set up for saturday and sunday. Gas stops are in place. A dry run in the spring will determine the condition of the roads and if they are XSfriendly.
Lunch stops are still to be determined. Food stops still have to be chosen, tested and tasted. Volunteers welcome.
There are going to be lots of great group photo ops. One particular place that looks pretty good is a small park just down the road from the motel. It has a full size steam engine with a coal tender. There is also a prehistoric Canadian CF100 jet fighter mounted on a concrete pedestal. Just a thought.

Great rooms are still available.
Hope to see you there,
Wayne

Phoenix Rider
01-19-2012, 07:44 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/Roads.jpg

Is this road ok for you guys? Too bad there is no place to eat. Oh well...scratch that road:(

Wayne

MaximPhil
01-19-2012, 09:03 PM
It's January, there's snow on the ground and it's cold as hell outside. What a great time to work out some details for our XSNorth rally.

Great rooms are still available.
Hope to see you there,
Wayne

Too subtle Wayne

Those who are coming: BOOK a ROOM NOW

Yes it is over 5 months away. \Yes it is the Canada Day week end.
The Motel will be Full The weather will be wonderful.
Book a Room Be there.

Phil

JeffH
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Too subtle Wayne

Those who are coming: BOOK a ROOM NOW

Yes it is over 5 months away. \Yes it is the Canada Day week end.
The Motel will be Full The weather will be wonderful.
Book a Room Be there.

Phil

I always appreciate a great marketing pitch, albeit pretty direct there ;) Phil. So, your 'Call to Action' worked! I just booked 3 nights, room 14. A nice change of scenery will be good come June. As for CIC and CBSA, I have tried to stay off their radar lately so they should let me into Ft Erie at the Peace Bridge without incident. It has been a long time since I was at Lake Simcoe so trip further up to Haliburton + day rides will be nice. Jeff

Phoenix Rider
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I always appreciate a great marketing pitch, albeit pretty direct there ;) Phil. So, your 'Call to Action' worked! I just booked 3 nights, room 14. It has been a long time since I was at Lake Simcoe so trip further up to Haliburton + day rides will be nice. Jeff

Thanks for joining us Jeff. We won't be anywhere near Lake Simcoe, but I think you'll find it is just as nice.

Wayne

dpotter58
01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm in... :D

MaximPhil
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi Jeff and Duwayne,
Thanks for joining in. Securing a base for the rally is always a challenge. I know I have organised a few. The Motel owner now knows that Wayne is serious when he told him of the HUGE crowd of XSives that will turn up in July. Haliburton is a popular tourist destination. Fortunate for us the majority like to chill by the lake leaving the roads free of traffic for our enjoyment.
Any others ; Now is a good time to book a room. It will be a blast :)
Phil

dpotter58
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm all over it Phil. Circumstances have prevented me from doing the KW rally twice and the North as well. I have all fingers crossed hoping things work out. I want some poutine brother!!!!!!!!!!

MaximPhil
01-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm all over it Phil. Circumstances have prevented me from doing the KW rally twice and the North as well. I have all fingers crossed hoping things work out. I want some poutine brother!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Poutine.... Heart attack in a bowl:eek: Lovely:D
Phil

Phoenix Rider
01-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm in... :D

All right Duwayne!!! Looking forward to hanging out with you Pal.

Wayne

hamjam
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Ah Poutine.... Heart attack in a bowl:eek: Lovely:D
Phil

I'll pass ok already have the shirt:D

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 04:06 AM
You all know that this is shaping up to be a southern contingent of riders going up to Halliburton...we should organize a ride together...why not? Beats riding solo. :cool:

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Need some advice on crossing the border...One possible route I googled takes me up I 81 all the way to Thousand Islands Bridge then west on 401....The other way would route me thru Buffalo either crossing at Peace bridge or further up at Queenston Lewiston Bridge...The route thru Buffalo takes me around Toronto area...and is actually further than the first route I mentioned.
so my question is which crossing is best? I have only been over the Thousand Islands crossing.:confused:

dpotter58
01-21-2012, 08:18 AM
The route that came up for me is north on 81 to Alexandria Bay, west on 401 to Bellevile than north on 62

DeanR
01-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Ben, and others coming from southern lands, cross at the Thousand Islands but take the Cape Vincent/Wolfe Island Ferry to Kingston instead of the bridge. An hour longer for me but way more fun. You get two boat rides! One free and the other cheap. Wolfe Island is full of windmills. I might do both ends of the lake, one for Friday and the other on Monday, if I can find some tolerable route around the west.

Huron52
01-21-2012, 08:41 AM
The route that came up for me is north on 81 to Alexandria Bay, west on 401 to Bellevile than north on 62

I would suggest this route as well. If you don't need to go through Toronto on a bike, I wouldn't!

Now if you really really had to cross near Buffalo... I have heard Lewiston (just up the river) is better.... But then I would find a route that takes you north of Toronto on the west side of it.

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Ben, and others coming from southern lands, cross at the Thousand Islands but take the Cape Vincent/Wolf Island Ferry to Kingston instead of the bridge. An hour longer for me but way more fun. You get two boat rides! One free and the other cheap. Wolf Island is full of windmills.

Yes, the ferry is better for crossing over. The border customs are much more lenient. The Canadian side is nothing more than a booth the size of an outhouse and they seem really inconvenienced to get of their stool to ask you questions. Definitely avoid the city.

Wayne

JeffH
01-21-2012, 09:01 AM
You all know that this is shaping up to be a southern contingent of riders going up to Halliburton...we should organize a ride together...why not? Beats riding solo. :cool:

Agree, beats solo. I will likely travel up to western NY via WV or OH on June 23 or 24. That depends on the weather and what else is going on then. Will be staying about 65 miles southwest of Buffalo for a few days. Then on June 29 I will ride up to Buffalo and cross at the Peace Bridge. Same on the way back south on July 2nd. If you want to mess with riding the beautiful scenery zig-zag from MD-VA area up to BUF then we could meet up there in BUF early AM of Friday Jun 29, cross into Canada and ride north on the QEW to blow out the carbon. Toronto traffic could be a bit messy but we could have plan A,B,C or even possibly hook up with MaxiumPhil for the trip to Haliburton. Jeff

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I might do both ends of the lake, one for Friday and the other on Monday, if I can find some tolerable route around the west.

Hey Dean, If you decide to come to the rally and you want to go west on monday, I am off for that week. I'll be glad to pick a route and ride west with you.
Wayner

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Yes, the ferry is better for crossing over. The border customs are much more lenient. The Canadian side is nothing more than a booth the size of an outhouse and they seem really inconvenienced to get of their stool to ask you questions. Definitely avoid the city.

Wayne
Awesome advice I will most likely be staying with friends in Phillipsburg NJ so heading up from there...I have done I 81 and over Thousand Islands Br. 6 times back in 2009. 2 trips to Jim Jordan's home and the third trip was when I trailered to XSNorth. I am not keen on city traffic at all and Dean... Thanks for the ferry suggestion that sounds like the way to go...;) :cool: :D

DeanR
01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey Dean, If you decide to come to the rally and you want to go west on monday, I am off for that week. I'll be glad to pick a route and ride west with you.
Wayner

Not an 'if' Wayne. Two XS weekends this year!,, although the actual XS will likely stay in the garage. Ohio (XSEast is always a must do) and Ontario. Much fun.

Still not sure about the Port Carling ST thing the week before.

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Not an 'if' Wayne. Two XS weekends this year!,, although the actual XS will likely stay in the garage. Ohio (XSEast is always a must do) and Ontario. Much fun.

Sounds good Dean. Have you booked your room yet?

Wayne

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Still not sure about the Port Carling ST thing the week before.
Yeah I feel exactly the same although I really would like to have the XJ at XSEast...more than likely I'll be taking the ST on both rallies...oh make that 3 rallies if I make the XSive Riders rally at the Iron Horse in Stecoah NC ;) :cool:

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah I feel exactly the same although I really would like to have the XJ at XSEast...more than likely I'll be taking the ST on both rallies...oh make that 3 rallies if I make the XSive Riders rally at the Iron Horse in Stecoah NC ;) :cool:

BNE, It doesn't matter what you ride just as long as you show up safely.

Wayne

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Wayner
I too might be persuaded to tag along....;)

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 09:54 AM
I too might be persuaded to tag along....;)

Sounds good to me. Any excuse for a ride.

DeanR
01-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Sounds good Dean. Have you booked your room yet?

Wayne

Yep.......

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Yep.......

Beautiful. Looking forward to it.

Wayne

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Have yet to hear what Brent and Ralph are doing. ;)

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Have yet to hear what Brent and Ralph are doing. ;)

I did hear from Brent. I sent him a PM birthday wish and asked him if he wanted me to send him some more maple syrup (I got him some real Canadian stuff) He said not to send any by mail. He has a "Diabolical" plan to ride up and get some on his own. Once his supply runs out his family will be packing his bike to get some more. He's too funny! I'm assuming they still have some left;)
I haven't heard from Ralph yet either. Hopefully all is well and he posts something soon.

Phoenix Rider
01-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Wayner

Just checked out a route to the border at the Buffalo side from Haliburton. Seems there is no real alternate route there because you need to travel around the west side of Lake Ontario. The Google route says to head west across 118 to hwy 11 to hwy 400 then everything is directly south from there. I can however find you a route that will take you south of Lake Simcoe toward Newmarket to the hwy 400. All that is doing is adding additional time to your already long drive.
Not saying I wouldn't do it though.

madmax-im
01-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I did hear from Brent. I sent him a PM birthday wish and asked him if he wanted me to send him some more maple syrup (I got him some real Canadian stuff) He said not to send any by mail. He has a "Diabolical" plan to ride up and get some on his own. Once his supply runs out his family will be packing his bike to get some more. He's too funny! I'm assuming they still have some left;)
I haven't heard from Ralph yet either. Hopefully all is well and he posts something soon.
Thats cool how 'bout BigDaddyFunk? Eh Rick? Need a roomie...;)

tinman905
01-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Rumor has it they are not coming this year. Something about a trip to Yellowstone.

Phoenix Rider
01-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Rumor has it they are not coming this year. Something about a trip to Yellowstone.

First piece of bad news. What a shame.

dpotter58
01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
How about Mitch or Gary C?

ELDR
01-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Just booked our room, Ray says 7 have booked.

However that weekend may be busy for me with work, won't know until mid May

Ted

omegaxj
01-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi Wayne. I've been following the XSNorth posts and I want to go. But Bruce is not committed yet and I have not talked to Dave nor the guy who bought my XS last year. We are all going to try and make the National Bike Show in Moncton on Feb 11. It is there where I'll try to get a commitment from all of them. If it is a go, room(s) will be booked in a few days after that.

It would not hurt if you and hamjam sent Bruce some personal emails or phone calls to prod him on. Dave will go,I know, if he gets time off from work.

BTW, Goggle route from here to there takes us through Renfrew. That's perfect because I can leave the trailer there like last year.

Phoenix Rider
01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
It would not hurt if you and hamjam sent Bruce some personal emails or phone calls to prod him on.

Hi Mark,
I called him today. Don't know if my persuasion techniques broke him, but sure gave him something to consider.

Wayner

Phoenix Rider
01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Just booked our room, Ray says 7 have booked.

However that weekend may be busy for me with work, won't know until mid May

Ted

Glad you're coming Ted. Ray said 7? That's strange. My count is 10 so far. I'd better call Ray to make sure that he has the others on the XS list.

Thanks Ted

Phoenix Rider
01-22-2012, 08:15 PM

I sent Gary a text message today, but I haven't heard anything yet. Mitch, I'm not sure.

newc4
01-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I think I'll do this one. After doing 700+ miles days out west I can handle this. However, I will be on the FJR.

Darrell

madmax-im
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I think I'll do this one. After doing 700+ miles days out west I can handle this. However, I will be on the FJR.

Darrell
Alright Darrell...i expect to be on my ST...just more comfort for the old fart...LOL...;)

Phoenix Rider
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM

Darrell

Hey Darrell, Sure come on up and join us. The more the merrier. Have you booked your room yet?

Wayne

MaximPhil
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey Darrell, Sure come on up and join us. The more the merrier. Have you booked your room yet?

Wayne

+1 Welcome Darrell.
Phil

MaximPhil
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys,
Late breaking news. There is to be a Fishing Tournament in Haliburton over the Canada Day week end. This means that Motel rooms will be in short supply. Ray (at the Motel) has a group of fishermen trying to book rooms.
I know we have 8 rooms booked already but we really need people to step up for the other rooms.
Come on up and enjoy XSNorth. BOOK a Room SEE post #1 of this thread for Motel details.

Thanks for your support of Wayne's event.

Phil

madbiker
01-24-2012, 06:44 PM
it is with a heavy heart i have to decline your invite this year.:eek: It seems at this point i'm leading a group of riders westward into Kansas,Colorado Wy., and Montana Plus a few more :D stops

dpotter58
01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
it is with a heavy heart i have to decline your invite this year.:eek: It seems at this point i'm leading a group of riders westward into Kansas,Colorado Wy., and Montana Plus a few more :D stops

How about Rochelle? Can she come with us?:D

madbiker
01-24-2012, 07:07 PM
i think you might have a hard time getting her to skip Yellowstone LOL

dpotter58
01-24-2012, 07:10 PM
i think you might have a hard time getting her to skip Yellowstone LOL

i'm a pretty smooth talker:p

madbiker
01-24-2012, 07:19 PM
you could go with us some others might be ;)

MaximPhil
01-24-2012, 08:16 PM

Hi Ralph,
That sounds like a great trip you have planned.
Hope to ride with you somewhere in 2012.
Phil

newc4
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Reserved room 15. Might bring some of my wife's beer, Raging Bitch. Madmax, when are you planning on heading up?

Phoenix Rider
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Hi Ralph,
That's too bad you are going to miss this one. You will be sadly missed. Is it possible to still get the t-shirts through you? I'll send you a PM and well talk about it.
Wayne

Phoenix Rider
01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
you could go with us some others might be ;)

Got any names?

Phoenix Rider
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Reserved room 15. Might bring some of my wife's beer, Raging Bitch. Madmax, when are you planning on heading up?

Thanks for booking Darryl. As far as the Raging Bitch. I thought bike trips were to get away from the...you know;)
I am going to have some cold beer waiting for all who arrives on friday. I doubt I will have enough for the whole weekend though.

Wayne

madmax-im
01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Not sure yet Darrell...The plan is to already be in NJ up around Phillpisburg staying with friends there...Since its close to where Earl lives I'm thinking to meet and ride with him...at this point its still open to change...At some point along the way we should catch up with each other. I'll PM ya as plans get set...:cool:

MartyA
01-26-2012, 05:11 AM
I made a reservation, I believe we will be able to make it up there. :)

omegaxj
01-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Wayne,
I tried to make a reservation twice today but no luck. I got through to the hotel's automated answering service but when it transfers you to an operator, the phones just rings and nobody answers.:confused:

omegaxj
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Wayne,
I tried to make a reservation twice today but no luck. I got through to the hotel's automated answering service but when it transfers you to an operator, the phones just rings and nobody answers.:confused:

Three tries a charm:rolleyes: After many rings a person finally answered. I got a room, it's #9.

Phoenix Rider
01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I made a reservation, I believe we will be able to make it up there. :)

Great Marty! Look forward to riding with you again. It's been a couple years since we rallied. Last time was Minden.

Wayner

Phoenix Rider
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Three tries a charm:rolleyes: After many rings a person finally answered. I got a room, it's #9.

Yes I thinks it's only the husband and wife team running the show right now. It's off season for them so they maybe busy doing upgrades. Anyways, I'm glad you finally got through. Thanks for booking. Look forward to seeing you in the summer.

Wayne

madbiker
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Wayne i'll help with the shirts as much as i can

Big Daddy Funk
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry guys, my plan (if my leg has recovered) is to do the big run to Yellowstone this year.
Thx BDF

madmax-im
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry guys, my plan (if my leg has recovered) is to do the big run to Yellowstone this year.
Thx BDF
I must have missed something...what happened to your leg? Hope you're alright...geeze...sory will miss you as i am coming North you're intending to go south...LOL:o

madmax-im
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
BNE, It doesn't matter what you ride just as long as you show up safely.

Wayne
And with the most comforts too..like electronic cruise control...a real fairing and bodywork...and hard bags too...:D ;)

madmax-im
01-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Well I dug back a bit and found the posts on your mishap BDF...really sorry abt tha...cant belieeve I missed it too...at least no bikes were involved?

Rockib
01-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey guys I'm going to miss you all very much this year. We all had sooo much fun last year. :) The last ride was the best, the wooden bridge was interesting. Never saw one like that before. Didn't see any moose either. Thanks Rick for the stay, Mark for the jacket, Bruce for the pin and shirt off his back :D and Wayne for the wine. Will see you all next year I promise. :)

hamjam
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
and we miss you

MaximPhil
01-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey guys I'm going to miss you all very much this year. We all had sooo much fun last year. :) The last ride was the best, the wooden bridge was interesting. Never saw one like that before. Didn't see any moose either. Thanks Rick for the stay, Mark for the jacket, Bruce for the pin and shirt off his back :D and Wayne for the wine. Will see you all next year I promise. :)

Hi Rochelle,
We will miss you. Have a good safe trip rto Yellowstone and take lots of pictures. We like picrures:)
Phil

mack
01-28-2012, 07:39 AM
My brother and I are booked in.

Phoenix Rider
01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
My brother and I are booked in.

Great Mack. Thanks for booking. Look forward to seeing you and your brother.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
01-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Hi Rochelle,
We are going to miss you too. Enjoy your ride and ride safely.

Wayne

mack
01-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Have you selected the routes yet. It's been 38 years since I've lived there but i remember several good roads for bikes. Friend of mine put a delta 88 over the tree tops on head lake and I had to swim back to the car and pull the 8 track tape out off the sterio as it sunk. CCR, didn't want to loose the 8 track. (young & stupid)

Phoenix Rider
01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Have you selected the routes yet. It's been 38 years since I've lived there but i remember several good roads for bikes.)

Yes, I have been working out routes. I need to do a dry run in the spring to make sure the roads are XS friendly. I also have to work out lunch stops for sunday. I will try and post them in the spring. If I don't post them, everybody will have their own copy when they arrive.

Wayne

madmax-im
01-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Looks like this is shaping up nicely despite apparent absences of Ralph and Rochelle and Rick too. So looking forward to this one.:cool:

Rockib
01-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Phil we sure will take pics and post. Will miss you too. Maybe see you in Ohio???? :)

Phoenix Rider
01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Looks like this is shaping up nicely despite apparent absences of Ralph and Rochelle and Rick too. So looking forward to this one.:cool:

Thanks Ben,
We are definitely going to miss Ralph, Rochelle and now Rick. I do though want to thank you for your positive input. I've really enjoyed the planning part of it. Hopefully with good planning and some good advice we will have a successful and safe rally. I too am looking forward to it.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
01-29-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/HaliburtonTrain2.jpg http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/HaliburtonTrain.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures of the train in Haliburton. It is just down the road from the motel and I figured it would be a great spot for our group photo. Sorry they are so small. Couldn't find any bigger.

Wayne

madmax-im
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/HaliburtonTrain2.jpg http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/HaliburtonTrain.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures of the train in Haliburton. It is just down the road from the motel and I figured it would be a great spot for our group photo. Sorry they are so small. Couldn't find any bigger.

Wayne
Oh yeah I love steam locomotives...awesome!:cool:

tinman905
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey Wayne ,
I was talking to Ken (NewBee)tonight . He and his wife plan to go. Apparently he didn't get the hint when we left him behind last year:D. I bet he's going to fill up the night before this time LOL!!::eek:

Phoenix Rider
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey Wayne ,
I was talking to Ken (NewBee)tonight . He and his wife plan to go. Apparently he didn't get the hint when we left him behind last year:D. I bet he's going to fill up the night before this time LOL!!::eek:

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing Ken again.

Wayne

Brent
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Wayne

Looks like fun. Wwonder why the parking lot at train at left is painted white??
Very clean looking place.

Brent in the Deep South

MaximPhil
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Looks like fun. Wwonder why the parking lot at train at left is painted white??
Very clean looking place.

Brent in the Deep South

Hi Brent,
That is not paint. It's crushed styrofoam they spread around to simulate snow :D:D for the tourist brochure.
Phil

MaximPhil
02-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Hi Duwayne
Have not heard from Mitch. Gary C says he will be away in June and July so unable to attend this year.
Phil

desert1
02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Wayne, once Mark gets gets around those Locomotives he'll be parkin his bike you won't be able to tear him away from them being the train Guy that he is!;) Looks like another Great XSNorth rally is the making! I just went thru all the postings Wayne to see who's going and who can't make it this year; I had a blast last year in North Bay, MONKEY BUTT ass-ide! Still on the fence this year...:o
Bruce Doucette
78" XS1100 with a special heart!

PS Just starting to watch "The Worlds Fastest Indian".....honest, turned the tube on and there it was....
Gotta go.

Phoenix Rider
02-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I had a blast last year in North Bay, MONKEY BUTT ass-ide! Still on the fence this year...:o
Bruce Doucette

Hey Bruce,
I do see you on the fence. Maybe you should lean a little this way and fall into this years rally. It is in a bit of a hiatus as there is not much happening right now. I went over some routes with Hamjam last week and today I am working on t-shirts.

Wayner

omegaxj
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Wayne, once Mark gets gets around those Locomotives he'll be parkin his bike you won't be able to tear him away from them being the train Guy that he is!;) Looks like another Great XSNorth rally is the making! I just went thru all the postings Wayne to see who's going and who can't make it this year; I had a blast last year in North Bay, MONKEY BUTT ass-ide! Still on the fence this year...:o
Bruce Doucette

PS Just starting to watch "The Worlds Fastest Indian".....honest, turned the tube on and there it was....
Gotta go.

Bruce, you don't got no fence so what are you sitting on? Get your monkey butt ready for the rally. Rooms are booked and awaiten for ya. Soon we goin' to be too old to do this so lets haul a** while we can!:cool:

Brent
03-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Bruce, you don't got no fence so what are you sitting on? Get your monkey butt ready for the rally. Rooms are booked and awaiten for ya. Soon we goin' to be too old to do this so lets haul a** while we can!:cool:

Bruce,
I too do not do everything I would like to do. But we can do Something. I agree with Mark on this. Something to think about see 3 minute video

yeinjee.com/2011/grand-riders-taiwanese-commercial/

Brent in GA

Phoenix Rider
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Bruce,
I too do not do everything I would like to do. But we can do Something. I agree with Mark on this. Something to think about see 3 minute video

yeinjee.com/2011/grand-riders-taiwanese-commercial/

Brent in GA

Great little commercial Brent. Maybe that commercial will be an inspiration to those who haven't quite decided if they want to attend this year's XSNorth.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
03-17-2012, 04:06 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtfront.jpg Front http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtBack.jpg Back

They're Here!
This years XSNorth t-shirt is printed white on a black t-shirt.
No other colour is available

Short Sleeve is $15.00
Long Sleeve is $17.00

Deadline for orders is May 15th, 2012. They must be in by then to be ready for the rally date.

T-shirts will be available at the Rally.

Place orders on the XSNorth 2012 T-shirt Thread on the Northeast Rally Page.

Thanks,
Wayne

desert1
03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
How"ve ya'll been you ole firefighter you! So your comin North agin eh! Good for you! Cant say I'll be there on this one, but you ole XSers are always on my mind.
Bruce
78XS1100

Brent
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
How"ve ya'll been you ole firefighter you! So your comin North agin eh! Good for you! Cant say I'll be there on this one, but you ole XSers are always on my mind.
Bruce
78XS1100

Yes, I am planning to go. I reserved a room today. There was still one more room left.

Phoenix Rider
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, I am planning to go. I reserved a room today. There was still one more room left.

Hi Brent,
That's great news you are coming to the rally. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. By the way, I know you will be able to replenish your maple syrup stock there.

Wayner

omegaxj
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I just got some bad news. On Monday I had a cath. dye test done on my heart and they told me the veins are clogging up again and its time for them to go. No more stents, it will be a triple by-pass this time. Its going to happen some time in April. That means I will not be able to go to XSNorth. DAMN! So, I will be cancelling my room shortly and that means it will be avilable to somebody else. If I don't go, I guess Bruce and David will not go either. They were both on the fence and now, I knocked them off as we always go as a group.

Next year I hope.

dpotter58
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Damn it!
:( Get it done and get better soon. Modern medicine is wonderful!!!

MaximPhil
04-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi Mark,
Good luck with the surgery. Get fit soon and see you next year.
Phil

MartyA
04-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Good luck, Mark. I had 4 bypasses, including a 99% block, last summer. In on Monday, out on Thursday. Took 3 months in the gym but by then it felt like it never happened.

I did have to winterize the bike in June last year, should be on it next weekend for the first time.

Huron52
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Good luck, Mark. I had 4 bypasses, including a 99% block, last summer. In on Monday, out on Thursday. Took 3 months in the gym but by then it felt like it never happened.

I did have to winterize the bike in June last year, should be on it next weekend for the first time.

Ouch... I didn't realize that...

MaximPhil
04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Ouch... I didn't realize that...

Hi Tom,
Try and keep up at the back:D:D
Phil

Phoenix Rider
04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I just got some bad news. On Monday I had a cath. dye test done on my heart and they told me the veins are clogging up again and its time for them to go. No more stents, it will be a triple by-pass this time. Its going to happen some time in April. That means I will not be able to go to XSNorth. DAMN! So, I will be cancelling my room shortly and that means it will be avilable to somebody else. If I don't go, I guess Bruce and David will not go either. They were both on the fence and now, I knocked them off as we always go as a group.

Next year I hope.

Wow Mark! that is bad news, health wise, but it IS good news that they found it now and not later. Yes, you will be missed this year, but your health is more important. I wish you the best and my prayers are with you.

Wayne

madmax-im
04-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Wasnt in the loop on this one...holy crap... So glad you're completely healthy...amazing how something like one's health or ill health can put things in their proper perspective(s). Glad you're getting back on the FJR it wont take long to regain that "vestibular memory"...Lookin forward to seein ya at Ohio STOC...errrr XSEast...doh!

madmax-im
04-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Next year I hope.
Mark... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this rough period.I am saddened to hear of your maladies, but am hopeful you'll gain a most favorable prognosis after the surgery. Medical technology is amazing and has come a long way since my Dad has his triple bypass way back in the mid 70's. There will be other XS events that we will see you at I am sure. Take care...

cmohler
04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
i'm in for north.

MaximPhil
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
i'm in for north.

Hi Bud, I wondered when you would decide to join in the fun.:)
Do you know if Fran is also coming?
Phil

Phoenix Rider
04-13-2012, 07:59 PM
i'm in for north.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you again Bud.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Does anybody know if there is an XSNorth banner?

Wayne

icecycle
04-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Well I was planning to wander over that way. Thought maybe I should grab the last room before a fishing person latches on to it. Ya me!

Phoenix Rider
04-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Well I was planning to wander over that way. Thought maybe I should grab the last room before a fishing person latches on to it. Ya me!

Welcome Bruce,
Glad you are coming out to join us.

Wayne

MaximPhil
04-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Does anybody know if there is an XSNorth banner?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
DO you mean this one?
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/MaximPhil_photos/XS%20North/disc119oct2011576.jpg

That was made by BDF (Rick) so better ask him to bring it:)

Phil

Phoenix Rider
04-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi Wayne,
DO you mean this one?
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/MaximPhil_photos/XS%20North/disc119oct2011576.jpg

That was made by BDF (Rick) so better ask him to bring it:)

Phil

Yes Phil,
That's what I was talking about. Good man! I'll contact BDF.

Thanks Phil,
Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey fellow XSers,
I just want to put a reminder out that we have a month to get your shirt orders in. Go to the Northeast Rally Page. In ''XSNorth 2012 T-Shirts" to order

Thanks,
Wayne
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtfront.jpg Front http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtBack.jpg Back

They're Here!
This years XSNorth t-shirt is printed white on a black t-shirt.
No other colour is available

Short Sleeve is $15.00
Long Sleeve is $17.00

Deadline for orders is May 15th, 2012. They must be in by then to be ready for the rally date.

T-shirts will be available at the Rally.

Place orders on the XSNorth 2012 T-shirt Thread on the Northeast Rally Page.

Thanks,
Wayne

madmax-im
04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Folks..looks like I will have to back out of this event...price of fuel and the distance involved is more than I can afford at this time. Will leave the reservation up for a little while longer just in case...otherwise there will be a vacancy...sorry Wayne... et al...:(

MaximPhil
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Folks..looks like I will have to back out of this event...price of fuel and the distance involved is more than I can afford at this time. Will leave the reservation up for a little while longer just in case...otherwise there will be a vacancy...sorry Wayne... et al...:(

Hi BNE Lottery tickets I am putting all my money (both dollars) into lottery tickets:D Hold on a bit as gas may come down again.
Phil

madmax-im
04-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Hi BNE Lottery tickets I am putting all my money (both dollars) into lottery tickets:D Hold on a bit as gas may come down again.
Phil
Phil my plans were based upon my brother finding employment and additional income from him...has not materialized as of yet...plus I need to prep for XSEast and then save my money for an Iron Butt SS1000 that i want to do next yr...but i have to save the $ to prep the bike and have the right equipment to ride 1000 miles in 24 hrs or less...:eek: I might even have to part with old Max...:eek: OFC if you win the lottery that would help...whom I'm not sure...LOL

Huron52
04-18-2012, 07:21 AM
save my money for an Iron Butt SS1000 that i want to do next yr...but i have to save the $ to prep the bike and have the right equipment to ride 1000 miles in 24 hrs or less

As for preparing a bike to ride 1000 miles in 24 hrs, I would say if was mechanical fit it shoud easily run for 1000miles. If you are using the ST , that's what they are built for!

The only thing extra I had on my FJR was a GPS, when I did my first iron butt.

But I do understand the other reasons that you have decided not to head up into Ontario.

Sorry for the high-jack!

madmax-im
04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
As for preparing a bike to ride 1000 miles in 24 hrs, I would say if was mechanical fit it shoud easily run for 1000miles. If you are using the ST , that's what they are built for!

The only thing extra I had on my FJR was a GPS, when I did my first iron butt.

But I do understand the other reasons that you have decided not to head up into Ontario.

Sorry for the high-jack!
A further hijack...Tom this past week I rode to Moonshine IL Pop 2...a million friends for the Moonshine Lunch Run...my experiences doing that have taught me some lessons. My bike as capable as it is ..is not comfortable after 400 miles...needs a real seat like a RDL. GPS I need ...also need a set of helibars and some brake work as well..so I'm looking at $1500 USD to get all these things...well maybe I could save a little on the GPS and get a re-cond. one...sorry folks...My reservation is still up at the motel but if anyone wants it PM me.;)

Phoenix Rider
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
A further hijack...Tom this past week I rode to Moonshine IL Pop 2...a million friends for the Moonshine Lunch Run...my experiences doing that have taught me some lessons. My bike as capable as it is ..is not comfortable after 400 miles...needs a real seat like a RDL. GPS I need ...also need a set of helibars and some brake work as well..so I'm looking at $1500 USD to get all these things...well maybe I could save a little on the GPS and get a re-cond. one...sorry folks...My reservation is still up at the motel but if anyone wants it PM me.;)

Hey BNE,
Don't sweat it that you can't make it. I understand, as I'm sure everyone does, that funds just don't go as far as they used to. Just take care of what you have to do and hopefully we can get together next year.

We're gonna' miss you Pal,
Wayne

madmax-im
04-18-2012, 10:55 PM
As always Wayne.. I appreciate your sentiments...If there is anyway i can get there i will try but short of a miracle well.....:rolleyes:

omegaxj
04-19-2012, 02:35 PM
The heart operation has not happened yet as it was supposed to have been. We have a pending health care workers strike and it is messing up the scheduling of operations. If I am not scheduled by tomorrow, it will not be until sometime in May. Summer will be messed up then.

In the meantime, I have cancelled my room at the motel and I let Ralph know by email that it is available as he had "Dibs" on it.

I am going to try and ride as much as I can until my operation so that the season will not be entirely lost.

Cheers,

omegaxj
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Oh, THANK YOU to everyone for the well wishes and encouragements!:D

Phoenix Rider
04-19-2012, 07:09 PM
The heart operation has not happened yet as it was supposed to have been. We have a pending health care workers strike and it is messing up the scheduling of operations. If I am not scheduled by tomorrow, it will not be until sometime in May. Summer will be messed up then.

In the meantime, I have cancelled my room at the motel and I let Ralph know by email that it is available as he had "Dibs" on it.

I am going to try and ride as much as I can until my operation so that the season will not be entirely lost.

Cheers,

Hi Mark,
First and foremost is your health. Having to get an operation on an organ as important as your heart can create some very anxious moments, but having a pending health care strike that can leave your health hanging in the balance is completely unwanted. Once your procedure is taken care of you will feel like a new man and that is the most important thing.

Get better soon, Mark. I will keep in touch,
Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Ralph?? Has Dibs??

Wayne

Rockib
04-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes Wayne Ralph and I are coming to Canada...Yeaaaa!!! We booked a room last night. :p

Sorry to hear Mark and Bruce can not make it. Will sure miss them both and wish Mark the best. Will see them both next year. :)

Rochelle

Phoenix Rider
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes Wayne Ralph and I are coming to Canada...Yeaaaa!!! We booked a room last night. :p

Sorry to hear Mark and Bruce can not make it. Will sure miss them both and wish Mark the best. Will see them both next year. :)

Rochelle

Yeaaaa! Right back at ya'. Glad both of you are going to make it after all. See you in June, but will be in touch before then.

Wayner

Big Daddy Funk
04-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your illness Mark. Hope to see you next year.
Just spoke to Ralph and grabbed his extra bed. I'll probably be on four wheels but we will have to see how things go with the ankle. My drinking arm however, has never been better.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
BDF

Phoenix Rider
04-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear of your illness Mark. Hope to see you next year.
Just spoke to Ralph and grabbed his extra bed. I'll probably be on four wheels but we will have to see how things go with the ankle. My drinking arm however, has never been better.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
BDF

Glad to hear from you Rick. Looking forward to seeing you, 4 wheels and all. Hope your ankle is getting better.
Rumour has it that you have the XSNorth banner. Think you can bring it along? That would be great!

Thanks,
Wayner

Big Daddy Funk
04-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Absolutely.
BDF

madmax-im
04-22-2012, 08:25 PM
damn...thought youse all wasnt coming...now i am not sure I'll be there...funny how plans change..well i will be at XSEast for damn sure...Sorry I'm gonna miss ya BDF:(

DeanR
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Are route maps available yet Wayne?

Phoenix Rider
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Are route maps available yet Wayne?

Well Dean,

They are definitely looking good on paper. Just need to go out and physically drive them and check out the places to eat, make sure gas stops are still in place and check road conditions. To see if they are XS friendly and how much time they take. They will have to be travelled again when we get closer to the rally. I will try and post them before the rally date. If I don't get them posted I am providing free Ontario road maps and the routes will be outlined in detail when everyone arrives at the rally. Seems the routes take the most time because we had to wait for the weather to get better to check them out.
Hey Dean, did you check out the shirt thread?

Wayner

Phoenix Rider
04-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Front http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtfront.jpg Back http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/XSNorthT-shirtBack.jpg

Short Sleeve- $15.00
Long Sleeve- $17.00

Hello XSers,
The T-shirt printer has stepped up the deadline order by a week.
The new Deadline date is May 10th 2012.
There is still a few of you who haven't ordered shirts. If you still want shirts please get your order in as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Wayne

slow mo
04-30-2012, 02:51 AM
can you post a list of all confirmed riders to xs north?? just wanted to be sure i,m on it thank you and ride safe ,,slow mo!

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
can you post a list of all confirmed riders to xs north?? just wanted to be sure i,m on it thank you and ride safe ,,slow mo!

Yes, I can do that for you as soon as I get home. My list is there and I'm at work.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Here is a line up of who's coming to XSNorth 2012...So far.

1) Wayne -Phoenix Rider
2) Phil -Maxim Phil
3) Dean R
4) Earl G.
5) Jim H. -hamjam
6) Ray & Deborah- rman & rmissus
7) Jeff H.
8) D. Potter -dpotter58
9) Ted & Heather -ELDR
10) Darryl -Newc4
11) Marty & Sally A.
12) Mack & Brother
13) Ken & Wife -newbee
14) Brent
15) Bud -cmohler
16) Bruce -icecycle
17) Ralph & Rochelle
18) Rick -BDF

There are a couple people pending without conformation.
Please keep me up to date on any changes.

Thanks,
Wayne

slow mo
04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
looks like i am not on the list but i am coming i,m in room 19 according to ben!! please check this out thank you and ride safe ,,slow ,,mo

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2012, 06:45 PM
looks like i am not on the list but i am coming i,m in room 19 according to ben!! please check this out thank you and ride safe ,,slow ,,mo

Geez Slo Mo,
I am sorry. Yes, you are on my list. I accidentally passed your name on my list when I was putting it up on the computer. Please accept my apology.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2012, 06:58 PM

1) Wayne -Phoenix Rider
2) Phil -Maxim Phil
3) Dean R
4) Earl G.
5) Jim H. -hamjam
7) Jeff H.
8) D. Potter -dpotter58
9) Ted & Heather -ELDR
10) Darryl -Newc4
11) Marty & Sally A.
12) Mack & Brother
13) Ken & Wife -newbee
14) Brent
15) Bud -cmohler
16) Bruce -icecycle
17) Ralph & Rochelle
18) Rick -BDF
19) Slo Mo*

* Got you now Pal!

There are a couple people pending without conformation.
Please keep me up to date on any changes.

Thanks,
Wayne

tinman905
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I will be there too just not sure if the PITA is coming yet :D

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Thanks for jumping into the "fray" Pal. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Wayne

slow mo
04-30-2012, 08:20 PM
ben may not come! i hope he does! if not you mcan share my room james ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!

MaximPhil
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Time to start doubling up and welcoming in the latecomers to the party.:D
Many of you obliged when we needed to book rooms well in advance for which we thank you.
DeanR is going to be bunking in with me which will free up a reserved room.
Anyone looking for a roommate post away.
Phil

madmax-im
04-30-2012, 08:32 PM
As I've posted earlier economics are dictating wether or not i will make this...Right now it doesnt look good...however i still have the room reserved and if nothing else Mo has 1st dibs on it. I should know for certain in the next 2 weeks...stil plenty of time here...;)

slow mo
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
looking forward to the ride! if all works out maybe i can squeeze BDF into the sidecar,,,ride safe ,,slow mo!

MaximPhil
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
looking forward to the ride! if all works out maybe i can squeeze BDF into the sidecar,,,ride safe ,,slow mo!

Hi Mo Have you picked up the sidecar yet? and have you been for a ride?
Phil

slow mo
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi Mo Have you picked up the sidecar yet? and have you been for a ride?
Phil

hi Phil! i will p/u the sidecar in a few weeks !as i cant walk it will take till then to get better ,,i,m looking forward to the sidecar and xs north see you there ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!

Phoenix Rider
05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys,
I've got some information regarding Mark tonight. He had his bypass surgery on May 3rd. He has gotten through the operation OK, but he is having some complications to deal with.
Mark has been battling diabetes for a lot of years. When a blood sugar is 10 that is high. Mark's is up to 21. With that it is causing distress on his internal organs. He has been drinking a lot of water hoping to bring down the sugar count through urination. They have him sitting up a lot because he is getting fluid in his lungs. They are trying to prevent him from getting puemonia. Understandably he is still very weak and recovery is slow. He is still in intensive care and will be a few more days.
Mark is like our XS's. He might be down, but he won't be down for long. I will give more updates when I get some more information.

Wayne

slow mo
05-06-2012, 10:43 PM
and thanks phoenix for the update! diabetes is a terrible disease it works on you 24//7! i urge all xs11.calm members to get tested,,its an easy test takes 10 seconds . most of its victims don't know they have it!!! it is now almost 4 in 10 people wake up ,,this is an epidemic that the FDA and the food company's have a big hand in!! it cost almost 600 per month for a diabetic on insulin just to stay alive ..they have no motive to find a cure so to mark god bless and only my best thoughts for you to get better because with diabetes better is all you can hope for ! i know i suffer from it every day just my thoughts only slow ,,mo please ride safe and send some words of encouragement on to mark please ride safe ,,slow mo!

dpotter58
05-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Many of you obliged when we needed to book rooms well in advance for which we thank you.
DeanR is going to be bunking in with me which will free up a reserved room.
Phil

I thought Dean was rooming with me. Are there two Deans? I could be mistaken...

esw1104
05-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Is there any rooms at the Motel left?
Is there any place near I could get a room?
I finally got bike running :):)
Just fixing clutch and away I go. Been too busy fixing to book a room.

If all else fails it's only about 2 hours north of my place I could drive up and ride.

esw1104
05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Got Engine in bike
Got Clutch working correctly again
Got insurance
Got room for Rally
Now all I need in licence sticker.

xs north here I come !!

For any who rememebr my wife and I, I regret my wife will not be comming this year something about a family reunion in PEI.
but i am allowed to go to XSnorth :)

Phoenix Rider
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Got Engine in bike
Got Clutch working correctly again
Got insurance
Got room for Rally
Now all I need in licence sticker.

xs north here I come !!

For any who rememebr my wife and I, I regret my wife will not be comming this year something about a family reunion in PEI.
but i am allowed to go to XSnorth :)

Adam
Glad you got it all back together for XSNorth. See you there.
Wayne

mack
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
How you doing picking the routes? I may be able to scope out one of them for you and check for gas and eats availability. Save you doing them all.
Grant

Phoenix Rider
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
How you doing picking the routes? I may be able to scope out one of them for you and check for gas and eats availability. Save you doing them all.
Grant

Thanks for the offer Grant, but we've already started on the routes and they are almost done. There's not much left for you to do.

Thanks,
Wayne

mack
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
to lay out a route, only ride it for you checking on ashault status and gas stations along a route you laid out.

Phoenix Rider
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
to lay out a route, only ride it for you checking on ashault status and gas stations along a route you laid out.

No no, I understood it that way Grant. Jim and I have already driven the saturday route. We are planning to drive on the sunday route either this weekend or the next. I appreciate the offer but if I have to make changes then I need to make the changes so I can lead us without getting lost or off course. It's all about familiarity.
Thanks anyways,
Wayne

Huron52
05-18-2012, 05:06 AM
LOL I think what Wayne is saying you will get to see them when everybody else does... (jk):D

Phoenix Rider
05-18-2012, 05:27 AM
LOL I think what Wayne is saying youwill get to see them when everybody else does... (jk):D

No, that's not what I am saying at all. Jim and I have the route on paper. We have to go and do the route to make sure we know where we are going on the day of the rally. As soon as we have everything finalized, we will post the routes, lunch stops and gas, we will post them, no problem. They are not a secret. We just want to make sure they are right before we post them.

Wayne

madbiker
05-18-2012, 05:31 AM
i'm thinking this is not Wayne's first rodeo he has it under control

Huron52
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
i'm thinking this is not Wayne's first rodeo he has it under control

I was thinking that myself, Ralph....

I guess he missed my LOL and (jk) and :D I guess that's my bad :(

Phoenix Rider
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Here is yet another updated list for XSNorth 2012. Since the last time I posted the list we had a few more join us.

As of May 22nd, 2012:

1) Wayne -Phoenix Rider
2) Phil -Maxim Phil
3) Dean R
4) Earl G.
5) Jim H. -hamjam
7) Jeff H.
8) D. Potter -dpotter58
9) Ted & Heather -ELDR
10) Darryl -Newc4
11) Marty & Sally A.
12) Mack & Brother
13) Ken & Wife -newbee
14) Brent
15) Bud -cmohler
16) Bruce -icecycle
17) Ralph & Rochelle
18) Rick -BDF
19) Slo Mo
20) James -Tinman905
21) Adam - esw1104
22) John R. (friend of hamjam's)

tinman905
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
You can add Susan "PITA" to the list :DHere is yet another updated list for XSNorth 2012. Since the last time I posted the list we had a few more join us.

As of May 22nd, 2012:

1) Wayne -Phoenix Rider
2) Phil -Maxim Phil
3) Dean R
4) Earl G.
5) Jim H. -hamjam
7) Jeff H.
8) D. Potter -dpotter58
9) Ted & Heather -ELDR
10) Darryl -Newc4
11) Marty & Sally A.
12) Mack & Brother
13) Ken & Wife -newbee
14) Brent
15) Bud -cmohler
16) Bruce -icecycle
17) Ralph & Rochelle
18) Rick -BDF
19) Slo Mo
20) James -Tinman905
21) Adam - esw1104
22) John R. (friend of hamjam's)

slow mo
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
i also have a buddy john wicketts coming to xs north hes riding HD but knows his place?? ride safe ,,slow mo!

newc4
05-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Steve Pratel will be riding and rooming with me. We'll be on our FJRs for this one. Anticipate arrival Fri evening.

desert1
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Well by tomorrow Mark will be home from the hospital for a 2nd time. As a result of infections caused by the metal staples that were stitching his leg incisions together which resulted in massive swelling he had to go back in for more treatment, antibiotics and a pump attached to his leg....hes been back in near a week and is coming home tomorrow. Dave Steeves and I have been visiting quite a bit cause we want our riding buddy back on two wheels as quick as possible.....Mark will probably be updating you all tomorrow in person.

To all you riders of the Great White North rally, roll that power on and have a Great one!!!!!
Bruce

Phoenix Rider
05-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Good news,
Saturday and Sundays routes are finally in place. The roads seem to be in pretty good shape. Jim is working on getting them set-up and ready for a GPS file. Which will be posted here in the very near future.

Lunch is set up for saturday at http://www.crabbyjoes.com/locations-bracebridge.php .
Sunday is set at http://www.madmusher.com in Whitney.

Dinner is at the Haliburton Family Restaurant. They don't have a website for a menu, but here is a link from Haliburton County;
http://www.haliburtoncounty.ca/main.asp?function=search&subfunction=search&dirlevel=alpha&company=H&entry=Haliburton+Family+Restaurant

There is a small restaurant attached to the motel. It is open from 7:00am to 9:00pm. It will be convenient for eats on friday as everyone arrives at different times. It also serves a full breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unfortunately it is not big enough to seat all of us for dinner. Unless a dozen people or so wishes to eat outside on the patio.

Ok, that seems to be it. Everything seems to be set and in place. All that is missing is the routes posted and that should be up hopefully within the week.
All you need to do now is come out and enjoy yourselves.

Oh yes, one more thing. Moose! We saw this baby on the side of the road yesterday...and this is a small one.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/Moose.jpg

Wayne

slow mo
05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
good job Phoenix !! cant wait to see the routes ! thank you and ride safe slow mo!

Phoenix Rider
05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
good job Phoenix !! cant wait to see the routes ! thank you and ride safe slow mo!

Thanks Mo,
Jim is working on converting them to a GPS File. They should be up soon.

Wayne

newc4
05-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I'll be coming up from WashDC. Mileage wise its about the same distance whether I go via Buffalo or 1000 Islands. Which way would you folks recommend?

DeanR
05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I'll be coming up from WashDC. Mileage wise its about the same distance whether I go via Buffalo or 1000 Islands. Which way would you folks recommend?

Wolf Island Ferry Darrell. No contest.

hamjam
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Wolf Island Ferry Darrell. No contest.

yes very pleasant and less hassle

Phoenix Rider
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
yes very pleasant and less hassle

If you take the ferry, you also avoid the line ups at the border in Buffalo. Plus you don't want to be anywhere near Toronto on a long weekend.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
06-02-2012, 07:46 PM
As Jim works on the the routes for the GPS, I managed to throw this basic route together with google.

Saturday Route:

Assuming we all leave with a full tank of gas,
1st gas stop is Coboconk on Hwy. 35- 123kms.
Lunch and second gas stop is Bracebridge @ Crabby Joe's- 122kms
then back to motel 105kms.

Sunday Route:

Assuming we all leave with a full tank of gas:-)
1st stop is short. 84.9 kms. Address is 3988 Ontario 60, Lake of Bays, Ontario There is a general store there. It is basically a rest stop to stretch and gas up is optional. Our original 1st gas stop is 159kms. and that might be too far on bad backs and bladders.

2nd stop is in Algonquin Park at the rest stop at the Lake of 2 rivers. It is 48 kms or so from the first gas stop, but it's a nice spot. No gas, just a photo op or take in the beauty of the park. Parking lot is big and paved. Washrooms are available, I think.

3rd is lunch and gas stop in Whitney at the Mad Musher. 159kms. from Haliburton or 74.5 kms. from the first rest stop.

4th stop is Maynooth for gas 101kms.
then back to motel 72.2 kms.

For our American friends. You can convert kilometers to miles. When opening up the google link, in the cloumn on the left where it says "Get Directions" click on the "show optoins" and click Miles.

There still maybe some alterations made to these routes depending on how the roads are when we do the final run before the rally. Hopefully there won't be any unforseen construction.

Enjoy,
Wayne

DeanR
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Looks great Wayne. Looking forward to coming north!

Phoenix Rider
06-02-2012, 08:21 PM
As Jim works on the the routes for the GPS, I managed to throw this basic route together with google.

Saturday Route:

Sunday Route:

1st stop is short. 84.9 kms. Address is 3988 Ontario 60, Lake of Bays, Ontario There is a general store there. It is basically a rest stop to stretch and gas up is optional. Our original 1st gas stop is 159kms. and that might be too far on bad backs and bladders.

2nd stop is in Algonquin Park at the rest stop at the Lake of 2 rivers. It is 48 kms or so from the first gas stop, but it's a nice spot. No gas, just a photo op or take in the beauty of the park. Parking lot is big and paved. Washrooms are available, I think.

3rd is lunch and gas stop in Whitney at the Mad Musher. 159kms. from Haliburton or 74.5 kms. from the first rest stop.

For our American friends. You can convert kilometers to miles. When opening up the google link, in the cloumn on the left where it says "Get Directions" click on the "show optoins" and click Miles.

There still maybe some alterations made to these routes depending on how the roads are when we do the final run before the rally. Hopefully there won't be any unforseen construction.

Enjoy,
Wayne

Holy Mackeral!
I spent tons of time on the google maps routing it out for you guys, but when I clicked on the link to check it out it came up to my computer page with all my personals showing. Instead I will list the routes by street names and you guys can do what's needed.

Saturday Route:
Departure :9:00am
118 E to 503 (Tory Hill)
503 to 507 (Gooderham)
507 to 36
36 to 8 (Bobcaygeon)
8 to Northline road
Northline Road to 35 (Coboconk) Gas stop 123kms.

35 N to 45 W
45 to 169 N
169 to Cooper Falls road
Cooper Falls Road to Regoinal rd #6
6 to Doe Lake Rd
Doe Lake to Gravenhurst Pkwy to Airport road
Airport to 118 W
118 W to Crabby Joe's restaurant (Lunch and Gas) 122kms.

Taylor Rd to Cedar Lane
Cedar Lane to 117
117 to 35 S
35 to 21
21 to Motel 119 kms. Total 373 kms.

Distances are approxamate

Let me know if this ok for you guys. If so I'll post the sunday route the same way.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
06-02-2012, 09:05 PM

Saturday Route:

Sunday Route:

Enjoy,
Wayne

Here we go I reposted the links. I don't know, I must be tired. Sorry for all the confusion.
Wayne

Saturday: http://goo.gl/maps/KUCz

Sunday: http://goo.gl/maps/eb74

Phoenix Rider
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Saturday Route:

Sunday Route:

Enjoy,
Wayne

This is another in the long line of screwed up posts. I had noticed that I had reversed the routes. Just so there is less confusion than what already exists, I am reposting them in there proper place.

Saturday Route: http://goo.gl/maps/eb74

Sunday Route: http://goo.gl/maps/KUCz

Wayner

Brent
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Phil

That is me. I Have an extra bed in room I have reserved. Looking to share room & split cost.

I am OUT of Canadian maple syrup. Cheap store brand served on delicious home made pancakes was not up to the standards my family is accustomed to. They will be SENDING me after more Canadian maple syrup.. I am pretty sure I will be making this trip...out of syrup, IN on rally :)

CU felllow SOXS in Ontario

Phoenix Rider
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
That is me. I Have an extra bed in room I have reserved. Looking to share room & split cost.

I am OUT of Canadian maple syrup. Cheap store brand served on delicious home made pancakes was not up to the standards my family is accustomed to. They will be SENDING me after more Canadian maple syrup.. I am pretty sure I will be making this trip...out of syrup, IN on rally :)

CU felllow SOXS in Ontario

No worries Brent,
There will be plenty where we're going.
Wayner

DeanR
06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Need some Canadian advice on the most interesting route from Wolf Island/Kingston to Haliburton please. I could zig and zag my way there, but some local pointers would be appreciated.

Phoenix Rider
06-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Need some Canadian advice on the most interesting route from Wolf Island/Kingston to Haliburton please. I could zig and zag my way there, but some local pointers would be appreciated.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&client=ms-android-samsung&ie=UTF-8&gl=ca&saddr=Kingston,+ontario&daddr=haliburton+ontario&dirflg=d&geocode=KamOQHQGq9JMMerZ1hV3SaV2%3BKXUCVANbqdVMMaG qYDTbNAID&ei=oZPQT42cBYPf0QHlx4z0DQ&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CCQQ9w8wAA

Got this from Google. This is the shortest route according to them.
Sorry about the long URL.

Wayne

DeanR
06-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Already had that Wayne, but thanks. Looking for some local knowledge/tips.

hamjam
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
2 routes first one ,leave the ferry turn L to princess st then L onto hwy 33 w (bath rd) to regional rd 21 ,sign Hay bay napanee R turn 21 turns into 8 stay on it till Napanee ( gas & food) 8 turns into 41 at the bridge head up N on 41 to Denbigh (food fuel) turn L on 28 stay on it through Bancroft (food fuel) to hwy 118 R stay on it till you reach Haliburton these are nice roads but may be busy when you get to Haliburton L ont 21 the motel is on the L side at the Shell station not far
alternate route stay on 33 to the ferry cross and head to Picton turn L stay on 33 to 62 t R stay on 62 through Belleville or maybe not this route Bellville will be very busy stay on 62 to Bancroft Turn L onto 28 to 118
first route pretty and not so busy second pretty and will be buy through Belleville .
Jim

dpotter58
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Already had that Wayne, but thanks. Looking for some local knowledge/tips.

looks like a lot of country with few roads Dean.

DeanR
06-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Yep, I came up with pretty much what hamjam talked about. Should work out fine. Was in Napanee/Hay Bay last year. Just gotta keep going a few more miles..

MaximPhil
06-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Yep, I came up with pretty much what hamjam talked about. Should work out fine. Was in Napanee/Hay Bay last year. Just gotta keep going a few more miles..

Hi Dean,
I would go with HamJam's first route.
I am stuck with fighting my way out of Toronto with the "great Unwashed"
in cages:(. I will definitely need a beer by the time I get to Haliburton:D
Phil

MaximPhil
06-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi Duwayne, Good point. Also to everyone.Watch your fuel as some stretches
can be many miles between gas stations.
Phil

Phoenix Rider
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
:(. I will definitely need a beer by the time I get to Haliburton:D
Phil

Not to worry Phil. I will have some on ice for you.
Wayne

dpotter58
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Dean,
I would go with HamJam's first route.
I am stuck with fighting my way out of Toronto with the "great Unwashed"
in cages:(. I will definitely need a beer by the time I get to Haliburton:D
Phil

I won't have beer Phil but these should be cold
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z144/dpotter58/2012-06-07_21-06-34_468.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z144/dpotter58/2012-06-07_21-06-52_101.jpg:D

DeanR
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
It seems there is a nifty brewery along our route:

http://lakeofbaysbrewing.ca/

Just sayin' . Maybe they'd give us a fine tour?

and DuWayne, those look interesting.

mack
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
you'd be passing through but my brother and I will be heading to haliburton friday morning by way of county roads through Cambellford, Havelock, Lasswade, Apsley, Paudash, Tory Hill to Haliburton. You can follow along if you like. I have a place for you to stay if you come up thursday.

DeanR
06-08-2012, 03:36 PM
you'd be passing through but my brother and I will be heading to haliburton friday morning by way of county roads through Cambellford, Havelock, Lasswade, Apsley, Paudash, Tory Hill to Haliburton. You can follow along if you like. I have a place for you to stay if you come up thursday.

Looks roughly like routes 30, 46, 504, 28 and 118.
Sound about right Mack?

mack
06-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, those are the numbers Dean, From Kingston west on #401 to exit 509 (hwy 30) is roughly 1.5 hours at legal speed. The exit to my house is 525 and I'm 9 miles north of there. If you need maintenance or a rest just call ahead.

slow mo
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
talkin to my buddy in
Minden[[close to Halliburton]] he says black flies are almost gone dragon flies came out early! but in the evening and morning the mosquitos take over so buy a repellant with DEET you should be ok unless you swallow a June bug ha,, ha, ride safe mouth closed !! slow mo!

JeffH
06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Countdown - meeting in Haliburton in two weeks @ XS North !!!

Plan A: I have been working very diligently on the XS11E project bike so I could take it to XS North. Guess I have to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Rusted Caliper Pistons and corroded Masters have slowed me down + took an extra week+ at Traxxion Dynamics with the fork rebuilds with Emulators & custom springs + the Z1 Banjo angles & lengths caused me some grief and delay exchanging banjos. Bike runs awesome, but when I got the bike the Pacifico and Luggage had been taken OFF. Plus I'm not sure if PO even gave me all the mounting nuts & bolts etc. Haven't gotten to any of that Fairing stuff yet or the TC Fuse Box or testing the electrics. Also, No fairing = No Headlight. (MaximPhil says my temporary chicken wire mess headlight would not amuse the local cops or the O.P.P.) While I might be able to get the bike fully setup in a week, other than 250 miles of test rides the bike is unproven. Just not smart to take off on a 3,000 mile trip with an untested machine. Plus this AM I just tore down Carbs today to resolve the stripped pilot jet in #2 the PO had messed up. I found #2 exhaust manifold temp was running 90 degrees too cool. The pilot jet in #2 is both stuck and mangled which is impacting pilot circuit fuel flow in #2.

To Haliburton, kind of depends on real time Weather & Toronto Traffic situation. I plan to leave Fredonia/Dunkirk NY on I-90 about say 7:30 AM Friday June 29th. Will stop at McD's wi-fi at Grimsby on the QEW to check Toronto Traffic and check the weather. (I'm needing a Tim Horton's coffee fix but do they have free wi-fi??) Toronto will likely be a worse traffic mess than usual but may get lucky and thread the needle just before 12 noon. If weather is nice and/or Toronto traffic a total mess; I may just ride some roads toward Guelph then Barrie then over to Rally. Kind of depends on weather. If anybody is heading that same direction early Fri AM let me know if you are interested in running lead or shotgun. I absolutely hate going via Grand Island so I'll X-over at the Peace Bridge then QEW as far as fast traffic allows.

Plan C Bike: really wanted to drive the XS11E Project. Had another plan B, but it looks like you might be seeing an orange G-wing. Took G-wing over to dealer for new E-3's and checkup this afternoon. Should leave Atlanta on 25 or 26 depending on weather and other family plans. See y'all soon !!

Jeff

slow mo
06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
my buddy had to cancel so it looks like i have a room to share any takers let me know! if not that's ok too ,,rides safe ,,,slow mo!

mack
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Rode the northern route today Wayne. looks good. minor construction at Halls lake but it was only shoulder widening, travelway is intact and about five miles east of Maynooth they are replacing two culverts and about a km of road but I talked with the foreman and they expect to have the paving crew out by next Tuesday. I make it 204.5 miles/327.2 km round trip. Gas stops are right on. Lowest price was at Barry's bay at 121.8, highest was Whitney at 129.9. Since there is only 30 miles/50 km between the two I'd recommend a splash and go in Whitney and a full top off in Barry's bay. However, For the $1.18 difference per tank. I can stand to fill at Whitney if everyones else can. Good route, roads are in pretty good shape with some spots as smooth as a runway for miles. No moose at midday but I was very vigalent.
Grant

Phoenix Rider
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Rode the northern route today Wayne. looks good. minor construction at Halls lake but it was only shoulder widening, travelway is intact and about five miles east of Maynooth they are replacing two culverts and about a km of road but I talked with the foreman and they expect to have the paving crew out by next Tuesday. I make it 204.5 miles/327.2 km round trip. Gas stops are right on. Lowest price was at Barry's bay at 121.8, highest was Whitney at 129.9. Since there is only 30 miles/50 km between the two I'd recommend a splash and go in Whitney and a full top off in Barry's bay. However, For the $1.18 difference per tank. I can stand to fill at Whitney if everyones else can. Good route, roads are in pretty good shape with some spots as smooth as a runway for miles. No moose at midday but I was very vigalent.
Grant

Awesome job Mack,
Thanks for doing this run for me. Talked to the foreman, wow, right on. I did part of the Saturday run last week. County road 8 between Fenelon and Bobcaygeon had some construction. I am going to check back on it on Sunday. It looked like it was ready to be paved. I hope. Going to do the other half of the Saturday route Sunday afternoon.

Thank you so much again for checking out the route for me. I really appreciate it.
Wayne

newc4
06-23-2012, 07:25 AM
The plan is that Steve and I will be leaving WashDC around 1300 on Thu, June 28, taking 270 to 15 through Gettysburg, Harrisburg and 81 to Syracuse and spend the night around there. On Fri take the ferry to Kingston then on to Haliburton on HamJam’s 2nd recommended route.

I know Dwayne, Earl, Brent and Bennie will be heading up. If your plans allow it would be great to ride up together.

Another question, what is traffic Law Enforcement like up there? From my recollection from Toronto LE were pretty liberal.

Brent
06-23-2012, 08:58 AM
The plan is that Steve and I will be leaving WashDC around 1300 on Thu, June 28, taking 270 to 15 through Gettysburg, Harrisburg and 81 to Syracuse and spend the night around there. On Fri take the ferry to Kingston then on to Haliburton on HamJam’s 2nd recommended route.

I know Dwayne, Earl, Brent and Bennie will be heading up. If your plans allow it would be great to ride up together.

Another question, what is traffic Law Enforcement like up there? From my recollection from Toronto LE were pretty liberal.

Hi Darrell,
I plan to ride up with Marty & Sally, leaving Kane PA Friday morning. I will be on a route west of yours, so will not be meeting up with you. However, JeffH will be in NY leaving from there. Ralph & Rochelle, Bud & Fran are in Harrisburg PA area. They may be along your way, Perhaps meeting up with you.

Since I left my swimming trunks in Ohio, If you bring them from Virginia, I would look for them in Ontario. Thanks, Brent in GA

Liberal LEOs? Yes & NO. As the friendly local Leo in Ontario explained it to me last year... You can speed 10 KPH over no problem. At 15KPM over, I would not want to be the fastest thing on the road, especially if passing OPP. More is not tolerated, AND for 30 KPH (19.2?mph) over - very punitive...immediate forfieture of license, impound & Confiscation of vehicle and fine of up to $10,000. And the provincial Police on the 401 enforced, no matter who you were. Glad to find out the easy way, in a friendly & cordial conversaion while I was out walking. But it is possible to far exceed all of those mentioned speeds while passing one of those double or tripple road train Tractor/trailers on two lane road in a remote area without any enforcement...Or so I have been told :)

CU in Halburton

madbiker
06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Rochelle DuWayne an I are heading up weds. to Waynes house

slow mo
06-23-2012, 10:36 AM
0 KPH (19.2?mph) over - very punitive...immediate forfieture of license, impound & Confiscation of vehicle and fine of up to $10,000. And the provincial Police on the 401 ,,,, not true maybe in Iran ,,16 kms and over is a fine and 3 points here ,,for out of province depend on if your state reciprocates the fine will be applied to you there!! stay at 10 over or just keep up to the flow ,,you should have no problems welcome to the great white north ride safe ,,slow mo!!

mack
06-23-2012, 06:31 PM
The problem up here is that no matter where you go, there are three different police forces all looking for the same honest citzens dollar to justify there existence. The RCMP, in ontario the OPP and then you also have the local detachements. If it's quota season, look out because they'll be out in force, knee deep. Their job (at times) it seems, is not to issue tickets based on guilt, but mearly to get the tickets out of their book into your hands. If it's beatable in court is not their concern.
I run my bikes 55-60 mph and haven't had an issue yet.

cmohler
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
sorry guys Fran and I can't make it this year. money is the issue. everybody wants their share and leave nothing for me to go play. i have a room booked i will be calling mon to cancel so if you need a room one will be open.

earl G
06-24-2012, 07:53 PM
the route i may take: leave thursday morning up 81n, stay at water town ny. then over 1000 island to 401w ,62n, 28, 118 in to town.

so tell me more about this ferry. were do you start at? i see kingston on the map.

hamjam
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi Earl from your side, It starts at the top of 12E in Cape Vincent , kinda North of Watertown the Ferry takes you to Wolfe Island stay on 95 till you get to the End , don't get wet that Ferry takes you to Kingston , turn Left to Brock then when you get to Sir John A MacDonald Turn right to the 401

MartyA
06-25-2012, 02:37 AM
sorry guys Fran and I can't make it this year. money is the issue. everybody wants their share and leave nothing for me to go play. i have a room booked i will be calling mon to cancel so if you need a room one will be open.

We'll see yinz again some time - good luck and take it easy!

ELDR
06-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Re
the route i may take: leave thursday morning up 81n, stay at water town ny. then over 1000 island to 401w ,62n, 28, 118 in to town.

so tell me more about this ferry. were do you start at? i see kingston on the map.

check out this link

http://www.wolfeisland.com/ferry.php

Ted

JeffH
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Re
the route i may take: were do you start at? i see kingston on the map.
check out this link
http://www.wolfeisland.com/ferry.php
Ted

NY Hwy 12E out of Watertown over to Cape Vincent NY

ferry times from Cape Vincent over to Wolfe Island Canada
8:15 a.m. 9:30 a.m. 10:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m. 12:30 p.m. 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m.

Then from Marysville on Wolfe Island free ferry to Kingston:

ferry times from Wolfe Island to Kingston
5:45 a.m. 6:45 a.m. 7:45 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m. 11:00 a.m 12:00 p.m
1:15 p.m. 2:30 p.m. 3:30 p.m. 4:30 p.m. 5:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m. 7:30 p.m.

Not sure if that was what you were looking for -or- not? Anyhow, see you Friday.

Jeff

hamjam
06-25-2012, 11:41 AM
the Cape Vincent ferry is $5 i think IIRC

hamjam
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Jeff , he was just passing on more info for the ferry for Earl :)

Phoenix Rider
06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
sorry guys Fran and I can't make it this year.

Sorry to hear that Bud. We are going to miss you this year.

Wayne

hamjam
06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah..... what Wayne said
Jim

mrssixtysix
06-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I am planning on coming! Just trying to figure out who I am following.
Dena

hamjam
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
your heart :D

earl G
06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
alright the new route to xs north. 81n to water town, stay over night, then 12e to cape vincent on ferry to wolfe island then another boat ride to kingston. over to 401w ,62n ,28 ,118 and in to town.

thanks hammie,eldr and jeff.