PDA

View Full Version : editting posts

DeanR
01-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Just wondering what is the purpose of a time limit (10 minutes???) for editing posts?. Not very handy. My other forum does not have a restriction.

motoman
01-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Maybe not handy Dean, but could change intent or meaning........and net communication can be confusing as it is..........JAT.

DeanR
01-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Maybe not handy Dean, but could change intent or meaning........and net communication can be confusing as it is..........JAT.

When I edit a post, my 'intent' is to indeed clarify what I had said, or write it a bit better, thereby helping with communication. I get a whopping 10 seconds to accomplish that.

motoman
01-21-2012, 10:08 PM
When I edit a post, my 'intent' is to indeed clarify what I had said, or write it a bit better, thereby helping with communication. I get a whopping 10 seconds to accomplish that.

Least ya got 10sec. to think about it..............the rewording is free...

Rasputin
01-22-2012, 04:41 AM
That is why one can preview the post before submitting as well. Once you have made the post you can read it and then edit if need be. I have had as much as ten minutes to edit on some posts but of course othe members have already read what was originally posted. The part I hate is when I try to submit a link or photo and when it does not work it is too late to fix it. Funny thing is I had to edit this post twice just due to my spelling errors, but once it is posted I will check it again.
Oops forgot some periods and a couple mis-spellings as well.

CatatonicBug
01-23-2012, 07:46 AM
It' so that if you make a fool of yourself, you have 10 minutes to fix it. If you let it sit there until someone calls you out on it, we all get to see it forever! :)

DGXSER
01-24-2012, 05:47 AM
It has never really bothered me, but I do find it interesting that if you post in one of the user created spots, like the SWOXS group area, you can edit forever, and in the "main" areas it is ten minutes.