PDA

View Full Version : North 2013

mack
11-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I've been toying with the idea, but lodging is an issue. The only place I could get that number of rooms is in Bancroft. I know you guy's have done that area before.

Huron52
11-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I say no to toying and just do it! :D

As for lodging... Bancroft is fine by me! Lots more roads to ride!

dpotter58
11-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I have only been to one and that was last year. Never been to Bancroft:D

mack
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Well your so right about the roads up there. I don't think I'm qualified as I've only been to one as well Dwayne. I could never do as well as Wayne did last year.
I asked Rick about the cost of the shirts and hats (his) last year and I think he thought I was pissed at the cost but I wasn't. I was very impressed with the quality and thought he might have had to eat some $$ himself rather than go back and change what he'd originally quoted. I wonder if I sent him a pattern (if I do take it on) if he might consider doing that portion for us again.
Do you think there would be much interest in going to Bancroft. If there is, I can do a little research and come up with some rudimentary figures.
Grant

slow mo
11-17-2012, 03:54 PM
i can help with hats and shirts!! the dozen hats i brought last year cost me 58.00 and shirts that we make up i don't know about ? depends if the printer needs artwork that,s where they get you , if i copy something 20 shirts go for 10,00 each in a variety of sizes ,, any ideas on what design might be suitable <let us know,,shirts i gave away at xs north were 20 to 25 each because i had to buy of a distributor as far as location ,,i,m fine with Bancroft i glad to help,, Mack! ride safe ,,mo!

Phoenix Rider
11-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Well your so right about the roads up there. I don't think I'm qualified as I've only been to one as well Dwayne. I could never do as well as Wayne did last year.
I asked Rick about the cost of the shirts and hats (his) last year and I think he thought I was pissed at the cost but I wasn't. I was very impressed with the quality and thought he might have had to eat some $$ himself rather than go back and change what he'd originally quoted. I wonder if I sent him a pattern (if I do take it on) if he might consider doing that portion for us again.
Do you think there would be much interest in going to Bancroft. If there is, I can do a little research and come up with some rudimentary figures.
Grant

Thanks for the compliment Grant, but all you have to do is build it and they will come. You are just as qualified as anybody else. Start with the motel. Get good one with good prices and take it from there. Bancroft is a great place to start.

Wayner

MaximPhil
11-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi Mack,
When we tried to use Bancroft a few years ago the motels were VERY expensive so we ended up in Barrys Bay. I wanted to do Huntsville and ended up in Minden for the same reason.
Other than that Bancroft would be an excellent base to go from.
Phil

Huron52
11-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Hi Mack,
When we tried to use Bancroft a few years ago the motels were VERY expensive so we ended up in Barrys Bay. I wanted to do Huntsville and ended up in Minden for the same reason.
Other than that Bancroft would be an excellent base to go from.
Phil

Phil..... maybe Mack knows a guy that knows a guy that can get him a good price. I say leave it in Mack's capable hands and see what happens...

MaximPhil
11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Phil..... maybe Mack knows a guy that knows a guy that can get him a good price. I say leave it in Mack's capable hands and see what happens...

Hi Tom,
Yes. Encourage Mack so we don't all come to your house looking for the Huron Lighthouse Tour :D:D:D:D:D
Phil

mack
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Anybody remember what we paid for a room last year? I know there maybe a spread as a single with a double or queen bed would be different from a room with two double beds.

Phoenix Rider
11-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Anybody remember what we paid for a room last year? I know there maybe a spread as a single with a double or queen bed would be different from a room with two double beds.

Silver Maple Motel. $85.00 + tax= $96.05. I booked a block of 15 rooms. They will fill and then double up.

Wayne

mack
11-20-2012, 07:28 PM
I went up to Bancroft today and talked at some length with both owners of the Bancroft Inn & Suites (BI&S)and the Best western motor Inn (BWMI). First I will deal with the BI&S: They are located about 2.5 miles out of town and have no dining facilities or group amenities, they do however provide a continental breakfast. Across the road is a very small restaurant named Rosie's it could never seat the entire group. The best rate I could get there is $104.95 plus tax per room per night.

At the BWMI the best rate I could get was $115 plus hst per room per night. However it is a fully serviced motel with liscenced dining and separate banquet room, exercise room, swimming pool C/W whirlpool tub for six, his and her sauna rooms and the parking lot is flat and paved. It is right at the end of the main street within walking distance to center of town. I talked with "Sunny" for quite awhile and managed to get him to throw in 20% off on all our meals while we're there. If you look at it, consider everything, it's not a bad deal at all since meals are about 1/2 of the weekends expense. If people want to have a beer after the rides, this is the only place you can do it without having to walk or ride.
I also talked with sonny about the report of bed bugs in some of the rooms mentioned in the client ratings. He told me that late last summer he had all the carpets, curtains, bedding and mattresses replaced with new. That shouldn't be an issue.
I know that some members may bring spouses and not require double rooms and they have a wide range of different combinations, queens, kings and fireplaces etc. I could probably talk him down on those too if I know in advance.
This is the best I can do. If this is too steep for the group, then this area is out. Someone in another geographic area will have to take over from this point on.Your thoughts gentlemen and ladies?
Grant

MaximPhil
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Silver Maple Motel. $85.00 + tax= $96.05. I booked a block of 15 rooms. They will fill and then double up.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
You Done Good :)
I've never stayed at a motel with plane parking before:D

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/MaximPhil_photos/XS%20North/XS%20North%202012/XSNorth2012004.jpg
Phil

slow mo
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
sounds good Mack ! i,m in,, whats next ? how can we help ?/ ride safe slow mo!

Phoenix Rider
11-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi Wayne,
You Done Good :)
I've never stayed at a motel with plane parking before:D

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/MaximPhil_photos/XS%20North/XS%20North%202012/XSNorth2012004.jpg
Phil

Yes, thanks Phil. I try and think of everything.

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
I went up to Bancroft today and talked at some length with both owners of the Bancroft Inn & Suites (BI&S)and the Best western motor Inn (BWMI). First I will deal with the BI&S: They are located about 2.5 miles out of town and have no dining facilities or group amenities, they do however provide a continental breakfast. Across the road is a very small restaurant named Rosie's it could never seat the entire group. The best rate I could get there is $104.95 plus tax per room per night.

At the BWMI the best rate I could get was $115 plus hst per room per night. However it is a fully serviced motel with liscenced dining and separate banquet room, exercise room, swimming pool C/W whirlpool tub for six, his and her sauna rooms and the parking lot is flat and paved. It is right at the end of the main street within walking distance to center of town. I talked with "Sunny" for quite awhile and managed to get him to throw in 20% off on all our meals while we're there. If you look at it, consider everything, it's not a bad deal at all since meals are about 1/2 of the weekends expense. If people want to have a beer after the rides, this is the only place you can do it without having to walk or ride.
I also talked with sonny about the report of bed bugs in some of the rooms mentioned in the client ratings. He told me that late last summer he had all the carpets, curtains, bedding and mattresses replaced with new. That shouldn't be an issue.
I know that some members may bring spouses and not require double rooms and they have a wide range of different combinations, queens, kings and fireplaces etc. I could probably talk him down on those too if I know in advance.
This is the best I can do. If this is too steep for the group, then this area is out. Someone in another geographic area will have to take over from this point on.Your thoughts gentlemen and ladies?
Grant

Grant,
I think you have gone above and beyond to get us a good deal. When you factor in the 20% savings on meals this works out to be a good destination. If you're taking votes. I say yes to the Best Western in Bancroft.

Good work Grant,
Wayne

Huron52
11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I have stayed at the Best Western in Bancroft before. That was a few years back. If I recall almost all the rooms have parking right in front of your room.

MartyA
11-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I have stayed at the Best Western in Bancroft before. That was a few years back. If I recall almost all the rooms have parking right in front of your room.

Nuff said!

Just need a phone number and a date... :)

mack
11-22-2012, 02:50 PM
BEST WESTERN
Sword Motor Inn
146 Hastings St N
Bancroft, Ontario
Canada
1-866-226-2763

This is the place for 2013, Just say you are with the XS 11 group. The dates are 28, 29, 30 June 2013. I will have much more info to follow in the next few months. You can book now and that will give me a better idea as to the numbers I'm working with. Thanx. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Grant

omegaxj
12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Okay, I'll have to figure out where Bancroft is, being a Maritime boy I am not sure. Thankful for Google. I want to go having missed last year's due to the heart operation but, as usual, Bruce is being reluctant. It is 6 days ride there and back and that can be hard on his '78 XS11. Should be no problem for my "newer" '07 Bandit 1250S which most of you have not seen.

I am glad Mack stepped forward on this as now I have a goal for this year. I was going to suggest going back to the 1999 XS rally in Toronto. Do some of you remember that one? Or the 2000 rally I hosted in Cape Breton and the fabulous Cabot Trail. We should do Cape Breton Isl. again some day. I digress.

The cost of the rooms is a bit steep because we have to figure in 4 nights accommodation coming and going and the cost of gas for about 3000km of travel. It is do-able as we split the costs by sharing and we maybe able to get a third rider to come. I will bug Bruce (monkey-butt) some more :D

Phoenix Rider
12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Okay, I'll have to figure out where Bancroft is, being a Maritime boy I am not sure. Thankful for Google. I want to go having missed last year's due to the heart operation but, as usual, Bruce is being reluctant. It is 6 days ride there and back and that can be hard on his '78 XS11. Should be no problem for my "newer" '07 Bandit 1250S which most of you have not seen.

I am glad Mack stepped forward on this as now I have a goal for this year. I was going to suggest going back to the 1999 XS rally in Toronto. Do some of you remember that one? Or the 2000 rally I hosted in Cape Breton and the fabulous Cabot Trail. We should do Cape Breton Isl. again some day. I digress.

The cost of the rooms is a bit steep because we have to figure in 4 nights accommodation coming and going and the cost of gas for about 3000km of travel. It is do-able as we split the costs by sharing and we maybe able to get a third rider to come. I will bug Bruce (monkey-butt) some more :D

Hey Mark,
Mack did manage to get a good deal on the rooms. Considering the location being right in the heart of Bancroft on the July long weekend and being a Best Western chain, its pretty fair. A couple years ago Jim was looking to have the North rally there, but it was just too expensive. He also managed to get 20% off the meals too. I do understand the expense that you are talking about when you factor in the distance that you have to travel. Are you considering trailering your bike or will you ride this year?

Wayne

mack
12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Mark:
As Wayne said, I did manage to get 20% off the hotel eating establishment (best fine dining place in town) as well. This type of saving is as hard to calculate as the cost of living , as it will vary from person to person. Say you have breakfast with a couple coffee's in the morning$10. and supper with a beer or two $25. This may seem extravagant for some. That would be a $7 saving per day, bringing half the room cost down to $50.50 per night per person.
It may very well be that the overall cost will be too high for most and therefore a general lack of interest in this location could take it out of the running for 2013. I've only done the leg work for the tomb stone requirements and it won't hurt my feelings if the rally is held someplace else.
I drove from North Sydney to Belleville in 14 hrs a couple years ago. I don't recommend it for one driver but two people trailering their rides could pull it off with little difficulty.
Good to hear your health is back in order and your ready to ride.

omegaxj
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Wayne and Mack, the cost of the rooms at a Best Western is reasonable over all. It is just when you add up all the other expeses of this week long trip, it adds up quickly and now that Bruce and I are pensioners, money can be tight. I will find a way and we always stay in all the "cheap" hotels along the way (no camping for us 2 old farts anymore).

I have decided to drive the bike this year. Towing is not that easy after all and sucks the gas quickly. My "newish" Bandit is the best equipped and most reliable bike that I have ever owned for a trip like this and so I want to ride while I still can.

omegaxj
01-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Further update to my health. It appears that I have fluid around my heart making it difficult to get around at the moment. I have an appointment with the cardiologist next week and I assume the problem will be addressed. It better be,:rolleyes: If everything goes well, I'll book a room at the Best Western, asap. I am going to drive there but I may have to do it solo (like back in 1999) as Bruce still says he will not go this year; although he did say he would last year. He has been known in the past to make the decision at the last possible minute;). There is a lot of time yet and he got his bike running real fine late last year, so I expect once the weather warms up and he gets riding again, he will want to come.

mack
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
As anxious as I am to have you attend, I must say, take care of your health first. There will always be rallies to go to. Thats a long haul to make if your not 100%.

omegaxj
01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
As anxious as I am to have you attend, I must say, take care of your health first. There will always be rallies to go to. Thats a long haul to make if your not 100%.

Thanks for the concerns. My health is No. 1 and why I really don't want to do it solo. I did go to the cardiologist last week and he put in the hospital for 3.5 days. They manually drained the fluid around my left lung by inserting a long needle into my side while awake and extracted 2.5 liters of fluid!:eek: And yes it was as bad as it sounds at first.

So, now I can breath freely, I have to get the old legs back into shape. I am putting the pressure back on Bruce to go with me.I had diabetes when I went to my first rally in 1999 (Toronto) and I went solo. I have gone to numerous other XS East and North rallies and missed a couple due to heart attacks and last year due to open heart surgery. So, this is not going to hold me back.;)

slow mo
01-24-2013, 04:21 AM
and it is a long needle! i have had that done several times,, quite the experience,, look after yourself and maybe we will see you at xs north this year,, ride safe slow mo!

omegaxj
02-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I have had a bit of a set back health wise. The fluid is building up around the lung again and they don't want to try and manually drain it again. They want to do a small operation that allows the fluid to drain away from the lung and heart on a permanent basis. I go for an echocadiogram on Monday to check things out further.

So, I can't make a commitment to the rally until I get this medical problem resolved. I'll let you know.

MaximPhil
02-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I have had a bit of a set back health wise. The fluid is building up around the lung again and they don't want to try and manually drain it again. They want to do a small operation that allows the fluid to drain away from the lung and heart on a permanent basis. I go for an echocadiogram on Monday to check things out further.

So, I can't make a commitment to the rally until I get this medical problem resolved. I'll let you know.

Hi Mark,
Hope all goes well with your "procedure". Plenty of recovery time until June.
Phil

JeffH
02-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I had a great time last year in Haliburton. Bancroft area looks great too. :)

So, I am planning to be in BUF again this year around the end of June. I've booked a room at BW-Sword for the three nights. Add a +1 to your count.

Jeff

mack
02-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I guess now that members are starting to book rooms, we should start to talk about T shirts. I have no idea if Ralf and Rochelle will attend this year. He did a great job last year at a good price for both long and short sleeve versions.
Mo had also offered to look into it. While it's too soon to predict how many if any would be required, it's a good time to consider this aspect. What think you?

dpotter58
02-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I was at XS North last year when the first grandchild was born... 1st birthday party is June 29 so I won't be able to make it back this year...

mack
02-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Too bad Dwayne, I do remember the bear though so while we will miss you, we also understand.

Phoenix Rider
02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
:mad:Too bad Dwayne, I do remember the bear though so while we will miss you, we also understand.

How can we forget the bear...meow

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2012-07-010833211.jpg

Wayner

slow mo
02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
i,m booked in to the Best Western hope to see everyone there !! ride safe ,,slow mo!

MaximPhil
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
:mad:

How can we forget the bear...meow

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2012-07-010833211.jpg

Wayner

Hey Duwayne,
I liked the way you wrapped the bears arms around the sissy bar. He looked great.
Phil

madbiker
02-12-2013, 06:03 AM
I have no idea if Ralf and Rochelle will attend this year. He did a great job last year at a good price for both long and short sleeve versions.
We will not be able to make it this year we are going south this year N. C. for a week in the Smokey Mts.

mack
02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
hear that, but thanx for the heads up. I'll start on the T shirt thing in earnest now.

slow mo
02-12-2013, 07:46 AM
hear that, but thanx for the heads up. I'll start on the T shirt thing in earnest now.

hey mack ! i will try to come up with t shirt, s ideas and costs ,,see you soon ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!

mack
02-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Mo, send me PM's so we don't plug up the North thread, once we have a plan well take it to the riders.

DeanR
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Is this http://www.mckecks.ca/
where we ate dinner in Haliburton last year?

Phoenix Rider
03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Is this http://www.mckecks.ca/
where we ate dinner in Haliburton last year?

Yes Dean, that's the place.

Wayne

DeanR
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Wayne. It came up amongst my ST buddies.

Phoenix Rider
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks Wayne. It came up amongst my ST buddies.

Planning a ride out that way?

hamjam
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Kids as I posted elsewhere, regrets I've had a few and this is one Iíll mention I wonít be able to attend this event or anything else this year as I am scheduled for open heart surgery next month on April 19. It has been postponed once so we are really hoping this date will be firm. The surgery is to install a "mechanical heart" which is actually a device (LVAD) that will bypass and take over the function of the left ventricle, the chamber that pumps blood to all parts of the body. The hope is that it will let me do more activity and improve my quality of life. It may be a bridge to transplant eligibility or it may be the life long solution and I won't know this until much later. I will be in hospital for some time, probably a month maybe 2 as we have much to learn about running this device.
so have fun be careful and send pictures
Jim

mack
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
you may not be able to ride with us this year but we'd still like to see and visit with you. If your healed enough by then, swing by so we can see your OK and you can show us your scar.

hamjam
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Mack OK just have to find a chauffeur :D

xsilerating
03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Best of luck with that, Jim. I was thinking of late, that you already had the surgery so, am sorry to hear that it had been postponed 'til April. :(

I hope that everything goes well for you and wish you much success with the surgery and, a speedy recovery. :o

slow mo
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM
these are the prices for the xsnorth t shirts samples pictures of the shirt to follow truth is i don't know how to post pics

bancroft layout
t shirts are 9.04 including tax for small to xlarge.....xxlg are 10.17 and xxxlg are 14.69 and xxxxlarge are15.82
longsleeve are 15.82 including tax. xxlg are 16.95 xxxlg 19.21 xxxxlg are 21.47
thanks 60 colour choics available we will choose one only for all thanks ,,slow mo,,,,, if you can help posting pictures for me send me your email and i will send them to you

MaximPhil
04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Mo,
I can do that for you.
Phil

MaximPhil
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Mo,
I can do that for you.
Phil

Hi Mo,
After 7 attempts I have not been able to upload your picture.
I use Photobucket and either I am doing something wrong or the site is messed up. Twice I saw the green line Success and once I saw a yellow line which left the screen before I could read past OOps.
I will try again to morrow. In the mean time if someone else would like to try go ahead and send them the picture.
Phil

mack
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
It's not photobucket but seems compatable with the program they used MO

https://www.box.com/s/63xcva6eee1ptoj7sxtk

MaximPhil
04-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi Mack,
Thanks I was starting to feel photobucket did not like me anymore. Tonight I have moved some pictures and uploaded some others so it is a lack of compatability between Mo and Photobucket not ME :D
Phil

slow mo
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
t shirts are ready for production under 10 bucks each i assume Mack will post the pictures as i am a total incompetent ! ride safe slow mo!

slow mo
04-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Mack OK just have to find a chauffeur :D

ride safe ,,,slow mo!

mack
04-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Here are a couple images of the T shirt crests for this summer's rally. I think Mo did a great job. The material is very good. GILDAN 100% preshrunk cotton. And will be available in either black or for those 78E owners, maroon.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/015_zps86b08f5e.jpg (http://s946.photobucket.com/user/mack-055/media/015_zps86b08f5e.jpg.html)

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/016_zps6ab2d82d.jpg (http://s946.photobucket.com/user/mack-055/media/016_zps6ab2d82d.jpg.html)

jwhughes3
04-30-2013, 09:41 AM
mack that first pic looks like someone's head was cut off!

John

Phoenix Rider
04-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Guys,
Nice job on the t-shirts! I was wondering if you are going to start a new thread for the t-shirt orders or shall we just place the orders here?

They look good,
Wayne

slow mo
04-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys,
Nice job on the t-shirts! I was wondering if you are going to start a new thread for the t-shirt orders or shall we just place the orders here?

They look good,
Wayne

don,t know who,s looking after t shirt orders yet Wayne!! hats are also available at 10 bucks each we will let you know sir !! ride safe ,,,slow mo!!

mack
04-30-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure what the usual method for this is. However since Mo is the man with the contact and has the pricing details, I would suggest that we follow what ever his comfort level is. I will say that for sizing. I will be ordering a medium. They are fairly large but may shrink a bit with a few washings but are preshrunk, so I'm not possitive. As I said there are two colours available and if I remember correctly Mo said long sleeve are available as well but are a bit more expensive.

Phoenix Rider
05-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Hi Mack,
I set up a new thread last year for the t-shirts because I found it easier to make a list rather than sort through all the posts on the main rally page. Just a thought. Entirely up to you guys.

Wayne

slow mo
05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Mack,
I set up a new thread last year for the t-shirts because I found it easier to make a list rather than sort through all the posts on the main rally page. Just a thought. Entirely up to you guys.

Wayne

that sounds good if you can help us with that i would maintain it i don't know exactly how to do that and at the moment i,m having a diabetic problem! thanks ,,mo

slow mo
05-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi Mack,

Wayne

that sounds good if you can help us with that i would maintain it i don't know exactly how to do that? thanks ,,mo

Phoenix Rider
05-01-2013, 08:32 AM
that sounds good if you can help us with that i would maintain it i don't know exactly how to do that? thanks ,,mo

Sure Mo,
I'll get that set up for you, no problem.
Wayne

mack
05-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanx Wayne for helping Mo with that. As Mo has stated, he is having some health issues at the moment and may have to bow out of the rally completely. I can take over the t shirt thing from here if you like. I've just touched base with Dee and don't want to duplicate efforts. If your cool with handling that aspect I won't mind in the least.

Phoenix Rider
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanx Wayne for helping Mo with that. As Mo has stated, he is having some health issues at the moment and may have to bow out of the rally completely. I can take over the t shirt thing from here if you like. I've just touched base with Dee and don't want to duplicate efforts. If your cool with handling that aspect I won't mind in the least.

Hi Mack,
I'm sorry to hear about Mo's condition. Unfortunately, I am scheduled to go in for eye surgery on July 2nd, so I am not going to make the rally either. I was planning on trying to meet you guys on either saturday or sunday for lunch and doing the afternooon ride and then come home that night. Depending on how my eyes are feeling, I may bring my bike or maybe my car. As far as the t-shirts go, I'm not sure how much I can help you with the finished products. I could monitor the t-shirt thread and make a completed list for you and e mail it to you at the end of the month. That way you can just submit it and not have to worry about them until they're printed and ready to be picked up. That way you can concentrate on the other aspects of the rally.

Let me know if this works for you Mack,
Wayne

slow mo
05-02-2013, 06:02 PM
i can p/u shirts and hats once you guys have decided on one ,, no problem Dee is 2 streets over from me ,mo

hamjam
05-03-2013, 10:19 PM
jat...how many have signed up for this
curious in toronto general

mack
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM
It's still early but if there isn't enough interest by the end of of may I'll probably cancel it. Seems to be the year of major health issues. Most of that area is under water right now. I plan on taking a run up there to scope out the routes I chose to see what condition the roads are in after the water recedes.

slow mo
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
The Town of Bancroft remains under a State of Emergency as the town continues monitor flood isues and prepares for the Recovery Phase.

Residents will notice that the sand bags throughout town are being re-stacked today. They will be picked up tomorrow. The Town wishes to thank the North Hastings High School N.E.R.D.S. class for their help with the sandbags.

The late spring and flooding have delayed the normal town spring clean-up, however, clean- up is now underway and the town thanks everyone for their patience.

Finally, the Ontario Clean Water Association will doing their normal spring flushing of town qwater lines and hydrants and they want you to know that this a normal activity, having nothing to dowtiht he recent flooding.

mack
05-27-2013, 08:20 PM
It would seem that we have lost a few posts so I will post this one again.
Due to health issues etc. The interest in this years XS North Rally has been minimal. It this point only five members have shown an interest in attending. I will give it till Friday 31 May then I'm going to release the block booking back to the motel, so they will be able to fill the rooms for the long weekend.
As for the T shirts, Mo did a really good job and the shirts themselves are very good quality, you can't beat the price. I'm going to order several for myself. They may be a collectors item as shirts from the rally that never happened.
My brother and I will still be going up and running the routes and staying at the hotel if anyone does show up and want to ride.

Phoenix Rider
05-28-2013, 04:53 AM
It would seem that we have lost a few posts so I will post this one again.
Due to health issues etc. The interest in this years XS North Rally has been minimal. It this point only five members have shown an interest in attending. I will give it till Friday 31 May then I'm going to release the block booking back to the motel, so they will be able to fill the rooms for the long weekend.
As for the T shirts, Mo did a really good job and the shirts themselves are very good quality, you can't beat the price. I'm going to order several for myself. They may be a collectors item as shirts from the rally that never happened.
My brother and I will still be going up and running the routes and staying at the hotel if anyone does show up and want to ride.

Hi Mack,
I wouldn't mind riding up and doing the routes with you guys.

Wayne

Newbee
05-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi Mack I was looking at xs east ride this past weekend and see a number of people who come to xs north for that rally everyone at that rally where kind enough to post if they were coming or not.I also see they came from all over miss,ont north bay ont. Allentown,PA ont west coast, Lilburn GA. Summerville WV. fallingwater WV. Greenville NC. Ohio Kansas City Missouri aslut OK Teaneck,NJ ST.Louis MO.Fallingwaters WV.NY NWPA Lancaster PO Southern Maryland Cincinnati Ohio Whitestone NY Upstate NY I see we read their post 15pages I guess they read ours they seem to like to go the distance. If this post is read and you are coming or not coming make a reply.In the threads there is one with only Canadian xs riders 2 pages only so we should be able to get more riders out.My first 2o11 I really only knew one member at the end I knew 15 at 2012 10 more so even if you don't know anyone come out it's a great weekend.

Huron52
05-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey.. For the interest of the host to know one way or another. I will not be at XS North this year.

I will be in Pittsburg PA watching the start of the IBR. Then maybe riding down to West Virignia and back to Pittsburg to watch them do a check point and then home.

Maybe timing for next will work for me... don't know

Newbee
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Thank you Huron52 for your post this is what we need hopefully you can make it next year.To anyone else who makes a post coming or not thanks again.If I am offending anyone I apologize it just seems to be a Lot of work for who ever is trying to put this on and not to see some kind of response.

madbiker
05-29-2013, 01:18 PM
I have no idea if Ralf and Rochelle will attend this year. He did a great job last year at a good price for both long and short sleeve versions.
We will not be able to make it this year we are going south this year N. C. for a week in the Smokey Mts.

If you would back read you would know that we already stated we would not make it

dpotter58
05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Can't make it this year...

Newbee
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks madbiker for reposting I guess like mack stated some post were lost when the site went down and not see them plus I guess I missed a page when looking.

mack
05-31-2013, 08:15 AM
OK so as of today, I have Maxim Phil, MartyA, Omega XJ, Jeff H, Myself and my brother Blair as persons attending this years XS North Rally. As of today, only one room has been booked. I urge you to book your rooms now as there are several other events going on in Bancroft that long weekend and they can use the rooms. So I'm going to release 9 rooms of the block booking back to them.

A few other riders may or may not show up for a day, HamJam to show us his scar, SlowMo and maybe Pheonix rider. I also have a brother in law who may come up for a one day ride if he can get away.

If you see your name on the list and aren't attending, let me know. If you don't see your name on the list and are attending, let me know.

Newbee
05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
I just booked a room 31/05/2013 5:44pm It has to queen beds so if someone wants to share a room let me know.the confirm no, is 47815 under ken leach.I don't know what time Friday I will be there I am Having all new windows&doors put in thurs.&fri. Lady said 4 rooms had been rented there is a 48hr cancellation clause.

mack
05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
see you there, glad your coming. What are you riding?

MaximPhil
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi Mack,
It is looking very unlikely I can make this years rally. I get back from Europe only a day before. Maybe I can make a day trip with Wayne.
Phil

Phoenix Rider
06-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi Mack,
It is looking very unlikely I can make this years rally. I get back from Europe only a day before. Maybe I can make a day trip with Wayne.
Phil

Sure Phil, come on up. We can ride there together, no problem. I think its only a couple of hours.

Wayne

mack
06-01-2013, 07:31 AM
I will take it from here Wayne/Mo. Since there will be an initial $$$ outlay and I'm quarterbacking this event. It should be me. Besides, I know I'm going so the shirts will make it there for sure.

icecycle
06-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Mack
Add another rider to your list! I have booked a room, order shirts, all is ready.
Toughest question which cycle do I ride. As a note to you got the 81 midnight special up and running. Still needs work but she's in good shape for the shape she's in. Thanks again for the info on parts.
Icecycle

Newbee
06-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Mack to answer your question on which bike I am riding since I myself being off work with 3 different operations funds are really tight I had to cancel the insurance on the xs so I will be riding the Harley I was hoping Brent was coming so he or I wouldn't be the only one on one.

slow mo
06-01-2013, 11:51 AM
i may be going up for a day maybe 2 ride safe ,,slow mo

earl G
06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
i will not make xs north this year.

icecycle
06-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Darn, you're not going to make it. Guess that will just make next year all the more special.
Icecycle

Phoenix Rider
06-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi Mack,
I was talking to Phil today and we are planning on coming up Saturday for your ride. We are planning on meeting you for lunch and then do the afternoon ride and probably stay for dinner. With Phil coming from Mississauga to Port Perry and then 2 hours from here to Bancroft we will not make the breakfast run. Any chance of getting the route posted and where you are stopping for lunch? That way even if we miss you at lunch we maybe able to catch you on the route.

Thanks,
Wayne

mack
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Wayne, Phil, when you leave Port Perry, take 7A to Caven, use the peterborough bypass to 7 and head due east to havelock. Stop at the Tim Hortons. We'll meet you there around 11 o clock.
That will cut some of your ride time down and Phil can get a little extra beauty rest. We'll lunch together a bit south of there.

Phoenix Rider
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Wayne, Phil, when you leave Port Perry, take 7A to Caven, use the peterborough bypass to 7 and head due east to havelock. Stop at the Tim Hortons. We'll meet you there around 11 o clock.
That will cut some of your ride time down and Phil can get a little extra beauty rest. We'll lunch together a bit south of there.

I know the one.

Sounds good, thanks.

Wayne

MaximPhil
06-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Havelock must be really small if it only has ONE Tim Hortons :D
Phil

Newbee
06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi mack I don't understand why we are riding all the way to Bancroft in which the rooms are more expensive then ride back down to Havelock area were we could of found cheaper rooms and then ride up to Bancroft.Also for most of us it would have been a little closer to border and home for the ride on holiday monday traffic????????????????????????

madbiker
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Yours is not to question why, yours is but to do or die. I love it when the backseat driver get here. :eek:

Newbee
06-04-2013, 03:05 PM
So Ralph you have changed your plans and now you are coming???????????????????????????????????????????

hamjam
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
we thank you Newbee for volunteering to run next years rally :D

Newbee
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Jim I have seen yours and other post of your recent heart operations I hope you are recovering well.My brotherinlaw had a quadruple bypass this past Friday he says he felt he was hit by a truck.Yours is so much more must of felt like you got hit twice.Again wishing you a speedy recovery.If you think I am knocking the hard work it takes and the frustration not knowing who will come I am not, I do not know if people are doing private messages I only go by the posts I see.My comment why we are going north and going south was only a question.I have been looking for a route map posted like last year so I thought we would be riding the Bancroft area.I don't care where we ride because to me I have a new bike to ride.On your original question I could try.

omegaxj
06-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

My intentions this year was to come to XSNorth but my health has gotten in the way. I am having problems similar to Jim's but not as serious. I finally seem to be on the mend if ever so slowly. My next battle is restoring sight to my left eye. I had surgery on it just recently and I am on the mend with that although more surgery is required.

To make a long story short, I will not be coming to XSNorth. I am a little pissed because I want my friends to see my "new" Bandit. With it, I can now keep up with the big boys which I had not been able to do since I had my '84 XJ1100. The scooter and the Vulcan were adequate but not up to par. There's always next year.

icecycle
06-05-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm not concerned in which direction we go, how far we go, how often or where stops are made!!!

The bikes and the people are what is important.

Ya make your own fun

Icecycle

mack
06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Mark don't worry about it. I actually glad you've cancelled. With the diminished attendance this year I was worried the ride you'd have to make to get here wouldn't have been worth it. There will be other rallies, get your health in order and we'll see you at another time. Good luck.

Brent
06-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Can't make it this year...

Though I have really enjoyed XSnorth in past years, I will not be attending in 2013. I hope I can remain a member of the SOXS riders.

hamjam
06-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Brent you are family it's ok

Phoenix Rider
06-26-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi Mack,
I am unable to meet up with you guys on saturday now. I am able to come out and ride with you on Sunday though. Any chance of me hooking up with you guys Sunday?

Wayne

mack
06-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Well here we are a couple days away from the rally. The weather forecast for the weekend is the ****s. Rain and thunderstorms through till Monday. A friend of mine is a met tech at the air base and he says that a large storm is coming in from the west and will provide a band of thunderstorms covering the whole weekend. The opposite side of the front carries a ten degree temp drop so hail is a distinct possibility.
Since attendance is low anyway, it would be my suggestion to cancel this rally for this year. I don't want people riding through hail to get up here just to ride for three more days in the rain.
However I am flexible and if the few guys who have stuck it out this far want to ride, I will lead the way. But , as I said earlier, the aspect of getting old is getting smarter, I recommend everyone stay home, cancel your rooms and spend the weekend safe with your families.

Phoenix Rider
06-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Well here we are a couple days away from the rally. The weather forecast for the weekend is the ****s. Rain and thunderstorms through till Monday. A friend of mine is a met tech at the air base and he says that a large storm is coming in from the west and will provide a band of thunderstorms covering the whole weekend. The opposite side of the front carries a ten degree temp drop so hail is a distinct possibility.
Since attendance is low anyway, it would be my suggestion to cancel this rally for this year. I don't want people riding through hail to get up here just to ride for three more days in the rain.
However I am flexible and if the few guys who have stuck it out this far want to ride, I will lead the way. But , as I said earlier, the aspect of getting old is getting smarter, I recommend everyone stay home, cancel your rooms and spend the weekend safe with your families.

Hi Mack,
I was looking at the weather network and it says Saturday 1mm of rain Sunday and Monday good. Sure you want to cancel the whole weekend?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/ontario/bancroft

I would still like to give sunday a chance.

Wayne

slow mo
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
thank you Mack!! good advice for us elders and thanks for organizing ride safe ,,slow mo!

Newbee
06-27-2013, 08:51 AM
I took Mack's advice and canceled my room but I like Wayne's post about a Sunday ride or what ever day.ALso there is the t-shirt issue how else could I pay for the two I ordered.

mack
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
So as far as the weather is concerned, if we can get to Bancroft without getting too wet, the weather for Saturday is cloudy with an afternoon thunderstorm. I've revised my routes accordingly. Instead of large swinging loops, I worked out shorter tighter routes so in the event of a hard thunderstorm we would only be out in it for no more than an hour, to get back to the hotel. A 50/50 MIXTYURE OF HIGHWAY AND SECONDARY ROADS.As such we won't be swinging farther south than Apsley. We will lunch at the golden bear on hwy 28. For those of you travelling up on Saturday, that is where we will meet.
The Sunday ride weather looks pretty good. We will be looping south a bit then northeast up to Eganville, back down through Combermere then following 517 to birds creek, around Baptise lake, and back to Bancroft. Should take us 5 hours in the saddle, mostly because of some of the secondary roads, but I can shorten it if the weather changes for the worst.
My brother and I will be there and ride both days. As it is, you travellers will get the worst of it south of #7 so the quicker you get north of that boundry, the less severe the weather will be.

Phoenix Rider
06-27-2013, 10:43 AM
So as far as the weather is concerned, if we can get to Bancroft without getting too wet, the weather for Saturday is cloudy with an afternoon thunderstorm. I've revised my routes accordingly. Instead of large swinging loops, I worked out shorter tighter routes so in the event of a hard thunderstorm we would only be out in it for no more than an hour, to get back to the hotel. A 50/50 MIXTYURE OF HIGHWAY AND SECONDARY ROADS.As such we won't be swinging farther south than Apsley. We will lunch at the golden bear on hwy 28. For those of you travelling up on Saturday, that is where we will meet.
The Sunday ride weather looks pretty good. We will be looping south a bit then northeast up to Eganville, back down through Combermere then following 517 to birds creek, around Baptise lake, and back to Bancroft. Should take us 5 hours in the saddle, mostly because of some of the secondary roads, but I can shorten it if the weather changes for the worst.
My brother and I will be there and ride both days. As it is, you travellers will get the worst of it south of #7 so the quicker you get north of that boundry, the less severe the weather will be.

Sounds like a good plan brother!

Wayne

Phoenix Rider
06-27-2013, 04:45 PM

Hey Mack,
I am riding up on Sunday with Newbee and possibly Phil. Phil is still in Europe so I don't have confirmation yet about Sunday for him. Anyways, what time and where can we meet you for Sunday's ride. You had mentioned Timmies in Havelock, but that was Saturdays ride.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Wayne

mack
06-28-2013, 05:35 AM
Be flexible, I've built several options into the dailt rides. What time would you be in Bancroft?

Phoenix Rider
06-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Be flexible, I've built several options into the dailt rides. What time would you be in Bancroft?

I would have to check with Newbee as we are riding up together but we should be able to be there for 10am. Its 2.5 hours from Port Perry. I'm sure Newbee checks the site often so he can give you his reply if he agrees or not.

Wayne

Newbee
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm in.weather looks good for sunday.I will be at at Wayne's early.

hamjam
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi How many are 'in' for dinner Sat night and will it be at the Motel???

Newbee
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Mack just wanted to send out a thanks again for a good lunch stop and a great sunday ride.I was in Whitby at home by 7:40.No deer on the way home.And the xs needed gas but not the Harley. LoL

Phoenix Rider
07-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Mack just wanted to send out a thanks again for a good lunch stop and a great sunday ride.I was in Whitby at home by 7:40.No deer on the way home.And the xs needed gas but not the Harley. LoL

I, too, want to say thanks for the great ride and lunch. Roads were great and the scenery even better.

I rode up with Ken. We did experience wildlife with a deer running out a few feet in front of my bike at 100kph(60mph). Speeds dropped down to 80kph(50mph) after that until my heart rate dropped back down.

As far as the Harley not needing gas while the XS did, I have pictures to prove it otherwise.

All in all I rode 612.5 kms(380.5 miles) with Ken probably tacking on another 50kms(30 miles).

Great time,
Thanks again Mack,
Wayne

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/1372619602511.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xsphoenix/media/1372619602511.jpg.html)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2013-06-30151245.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xsphoenix/media/2013-06-30151245.jpg.html)

The XS'S WAIT while the Harley gets gas.:D

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2013-06-30130721.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xsphoenix/media/2013-06-30130721.jpg.html)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2013-06-30130701.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xsphoenix/media/2013-06-30130701.jpg.html)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/2013-06-30110349.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xsphoenix/media/2013-06-30110349.jpg.html)

We even stopped at Church.;)

mack
07-01-2013, 12:03 PM
I got home to find that there had been a fire in my shop while i was away. I don't know what i've lost. I can't go in until the fire inspector is done the investigation. All my bike stuff was in there.
Big thanx to all who attended this years rally. All in all, it was great time and successful. We managed to stay between the rain clouds and saw some great country roads.
I also take credit for getting the crowd to church on Sunday.

Phoenix Rider
07-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I got home to find that there had been a fire in my shop while i was away. I don't know what i've lost. I can't go in until the fire inspector is done the investigation. All my bike stuff was in there.
Big thanx to all who attended this years rally. All in all, it was great time and successful. We managed to stay between the rain clouds and saw some great country roads.
I also take credit for getting the crowd to church on Sunday.

Sorry to hear about the fire. Hope it's not too bad. Keep us posted.
Wayne

hamjam
07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Yes really sorry about the fire :mad::( that sux

slow mo
07-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Yes really sorry about the fire :mad::( that sux
that's terrible sorry Mack ,,mo

Newbee
07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear about the fire.You mention something about your daughter living there I hope everyone is ok.

slow mo
07-11-2013, 03:27 PM
any news on Macks fire?? or any way we can help??

Phoenix Rider
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
any news on Macks fire?? or any way we can help??

Actually he posted something up on Members Lounge last week or so.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40210

I'm sure there is something you could do to help him out. How are you with a paint brush. ;) Hahaha

Wayne

mack
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
All is fine here Mo, smoke damage mostly. Lost some tools and am having trouble with rust issues on some key parts but I'm soaking in metal rescue then submerging them in an oil bath until i'm ready for assembly. Floor and drywall will have to be redone. Just kind of messed up my summer. Instead of riding I'm dealing with this event, so I can get back into the shop by fall.
Thanx for the offer Mo. Any word from Dee about the hats and two missing shirts?

slow mo
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
hi Mack! glad things are not so bad ,,, i will check on the hats Friday i had eye surgery and have been a little held up ,,will report tomorrow ride safe ,,slow mo!

mack
08-22-2013, 06:18 AM
I finally got the hats boys. While it took a long time the quality is first rate. My cost was $12.60 per hat. Because I'm fair, I wear hats everyday and find it hard to get good ones. I can tell you that these are the best hats I've seen in quite some time. Don't feel obligated to buy one but if you want one we can make arrangements. I will be going to the next bike show in TO and could bring several with me.
Mo I have a shirt here for you as well.
Ron, I have both of your shirts now and will see you in Ottawa on 31 August.
Bruce I haven't forgot, the map will be in the mail tomorrow.
Grant

Phoenix Rider
08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I finally got the hats boys. While it took a long time the quality is first rate. My cost was $12.60 per hat. Because I'm fair, I wear hats everyday and find it hard to get good ones. I can tell you that these are the best hats I've seen in quite some time. Don't feel obligated to buy one but if you want one we can make arrangements. I will be going to the next bike show in TO and could bring several with me.
Mo I have a shirt here for you as well.
Ron, I have both of your shirts now and will see you in Ottawa on 31 August.
Bruce I haven't forgot, the map will be in the mail tomorrow.
Grant

Hey Mack,
I'll take 2 hats. Please and thank you.

Wayne

dpotter58
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey Mack,
I'll take 2 hats. Please and thank you.

Wayne

one for each head? :p

Phoenix Rider
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
one for each head? :p

I'm going to cut a hole in the top of one of them and find your cat.