PDA

View Full Version : What type of windshield is this?

TheRev
01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Hello All

I found this pic on a website (unfortunately the website is in Spanish and it gives no information about the bike.) Does anyone know what type of windshield this is? I like the look. It's simple and still looks aggressive. Thanks
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/pastorjared/Windshield_zpsf56ae0f0.jpg

jayel
01-27-2013, 03:59 PM
looks like it's just a flyscreen google "flyscreen windshield"

TheRev
01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
The flyscreen looks good with a rectangle headlight however it is hard to find one that would fit. Most of them are made for round headlight. I would like to keep the rectangle if I can. However, I would need to make it brighter somehow. Perhaps I need a HID kit or something.

Rasputin
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
I have to interject here that not all XS's are the same on this subject. My buddy had a flyscreen type windshield on his LH. Now the riding position of an LH is far different than on an SF or an E type bike. While sitting lower on the LH I was amazed at how well that windshield worked, but once I mounted the same windshield on my SF it did not work at all.
I found that I sat on top of my SF as I do on my E and far lower on the LH and that the same windshield would not do the same thing for both bikes.
While you may have differing results, that is what I found. Wasted money on something that worked on one bike but not the other. I guess what I am saying is take the info from someone who rides the same bike as you with similar biuld or you may have issues.

TheRev
01-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I have to interject here that not all XS's are the same on this subject. My buddy had a flyscreen type windshield on his LH. Now the riding position of an LH is far different than on an SF or an E type bike. While sitting lower on the LH I was amazed at how well that windshield worked, but once I mounted the same windshield on my SF it did not work at all.
I found that I sat on top of my SF as I do on my E and far lower on the LH and that the same windshield would not do the same thing for both bikes.
While you may have differing results, that is what I found. Wasted money on something that worked on one bike but not the other. I guess what I am saying is take the info from someone who rides the same bike as you with similar biuld or you may have issues.

WOW! Great point. I guess in never even thought of that. My bike is a 79 standard. I believe the model is a "F". Is the "LH" a standard? I am not that big. 5'11" and 185 lbs. Do you higher on a standard than you do on a special?