PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day 2005 Unrally

MartyA
01-30-2005, 07:41 PM
madbiker and I have been corresponding about getting together for Memorial Day Weekend since no one has mentioned any organized get-together yet.

We are calling it the "Unrally".

As of this writing, Ralph and Tracy and Sally and I are are planning to stay at the Econo Lodge in Elkins, WV.
http://hotels.national-park.com/West-Virginia/Elkins/10200070.html

It has 72 rooms on two floors, and I have no idea yet if it is booked.

We have no plans yet for routes, gas stops, food stops, T-shirts, and frankly I am not sure we will get to some of that between now and then. We plan to arrive Friday, ride Saturday and Sunday, go home Monday. Right now that is the extent of our planning. There are some great roads in WV, so I am not too worried about having fun.

I know this might be short notice, but Y'all are invited. Can we build on this? Any helpers / volunteers to assist? Favorite routes, interesting stops, good restaurants? I would like to do 250 - 300 miles of good twisties and sweepers each day.

Please reply to this if you are interested, and I will call the Econo Lodge and get then some idea about how many might attend, and if there is room there.

I hope to make one trip down there to get some route ideas.

MartyA
01-30-2005, 07:44 PM
another site for lodging:

http://www.scenic-america.com/westvirginia/senecarocks.htm

jetmechmarty
01-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Marty,

I'll send a PM when I get free, or post the best roads I've ridden here. I've ridden through WV on a motorcycle at least four times and it's always great.

MartyA
01-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks Marty. Send me some routes, we can collaborate off-line till we get a good idea what we want. Then I will run down there before spring and see if I can get some stops planned, for eats and for gas etc., unless you know all that stuff already. I know we have talked in the past about your many travels in WV. Is the Elkins area a good choice for riding?

Wanna be road captain? :D

gerkenbruce
01-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Guys,
Sounds like a great idea ..... is the "Unrally" gonna have a road captain ???
Does this mean you're taking the Venture?
Either way, I'd probably follow you guys anywhere ! Who's bringing the 7-up ? :D

XSively,
Bruce

madbiker
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
You asking for the job. A buddy from work is interested, but Him ad his girl both ride H.D.s . If he makes it there thats 2 -11s and 2 H.D.s.
Ralph & Tracy
80 Midnight Sp.- Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star- no name
97 650 Savage-no name

madbiker
01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Just booked a room for Tracy and I for that weekend as of right now they have lots of rooms. Phone # 1 304 636 5311 or use the
2nd site Marty posted under lodgings econo lodge Elkins.
Ralph

MartyA
01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
When I go to an XS rally I ride the XS. There are lots of other occasions to ride the Venture.

MartyA
01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
If you try the on-line reservation, be careful. The page I was on asking for name address and CC was NOT secure. Best to use the phone.

TopCatGr58
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey there MartyA,

Fraid I can't make this one, the Mrs has me signed up for a friggin' Ship Cruise the next weekend, and just can't get the time off, planning on making the NY East 05 rally though, in July! Have fun, don't forget to paint your muffler!
T.C.

MartyA
02-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Paint my muffler??? That would give me a shiny spot on the Mangler, then what would I do??? ;)

Well, we'll definitely miss you, big guy, but we'll look forward to keeping up with you in NY.

xsivebiker
02-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Unless that week-end is a total washout and it's "slam-hammering" the rain; count me in!
I just got finished with an Email to MartyA. 'Hope to have some good routes and senic stops on the agenda, not to mention good food also.
Email me directly if I can be of any assistance.
Ride Safe,
Greg

'80 XS1100-G "Christine"
'84 GL1200-I
'93 KLX650-C1

madbiker
02-06-2005, 07:17 AM
We were waiting to see if you jumped in before we tried to email you thanks for the help .
Ralph

MartyA
02-06-2005, 10:21 AM
XSellent! Got some great ideas from Greg!

Ralph Meeks
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys, Just booked a room.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Ralph Meeks

MartyA
02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Yay Ralph!! :D

No longer an "UnRally" although I kinda like the name.

We got lots of help from Marty in GA and TONS of suggestions from Greg xsivebiker in WV. Got some great routes picked out, gas stops planned, restaurants, heck we are even looking at getting shirts!!

madbiker
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
You know what they say. If you build it they will come.
I you say were people will show up.

Ralph
80 Midnight Sp.-Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star-unnamed
650 Savage-unnamed :D

Ralph Meeks
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Yea, this is the only one I can make till Ga. in the fall. Got the Scout trip to Philmont in June/July. Too much to do this summer. Glad to hear Marty in Ga. and Greg will be there too.

Ralph Meeks

MaximPhil
02-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Hamjam do you want to do this one? Only about 8 hours if we take the trailer. The big roads are twisty the little roads must be awesome. Let me know.
Maxim Phil

sixtysix
02-23-2005, 03:35 AM
I am going to this, if I actually call and make a reservation or something.

sixtysix
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Marty asked me to post this, a small taste of some roads for the rally:

/forum/images/tips/20050223-onesmall1.jpg

vanhump
03-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Hope to make the rally as Elkins is not far from my area. Couple hours ride. Would like to see a rally in the Roanoke, Va area. I mentioned this to topcat but then the computer broke and I never pursoed it any furthur. Not a long distance from Roanoke To Elkins and a lot of excellent roads in this area and not a lot of heavy traffic. I am right on the WV line about 20 minutes from White Sulphur Springs. A pretty weekend day will have upwards of 200 cycles going by the house.We are mountains and near several good towns to have for a central area.
Hump

MartyA
03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Greg xsivebiker continues to be a big help. For those travelling from the north and east, Greg knows of a good restaurant right off Rt. 68 in Maryland:

"...at Keysers Ridge, MD. there is a great truck
stop that has gasoline, a store and a very good
resturant. I've ate there probably a dozen times and
have never had poor service or food that wasn't great.
Keysers Ridge Truck Stop is open 24/7 and serve
breakfast anytime of day. They have just about
everything on the menu, including subs, burgers,
steak, seafood, ham, and pasta dishes. I love their
homefrys. They have two dining areas, one is smoke
free, one for smokers, both have televisions usually
tuned to the Weather Channel. I believe the exit off
of I-68 is 14-B, and it's probably about one mile off
of the interstate and is easy to find."

From that restaurant you can jump on Rt. 219 south right to Elkins.

sixtysix
03-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Here is the logo for the official unofficial unXSpected unrally t-shirt:

/forum/images/tips/20050302-unrally_2005_wv_shirt_logo_2.jpg

Ralph Meeks
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Ain't that something.

Make mine a large.

ralph meeks

madbiker
03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Ok. Guys I 'm doing the shirts for this Rally. Since as Marty said I'm closer to the civilization then he does so if you like the design as much as I do . I thought my buddy did a great job on it. I'm going to start looking for a printer and get prices for shirts . Post here what sizes and how many and as soon as i talk to some printers I will let you know the colors. I'm looking into black, blue, and a maroon .
Ralph Madbiker80
Midnight Sp.-Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star-unnamed
97 650 Savage-unnamed

sixtysix
03-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I want a XXL and a XL in maroon.

xsivebiker
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Put me down for four. Two mediums and two large.
'Gotta take care of the "kids" especially since they won't be there. Harr Harr !!
Ride Safe,
Greg
'79 XL250-S
'80 XS1100-G "Christine"
'93 KLX650-C1
'84 GL1200-I [parts bike] 'Need a similar "body" for a 'mighty fine engine to swap into.

xsivebiker
03-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention that I'd like to have all the shirts in black. Sorry.
Ride Safe,
Greg

cmohler
03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
ralph, you guys are going all out for the unrally. shirts. next there'll be corporate sponsors and vendors showing up. my hotel is booked. i will be there.

madbiker
03-05-2005, 09:49 AM
We do that every year with the shirts so post the size you want for you and Fran. Tomorrows first might be a little cold for that. I'm ready to ride .
Ralph:D

madbiker
03-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Bud
Post the sizes you need I'll get a count on the amout of shirts that need to be made find out the costs. Let every body know how much and where to send the money. It's a cheap way to remember the trip . First Sunday is tomorrow might be to cold for that but I might try to make there any way.
Ralph

cmohler
03-05-2005, 05:34 PM
i'm sleeping in. i'll make it one of these sundays. shirts 2 large

madbiker
03-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I want to go but at 8:30 it might just be to cold . The unrally is starting to roll along pretty good now the guy from chester co. can't make it so its you and Fran ,me And Tracy from here so far .
Ralph

Scootstado2
03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm in. Put me down for 1 large Black or Maroon shirt. I'm going to stay Monday night anybody else?

MartyA
03-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Part of my post on the Yahoo site:

I know we did WV last year, but this is a different part, and heck,
WV just has some of the nicest roads. I have had some suggestions from jetmechMarty in GA who has travelled a lot of WV roads, and LOTS of help from Greg xsesivebiker, who lives near Summersville, WV and who has also travelled often on these routes. We are looking at mostly sweepers with a few twisties. I will be going down there for a scouting trip in the spring, if that EVER arrives, to be sure of the roads, restaurants, and rest / gas stops.

The schedule:
Friday, May 27 - arrive at the Econo Lodge, meet and BS. (Those of you who NEED to polish your bikes may do so.:)) We will find a big room and all gather.

Saturday, May 28 - breakfast and then kickstands up by 9 AM, ride all day, stopping for lunch and maybe a scenic spot or two. Depending upon the time, we will stop for supper after the ride in Elkins, or nearby as we end the day. There will be lots of gas stops so you can bring your Special if you want. :))

Sunday, May 29 - basically same as Saturday, different route.
Monday, May 30 - departures for home.

I have a 'Northern Route' and a 'Southern Route' planned so far, one goes around Elkins in the north an one travels towards the south of Elkins.

I am sure this will be like other XS rallies, there will be some solo riders with hi-tech bikes, and couples riding 2-up (Sally is planning to ride along with me on the XS), some cruisers, the prerequisite H-D or two, so the riding rules will be the same as most XS rallies. "Faster" bikes to the front, "slower" 2-up types and 'low-riders' towards the back, everyone meets at the next intersection where we have to turn. Staggered riding on longer straight roads (although not too many of these) and single file on the narrow twisty roads. I will have maps for everyone, no one will get lost. Pick your comfort level and just enjoy the ride.

See you there!

Huron52
03-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi guys ...

Just got off the phone with the Econo Lodge. I have a room.
I am going stag to this one. Lynn can't take the long run down and back. Also she hasn't got that many holidays.

Order me 2 large T shirts. Will bring american money with me.

Am I going to be the only token Canadian this year again?

Ralph Meeks
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome Tom,
It will be good to see you again.

Ralph Meeks

madbiker
03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I was wondering when we would hear from you about a this. Glad your coming this year. I'll take your order on the shirts and let you know the colors I 'll be order them in when i meet the printer or whoever I get them from.
Ralph & Tracy:D
80 Midnight Sp-Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star-unnamed
650 Savage-unnamed

MaximPhil
03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Huron52
Hi guys ...

I am going stag to this one. Lynn can't take the long run down and back. Also she hasn't got that many holidays.

Hi Tom and others,
I am working on HamJam for this one. This area of WV has always interested me. I leave for Florida on wednesday ( in the Cage) and will once again pass though WV without stopping:(
MaximPhil

Huron52
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Will Jim be bring his new bike?????

madbiker
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Whats this Jim has a new bike?

hamjam
03-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I have a new bike ?? kewl what is it ?? I didnt know that , hang on ,........ nope nothin new in the garage
I wish people would tell me stuff, I'm the last one to know , the last thing I got was a bunch of pictures of guys where it was tres chaud and i was tres jealous :D
Jim

madbiker
03-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Hows it going Jim are you comming to W.V. Had a great time in Canada last year . Now its our turn to showyou agood time south of the border.
Ralph & Tracy
80. Midnight Sp.-Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star- unnamed
97 650 Savage- unnamed

Huron52
03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
What ? Anne wouldn't let you have the money?

I was sure you had the bike bought at the show in January. It did look good on you...er No no... you looked good on the bike!

So Jim are you goin a to come to West Virginia?

And yes I already have 2000 kilometers on the bike this year.

mastan
03-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, my schedule just cleared and I got the OK from swmbo, so I'M IN! Gotta call the hotel tomorrow and make reservations. I checked on line and it appears that there are rooms available. I'd like to get one xxl t-shirt in maroon if they are still available. See you all on Memorial wkd.
Later,
Mark Stanton

MartyA
03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Will be good to see you again, Mark.

If you haven't called yet, when you do call could you ask the motel how they are doing for that weekend? Packed? Lots of rooms?

Thanks!

mastan
03-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Marty:
I called and booked my room this morning and she said they still had lots of rooms available. When I called the number on the web site, it called Dell tech support for some reason. The correct number is 304-636-5311.
Mark

MartyA
03-14-2005, 06:29 PM
That's funny. I don't think there is ANYthing on an XS that Dell could deal with...:D

Can't wait to see hamjams' new ride.

madbiker
03-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok. Guys
Just got off the phone with the printer. He told me the shirts can be made for around then $10.00. So as off right now I'm taking orders for the shirts. I'm look at 2 colors for the shirts to be printed on Black and Maroon . I will order 12 of each. So I'm putting a oder in for 24 shirts 12 black 12 maroon. Unless there are more of one then the other, then the most orders win :D .
Email me with your orders at ratrhemiw@msn.com would like to get to the printer before the end of the month.
Ralph the Madbiker
96 Royal Star-unnamed
97 650 Savage-unnamed

madbiker
03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Put shirts in the subjet line please.

madbiker
03-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Going to the printers this week . :D So if you didn't place your order or if you did and didn't hear from me email me at ratrhemiw@msn.com . I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Ralph the Madbiker
80 Midnight Sp - Evil Mistress
96 Royal Star - unnamed
97 650 savage - unnamed

madbiker
04-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Went to the printers this weekend. Shirts cost $10.00 a shirt. Shipping is extra or I will take them all to W.V. for those that can and will be there if you won't be there send me your address and I will find out the cost of shipping. Everybody that order one and will be there, a can send a check or m/o to Ralph Waltman, 3942 Marietta Ave ,Columbia, Pa. 17512. At this time I'm only ordering what was asked for there will be no extra unless I change my mind. So if you want to order one email me by Wed. night . ratrhemiw@msn.com :D Hoping everyone that comes has a great time.
Ralph the Madbiker:)

MaximPhil
04-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Huron52
Hi guys ...

Hi Tom,
Looks as though HamJam is convinced as he is now looking for a trailer to beg/borrow. Any leads would be appreciated. Needs to be big enough for 2 possibly 3 bikes.
Down Friday back Monday... I feel a cough coming on already
as i too do not have many holidays. American money is really useful in US :-) Lennert has other commitments that week end.
Maxim Phil

hamjam
04-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi guys and gurls
Today I sold My XS to my friend Gary , he was at 'the county' ride on
his honda , so I know it will be in good hands , probably mine , Gary
is not too mechanically inclined I went for a short ride and was
it ever nice to be on the bike again
It was a tough decision but I needed something easier to ride, so
instead of getting a bergman or a special I bought a new Nomad
Anne-Marie and I decided to do some touring and this seemed more
suitable so I hope to see some of you guys soon
Jim

MartyA
04-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Well, himself checks in! :D :D

So what is a Nomad, one of those GMC SUV things?

Does this mean you are coming to WV?

sixtysix
04-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the former XS11 owners club......:D! I hope to see you soon as well.

Originally posted by hamjam
Hi guys and gurls
Today I sold My XS to my friend Gary , he was at 'the county' ride on
his honda , so I know it will be in good hands , probably mine , Gary
is not too mechanically inclined I went for a short ride and was
it ever nice to be on the bike again
It was a tough decision but I needed something easier to ride, so
instead of getting a bergman or a special I bought a new Nomad
Anne-Marie and I decided to do some touring and this seemed more
suitable so I hope to see some of you guys soon
Jim :D

hamjam
04-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Marty It's one of these
http://www.kawasaki.ca/cruiser/1600Nomad/

hamjam
04-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks Gary ......so ...........see you at the un rally?

madbiker
04-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Jim your gone bring that new toy down here ain't ya.

hamjam
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
ya think :D

MartyA
04-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Yep, I was right. One of those gas guzzling land yachts... Probably has cruise control and is shiney all over... :D :D

MaximPhil
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey Jim, so now the cat is out of the bag and we can talk about the Nomad. We still need a trailer as although a lot easier for you to ride WV is a long way for the week end.
Maxim Phil

Huron52
04-06-2005, 03:52 AM
See Marty...... I told you here first..... It just took Jim and little while to...... er....... ummm. Tell us. LOL

I hope that , that gets you to ride for many more years to come!

hamjam
04-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks Tom It should be a lot easier for me to 'just drop in ' at your place now for dinner :D
Jim

sixtysix
04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks Gary ......so ...........see you at the un rally?

Well yes!

If the trailer thing doesn't work out...you can always ride to my house, stay here, borrow my truck and trailer, go to WVa, come back to my house....ride home. Problem is I only have a two seater truck, I would not recommend sitting in the extended cab section for long. You guys don't mind all sleeping on the queen size sofa bed.. do you?

hamjam
04-06-2005, 02:07 PM
hmmm how many bikes will your trailer hold ??
Jim

Rap is to music as etch-a-scetch is to art

sixtysix
04-06-2005, 02:30 PM
hmmm how many bikes will your trailer hold ??
Jim

Rap is to music as etch-a-scetch is to art

Only holds two. Same as the cab.......sounds like you will need a U-Haul for more than 2.

cmohler
04-06-2005, 04:20 PM
what's all this talk about trailers. i thought you got a bike so you can ride to where you want to go. i know i'm just a harley rider and i don't know much, but hey that's just my thoughts. :mad:

cmohler
04-09-2005, 05:45 AM
sorry i didn't know you guys were crossing the border to come down here. just a bit farther than i have to go. keep forgeting this is international club.

madbiker
04-09-2005, 10:45 AM
The orders in. Tues. is the drop dead day for orders after that they are printing the order . Those of you who did not contact me please do so, your order was placed but ,I would like to hear from you . Those that did Thank You:D See ya in W.V.
Ralph the Madbiker:cool:

madbiker
04-09-2005, 10:48 AM
There are no extras ordered at this time 30 ordered.
Ralph

MartyA
05-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Indy Rick has a nice blog going for the Indiana rally, so he could post a web page with a list of attendees. I don't have a website, but I would like to post one comprehensive list of attendees, which I think I will just do here in the forum.

Could all you attendees email me, list:

name,
spouse/significant other/riding companion,
bike model and yr,
and let me know if you can only make the Saturday ride.

Add in friends or others that you know are coming, with their bikes.

We have what looks like 2 terrific routes for Saturday and Sunday.

If everyone shoots me an email quickly, I'll get to the list by the end of the week. I'm in Chicago (actualy Elgin) right now, for a week of work.

MartyA
05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Here is what I have so far (in no particular order):

Ralph Meeks 79F
Ralph Waltman and Tracy 80 Midnight Special
Friends Bud Mohler 95 H-D
Fran Sipel 00 H-D
Gary Campbell and Cindy 80G
Friends Kieth 05 Gold Wing
Otto 05 FJR 1300
Brent Hoovestal and daughter H-D?
Gary Granger 00 Triumph Trophy (most likely)
Dena Granger 02 Triumph Sprint ST
Russ Nuthman 80G
Mark Stanton 78E
Jim Hamilton 05 Nomad
Phil C XJ650 Maxim
Gary C 78E
Tom Cale FJR 1300
Van Humphries 80G (said he was coming haven't heard lately)
Me of course and Sally on the Mangler

Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did go ahead and check in. Some bikes are missing, some folks can't follow directions. I hope that gets better... :)

Statistics:
Attendees -- 22
Bikes -- 22
XS/XJ -- 9
Other -- 9

Huron52
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by MartyA
some folks can't follow directions. I hope that gets better... :)

There were directions? When did that happen?

MartyA
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
"Third star on the right, straight on till dawn...."

:D :D :D :D

xsivebiker
05-10-2005, 08:29 AM
O.K. Marty; you can call me Gary if you wish, and after all those Emails?? lol I've sure been called worse. Nothing wrong with Gary, as long as you don't get me and Mr. Granger confused!
'Just having a little fun with your "typeo".
It could have been worse; if you would have had me riding with a female other than Cindy; I'd STILL be in the dog house AND with alot of explaining to do!
Ride Safe,
GREG C.
'80 XS1100-G "Christine"
'93 KLX650-C1

P.S. You've got me so confused,----- I'm going out right now and change the oil and oil filter on Christine,--- if her name hasn't changed too!!! lol Just kidding; not about the oil change though.

Ralph Meeks
05-10-2005, 10:47 AM
"Third star on the right, straight on till dawn...."

That's me brother.

ralph meeks

MartyA
05-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry Greg! :o :o :o
The sun was in my eyes, my shoelace was untied....

And further clarification, (hope THIS is right)

Phil D=Phil Delahaye
Gary C=Gary Conboy

MartyA
05-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I see I can't count either...:rolleyes:

madbiker
05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
So Marty did you hear from Brent then? Ralph is Bob coming? I think that statememt for when they get us lost down there Ralph. Its so we can find are way home or the motel which ever comes first:). Is it time to leave yet ?
Ralph

Huron52
05-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Lost? ok.... that's it! I am bring my GPS for sure!

Don't leave home without it!

madbiker
05-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I never get lost to many people re telling me where to go :D < and they ain't nice about like you guys are . Where they tell me to go your Gps won't work.
Ralph

MaximPhil
05-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Marty,
Looking good so far. Do we have 18 bikes coming with 22 people? I think HamJam and I have the last room at the Inn.
Thanks for pulling the Unrally together for us all to enjoy.
MaximPhil aka Phil D

MartyA
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Phil and all, you are quite welcome, but there was (still is) lots of help. Let me name them in case I hit the lottery and you guys never hear from me again...;)

Greg xsessivebiker Campbell had the misfortune of having to ride a lot of these roads several times and send me feedback. A lot of the routes are based on his input and suggestions. Poor guy lives down there. :p

Gary sixtysix tolerated my 200 emails and fine-tuned the routes. Wih his vast knowlege of old bike rallies I was able to make some sense of and bring some order to the 2 days. I'd still be waffling without his direction.

Ralph madbiker did all the shirt work, and of course is responsible for suggesting it in the first place. It all started when he mentioned that no one was planning a Memorial day rally and we should get together with our wives and ride somewhere in WV.

So really I did the easy stuff, found an old map and wrote some routes down.

MartyA
05-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Ralph Meeks said his friend Bob Laton is coming, riding a 03 H-D.

19 bikes 23 people

MartyA
05-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I thought we would get a few folks on a list for cell phones, for the trip to Elkins. Some of us ARE on older bikes and may need to contact someone.

Mostly this is just to let someone know if you don't show up you are OK. If you are broke down someone might be able to help, depending on what's broke and how close you are to somebody else.

IF you want to participate shoot me an email with your cell #, name, and where you are coming from,with a couple of the main routes you will be travelling. I'll take all that info, make a list, and email back all of those who sent me a phone number with the list.

MartyA
05-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Jetmechmarty just checked in. 80SG from Hotlanta area.
May ride up with Brent

20 bikes 24 folks.

Ralph Meeks
05-13-2005, 04:28 PM
HEy Marty, Glad you are going to make it.

ralph meeks

Ron
05-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey there boys and girls.

:)

Former XS owners indeed. hahah I haven't logged into this site in waaaaaay too long. Much like I haven't seen my Ontario XSives in waaaay too long. Jim, I swear I'll get out there soon! maybe even within a week. ;) I am still kind of busy with 'things' at the moment.

After dusting off the 'wing after a year of almost no use, I am ready to ride. Had fun last year in other endevours and didn't really ride much, now I'm back to riding. :) I have had a lot of changes in my personal life, nothing really significant to report as 'news' just a lot of uncertainty. Right now I'm settling in my 4th 'home' in the last year, and unemployed. But i have a decent severance package and am not looking for work right away. Time to RIDE! (except these pesky job leads keep coming up I need to follow up on. heheh)

I spent most of last week riding around northern ontario to clear my head and get some riding in. Went to Port Dover for the Friday the 13th party / rally too. http://www.pd13.com/ The bike is running pretty good ('81 GL1100 STD). Might need new rubber but otherwise hoding together OK. Yes Marty, the clutch is still fine LOL. The top end rework I did last spring is still holding together. The hot start problem that was plaguing me for years seems to be gone. It must have been buildup in the valvetrain after all. ::crosses fingers:: I'd like to upgrade to braided brake lines and new rear suspension and new seat but with zero income I'll make do with what I've got. ;) Everything else functioning well. Brakes are solid, just not RockSolid. heheh

I will have a look at the route later today / tomorrow to work out distances and such. See what my budget is going to have to be for fuel. What are prices in the states like? right now in Ontario it is around $0.80 to $0.90 per litre. roughly $3.50 a gallon for regular gas. Is there a camping option, or is it hotel only? I'm looking for cheap place to stay; as usual. I welcome floor space. ;) ;) Have sleeping bag and air matress; I have slept on gravel so I'm not too picky about where I get some Z's. Even slept sitting on the ground leaning against bike once. But that was a mistake; people kept crowding around and taking my picture so I didn't end up sleeping much. hahah, crazy people, didn't they see anyone sleeping before??

Ron.

mail me direct if you wish ron.lyman at gmail dot calm.

MartyA
05-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Well I thought you fell off the edge. How ya doing!! I am sure someone will pipe in with some floor space, not me, not this time, wifey is coming along, sorry. I would be glad to share, Ron, you know that.

Around here regular is between $1.99 and $2.10 USD per gallon.

C'mon down, we'll take up a collection if necessary. That GW ought to get back to Canada on a tank, eh?

Huron52
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Might have room on my floor but can't guarrentee it right now.

There might be another Ontarian coming with me. He is very interested in coming. I can't even remember whether I have one double bed or two.

Won't know until next week sometime. I can post before I leave home Friday morning if that works. Or even thursday night.

Nice to hear from you, Ron and Marty took the words right out of my mouth. Darn you Marty LOL

Ron
05-17-2005, 04:48 PM
So you're bringing SWMBO along, and you're willing to share? nice. LOL ;) No worries Marty I totally understand. Giving thought to me is more than enough, no need to apologise at all. :)

Will be good to see you rascals again. I promise not to leave my pants in the bar this time! hahaha

And while the idea of a collection is cool, I'm not looking for charity, i.e. me costing anyone anything. Just for a deal on accomodation, if you get my drift. I do have some money (hence my not looking real hard for work) I'm just wanting to be frugal with it so it lasts. I guess I've always been this way though, so it is business as usual! :)

Hey tom if you have space on the floor I'd be happy as a pig in ****. And they are happy! See those grins? That'll be me. Especially after backpacking in Ecuador this past January, I can get by on really limited accomodations and be happy. :D

Of course I will be more than happy to shell out for part of the rental. Not looking to be a complete mooch, just spending wisely. I don't need a whole room, I don't even need a bed. Hell I don't even need a room if the weather, law, and creepy crawlies are decent. :D But I am bed-trained if one is available. heheh

sixtysix
05-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Ron,

Good to hear you are still alive and well! Are you riding down with Jim and Phil?

Dena and I have a single king bed in our room so no extra at this point...sorry man.

We are leaving here Friday morning for a quick 8-10 hour ride down to Elkins.

Gas is a bit more expensive here $2.16 - $2.36 per gal. right now, PA and WV will be slightly cheaper.

:) you are riding this year, :( you are gainfully unemployed, :D you are coming to the rally!!

MartyA
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
"...I'm not looking for charity..."

Oh, you'll pay. No doubts there...

:p :p Har har har.

Be sure your tires are in top shape, we have some awesome roads to run chasing sixtysix.
:D :D

sixtysix
05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
"
Be sure your tires are in top shape, we have some awesome roads to run chasing sixtysix.
:D :D

HaHaHa..........I will be chasing the long stream of sparks from your mufflers...the Muffler Mangler lives!

Reguardless.....it seems we do have some nice roads to cover!

MartyA
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
:p

madbiker
05-17-2005, 06:37 PM
T- 10 days and counting till lift off. It sounds like the gangs all here :D . Is everyone one primed and ready.
Ralph

Huron52
05-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sixtysix

We are leaving here Friday morning for a quick 8-10 hour ride down to Elkins.

Nice to see that you have to ride as far as me...:rolleyes:

jetmechmarty
05-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I just finished putting 4 new Dunlops on my bikes. It looks like I'm go! I'll be leaving Thursday AM or PM depending on whether my daughter takes the pillion.

Ron
05-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Not sure who I'm coming down with at this point. If I have the time I will join Jim and Phil on Thursday eve, otherwise it'll be Friday blast down superslab with the other Ontario guys.

MaximPhil
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Ron,
Gpood to hear you are coming too. You know Jim & I plan to leave on Thursday evening and go via Buffalo and then follow hwy 219 all the way to Elkins stopping somewhere overnight.
Hope to meet Marty for Breakfast Friday AM... somewhere in PA.
Call to discuss .
Maxim Phil

MartyA
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
:D

Huron52
05-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Ron You have two Pm's

Brent
05-23-2005, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madbiker
[B]So Marty did you hear from Brent then?

No one has heard much from me (Brent). I retired from the fire dept, and have been working over 50 hours per week at my part time job.

But, I am planning on being there in WV. Marty H. (jetmech marty), myself and my 12 yr old daughter Leeanne are riding out Wed PM and plan to arrive fri night. staying untill Mon am. I put a new rear tire on the RED HD today. ( Shop did mounting and balancing).

Now to continue looking for hotel and T-shirt info.

Happy motoring, Brent in GA

Brent
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by madbiker
The orders in. Tues. is the drop dead day for orders after that they are printing the order . Those of you who did not contact me please do so, your order was placed but ,I would like to hear from you . Those that did Thank You:D See ya in W.V.
Ralph the Madbiker:cool:

Hi Ralph, can I Order some T-shirts? I want an Adult Large, and an adult small (2 total). I prefer long sleeve grey, but will be happy with what ever is avbailable. I am sure the price is fair and I am good for it.

Thanks, Brent in GA

madbiker
05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Brent email at ratrhemiw@msn.com
Ralph

MartyA
05-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Darrell newc4 from DC just checked in, he is a late sign-up. He says the Econolodge is full but the Days Inn just down the road gave him a room, if any more of you characters want to still come and the Econolodge is full.

Huron52
05-23-2005, 05:52 PM
you characters?

Now what are really trying to say!

madbiker
05-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Its gonna be a long week :D
Ralph

Huron52
05-23-2005, 06:32 PM
For a rally that started as the unrally... thoughts that nothing was going to happen next weekend to the motel is sold out.

My thanks go out to Ralph and Marty for starting something here.

And for everyone that is going to come to this event...because if not you guys and gals it would still be an unrally.

Two thumbs up....

Huron52
05-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by madbiker
Its gonna be a long week :D
Ralph

It will be here before you know it .....

Brent
05-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Darrell newc4 from DC just checked in, he is a late sign-up. He says the Econolodge is full but the Days Inn just down the road gave him a room, if any more of you characters want to still come and the Econolodge is full.

Days inn in Elkins only had rooms for fri and sun when I called last night. Looks like Super 8 is booked too. (may be room if a cancellation comes in.)

I booked a room at Canaan Vally resort state park. Cabins are full but rooms in lodge are available. It is about 30 min from Elkins. Audra state park has camping available on first come first serve basis and does not reserve sites.

OOOOh ... I have gone from "not enough time to get ready" to "I can hardly wait. "

madbiker
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
T- 3 days and counting oil change done , tires checked , bolts retighted , lost bolts replaced, no tickets so far and systemson stand by for lift off. :D Bud and I'll be coming down 81 early friday moring.
Ralph

vanhump
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Is there a central gathering place for getting together as it looks like people will be at different locations? I plan to ride up Sat. morning early as it is only about an hour and fifteen minutes from here.Spotted a xs1100 full dresser across the mountain from me Sunday, but didnt get a chance to stop and talk. If I can run across him will try to talk him into riding up.
Hump

MaximPhil
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Bags are packed one more day of work and I am off to Elkins !!
Vanhump looks as though most are at the Econolodge so look for us there. Marty we will call you Thursday evening when we know what the hell we are doing.
Maxim Phil

Scootstado2
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Going be heading out for the "Un-Rally" tomorrow AM. Stopping for the night in Chambersburg, PA then off to Elkins. Be riding the Beemer and looking forward to seeing all the Xsive's again.

Later...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain

jetmechmarty
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
My youngest daughter is up for the ride. We're off tomorrow afternoon. We'll see you all when we get there. Maybe Friday. Might be Sat night.

MartyA
05-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Kickstands up 8:30 AM Saturday in the Econolodge parking lot, looking for breakfast.
How's that for starters?

madbiker
05-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Russ were leaving Lancaster Pa. about 8:30 should be around 9:30-10:00 . We'll kep a eye out for you . You"ll be on 81 right ?
Ralph

madbiker
05-26-2005, 03:23 AM
9:30-10:00 friday moring
Ralph

MartyA
05-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Sorry I didn't get to scout around so as far as eating / meeting arrangements we will have to wing it.

I don't know if the Econolodge has a restaurant or not, and I prefer to eat where people are paid to prepare food, not beds. If there is some sort of large gathering area on the ground floor we can hang out there Friday evening as everyone arrives. Otherwise in the past everyone gathers in my room, bring a chair.

Are we there yet???

Huron52
05-26-2005, 03:26 AM
Anyone who knows where the motel is in Elkins want to mapquest it?

MartyA
05-26-2005, 03:35 AM
The one web site has the street address. It is as far as I could mapsonus says it is east of Elkins on the north side of rt 33.

cmohler
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM
i believe there is a bob evans in town and a couple of steak houses and fast food as usual

MartyA
05-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks! I like Bob Evans for breakfast.

madbiker
05-26-2005, 06:09 PM
by 8:30 in the moring we'll be on the way any word from Jim and his crew
Ralph

Ralph Meeks
05-26-2005, 06:30 PM
BOb and I are ready to hit the road about 7:00 in the morning. Gonna take the scenic route so it will be later Friday afternoon before we get there.
I've been ready to go for a darn week.

ralph meeks

MartyA
05-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Thurs. 10:30 PM No word from the Canadians yet.

madbiker
05-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I left a message for on his cell that we'd be in chambersburg about 9"30 10:00 didn't hear from him either. see ya tomorrow.:D
Ralph

madbiker
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
for Russ it getting late need sleep
Ralph

MartyA
05-26-2005, 08:26 PM
The Banner didn't show up, so we'll have to get together without it.

I am leaving right after I find some shop to inspect the XS. Silly me I thought the Venture had the old sticker.... doh...:o

Huron52
05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Almost all packed...

Plan to leave at 6am or there abouts

MartyA
05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Phil just called, the Canadians made it this far!

randy
05-27-2005, 01:49 PM
You all have an XScessively safe and happy trip. Sorry I can't be there, but I'll see some of you on July 4!

cmohler
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
made it home 3:30pm. no problems.

MartyA
05-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Made it home 4:25, stopped for breakfast and dinner.

Hit by a gully washer in PA for about 45 minutes. Completely dark, couldn't see 10 feet. Bike stumbled just a couple of times but otherwise ran great.

Thank you all for showing up and making it a RALLY!:D :D :D Sally is still retelling it over and over. She loved it too.

madbiker
05-30-2005, 03:05 PM
got home around 3:00 too high and dry great time in W.V.
Ralph :D

sixtysix
05-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Dena and I made it home safe about 5:30pm, Marty and Ralph really threw a great rally!

Only got a few drops of rain on us, we were in front, behind, beside of rain in several spots but only saw a couple wet roads. We were 100% sure from the look of the sky were going to get rain at the NY PA border and put on the rain gear, this insured a rain free trip!

Rear tire is completly bald, I was worried the last 200 miles it would not make it, started losing bigger chunks of rubber, but cool wet pavement in spots probably kept the cord from showing!

Had some extra vibration from the 'problem' will have to yank chain and sprockets for a complete check-out.

Ralph Meeks
05-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Bob and I got home about 3:30pm. No rain and no big traffic problem. Most of the traffic was heading north. NO rain.

Gary, glad you and Dena made it ok. We were worried about the click.click.

GREAT Unrally guys. We enjoyed it. THANKS.

Ralph Meeks & BOb.

sixtysix
05-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks Ralph (and Marty who called)(and Ralph W for the offer of help it broke) for the concern, it's great having friends like you! I hope it turns out to be a minor issue....I am ordering tires right now, will tear into someday soon.

Some numbers from the GPS:

Max Speed 94.3mph
Moving time 28hrs 11mins
Moving Ave Speed 56.1mph
Trip Odometer 1583 miles

;) not a bad weekend, uploading photos as we speak.

mastan
05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey all:
Made it home. Skirted the rain most of the day, but it added another 100 miles. Oh well:) Only got caught once in a terrific thunderstorm, but other than that made it dry. 370 miles for a trip total of 1130.
What a great rally! Hats off to all of you who put this all together.
Mark Stanton
78XS11e (wash me now!)

MaximPhil
05-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi All what a fabulous rally . I made it home about 7:30pm and after a Tea, (hot with milk for those from the south) Jim was on to his house and home by9:00pm. Managed to avoid most of the rain. stopped in DuBois overnight and only about an hour of light rain this morning.
Maxim Phil

MartyA
05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Mark, that was me waving. We stopped for breakfast, that's how you got in front. I should have realized you were travelling that far that route, I woulda ridden with you and bought you breakfast.

sixtysix
05-31-2005, 04:35 AM
Put some pictures up on imagestaion...must be a member and signed in etc.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2125996470&code=16308764&mode

It should work, if not let me know...the linking option seems to be gone.

vanhump
05-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Sounds like an excellent rally and sorry I missed it. Would like to have met everybody. Pulled the MC to end of drivewat Fri. evening to get ready to leave and gas was pooring from the breather.

well had to remove carbs and now waiting on parts from p and more. Hope to make another before summer is over.

mastan
05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125965117
Heres some pics. Hope the link works.
Mark

madbiker
05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay guys and girls
I was asked over the weekend about a second run on the shirts .I can do this for everyone but unless I get a large order it will cost a little more plus shipping this is a rough quote from the printer $12.00. It could be less if you want one e-mail me at ratrhemiw@msn.com We need 12 before we get started.
Had a great time this weekend if you missed it, you don't want to miss another one. Marty had some great roads picked out, had a nice place to stay, no one got hurt and we only bent the speed limits a bit. Right Marty, Gary, Ralph M.and any one else in the front of the pack. :D
Ralph the Madbiker

Ralph Meeks
05-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Ralph, you know we never do things like that. Especially with the Sate Police watching us.

Ralph Meeks

we only bent the speed limits a bit. Right Marty, Gary, Ralph M.and any one else in the front of the pack. :D
Ralph the Madbiker [/B][/QUOTE]

Huron52
05-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi All just got in.....

I also want to thank the guys and gals that made this thing work.

A couple of oops, and a all most fix in the parking lot and a couple of beer drank.

Good roads and good people!!!

My GPS wasn't on all the time ( at meal times and over night but here there are

Highest speed 101mph

Overall average speed 39.8 mph

Driving average speed 51 mph

Driving time 35 hours 25 minutes

Stop time 10 hours

Total time 45 hours 25 minutes

Note that the GPS readings are in MPH I use it to get my ground speed in the USA
Don't have to convert on the run!

Total distance 3061 kms from home to back home

Ok so I had to pick up Maryland and I was in Bay City MI today

madbiker
05-31-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't know how fast we were going I'm still want on the part for the speedo that I order when i got my last ticket on the Mistress. Like I told that nice officer it just broke yesterday and I just order the part today, you know how it is its a good thing he didn't ask how it broke .I don't thinkl pegging a 85mph for a long time is a good reply.
Ralph the Madbiker
96 Royal Star-unamed
97 650 Savage-unamed

Huron52
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
hmmmmm I guess Marty was right.... The guys in the back have to ride faster.

I don't know where I did that speed .... I was on I 75 today and if you didn't do 80mph you weren't in the pack!

Ralph Meeks
05-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Yea Tom, that is why I try to stay in the front. Easier riding.

Glad you are home ok.

Ralph Meeks

Scootstado2
06-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Back home at 18:00 hours. Great Rally! Thanks to Ralph, Marty & Greg. Your homework paid off big time! Great rides, t-shirts and people make for great rally's. Ron, Greg , Marty & Brent did not get on their way until around noon on 5/31. Kids looked pooped out maybe do to low blood sugar.

Regards, Russ, 1980XS1100G, 1991 BMW K1

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain

Scootstado2
06-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Great pic's Mark & Gary! You guys captured some of the best and unxspected portions of an overall great rally. Now if you could only tell me who was that intelligent looking guy with the Cigar & Bud?

Regards, Russ, 1980XS1100G, 1991 BMW K1

Ron
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, quick post to let y'all know I have arrived at Brent's place in Atlanta. I will make my way to Americade maybe for the 9th or so. We came down through deals gap, Suches, etc. Damned nice roads. Weee!

Thanks everyone for showing up, it was a pleasure to ride wiyh ou all again. Hope to see y'all agiain in the near future.

Ron.

Brent is over my shoulder and says hi.

Ron
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Also, Marty and Lacey departed our company about an hour form their home on familiar roads so they should be back safe and sound by now. The kids were great hopefully they will have XSes of their own in a decade or so. :) We stayed the first night soemwhere between Bluefield and Taswell and the second night in Sevierville, TN.

Keeping the shiny side up,
Ron.

jetmechmarty
06-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I got in 45 minutes ago. Good ride! I had a great time with Ron, Brent, and the girls on the way home. It was good to see all of you again.

madbiker
06-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Ron if you want a shirt email me at ratrhemiW@msn.com with size and cloor black or maroon .
Ralph

madbiker
06-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Going to try this heres more pics http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125754683
Ralph

TopCatGr58
06-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Looks like it was a great UN-Rally there MartyA!!

But just look at what Brent started,:eek: you let in 1 Harley Rider, and before you know it, you got a whole bunch ! :p Now Brent still qualifies as an Xsive since he still has ?Holohololani? !!;)

But, like you said in the beginning, it was an "UN" Rally, guess that meant Un-Xsive as well!! :rolleyes: :p
Wish I had been able to be there, planning on making the VJMC in October. Will see you and hopefully a few others in NY!
Glad it was a safe one as well! :D

MartyA
06-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes we did miss chasing you, big guy. See yer in New Yawk.

Brent
06-06-2005, 08:18 AM
What a great unexpected ralley. Really beautiful and curvy roads, a good variety too. In WV, it goes on and on and on.

Ron got a new back tire in Bristol Tenn. He scuffed off the slick new part spinning and grinning by the parking lot of the MC store. We all left as soon as a spectator crowd began forming.
Ride from Tenn to GA was wet. Spent a day resting, a day wrenching, cleaning and riding, a day riding and eating (best BBQ in GA). Sunday morning early we were up for Ride for Kids pediatric brain tumer foundation fund raiser ride. Ron headed south for Florida.

Daughter Leeanne rode with Dad for 8 days, rested 1, then back on for a shopping trip.

SWMBO said "family and one bike disappeared, and after one week showed up looking years older" (and maybe wiser).

Happy motoring,
Brent in GA

Ron
06-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Had a really great time visiting with Brent and family in GA. They do some good barbecue down there too! Nice to meet the other Red Knights and see them off to the ride for kids, hope that went well.

I made it to Greenville NC and found my step sister. Lucky found her immediately under her maiden name. Still on my way home from the XS rally. Will try to stop in Sanford NC tomorrow to have lunch with Ralph Meeks. XSive for sure. Will ride part or all of Blue Ridge Parkway and then maybe or not the last day of Americade. Hook up with Gary Granger again and then finally head home. XSive rally indeed!

Daytona Beach and Myrtle beach totally sucked. Too hot, too much traffic, too many buildings and signs. Some real nice eye candy, but there are not enough pretty girls in the world to make up for bad motorcycling roads. Glad to stay I've been there but I won't ride back. Maybe fly in to party. Hmmm.... :) :)

MaximPhil
06-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Ron,
Good to hear you are having a good time. I am off to Europe on Friday until the end of June so you should be back in good ol Mississauga by then. Give me a call andthen.
Maxim Phil

xsivebiker
06-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Ron, according to Rider Magazine, the Parkway is expected to be closed from Mt. Mitchell to Rt. 80 [mile post 355-344] at least until midsummer 2005, due to last fall's landslide.
Rider mag. states that detour options are apparently time consuming and a bit tricky------ you can check them
at: www.motorcycleadventuremap.com/rdcd.html
'Hope I got this to you in time to save you some time and trouble.
Ride Safe,
Greg C. in WV
'80 XS1100-G "Christine"
'93 KLX650-C1

P.S. Stop by anytime; I finish up my work week tonight on 3rd shift.

Ralph Meeks
06-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Ron came by Sanford today on his way to Lexington N.C. for some Lexington barbeque. We had lunch and talked some and he continued on his trip north. Enjoyed seeing him again. Wish we had more time to visit but reality has kicked back in for me.

Greg, he is hitting the Parkway above the section that is closed. He was headed toward Fancy Gap from Lexington.

Ralph Meeks

sixtysix
06-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Ron made it here, we put the 'wing up on the lift and fixed a few electrical gremlins.

He didn't make it soon enough to join me at Americade but we are having fun anyway.

Maybe we will take the Bandit and Tuono out for a ride later today, or go shooting or something. :D

Ron
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm back home safe and sound. Just took a couple of days to get the internet working again.

Greg, thanks for the heads up. Ralph set me right as he says. I did think of stopping in to see you but I was feeling the draw towards home and blasted up interstate to Gary's after I finished Blue Ridge.

It was a really great trip. Thanks in no small part to the excellent folks in this community. I truely enjoyed and appreciated the time I've spent with all of you.

To finish up the saga, Gary, Dena, and I did get out on the bikes for 100 mi or so tour around his county. I was delighted to ride the Tuono. That snappy little ride is totally different from riding a wing. Fortunately basic riding techniques are portable to all bikes so after only a few miles and curves I was feeling great on it. What a blast. And we went shooting after that. No need to choose one or the other, eh?

Made my way around lake Ontario, taking a ferry in (?? forgot where) instead of the 1000 Islands bridge. Visited a friend in Quinte (area of last years Ontario XS rally) for some cool drinks. They are old XS owners and relatives to my friend I bought my XS from. Called ahead to hamjam and arranged to meet him on the road. Took some more lakeshore roads on Jim's advice, met up, and spent the evening at his place visiting the family. Home the next day, Tuesday about noon.

On the road 19 days, about 8-9000 kms travelled. All in all a great trip.

Scootstado2
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Ron,

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound! I guess now this great rally is officially over.

Ralph Meeks
06-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Scootstado2
Ron,

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound! I guess now this great rally is officially over.

Yep, Me too Ron. It was good to see you here in Sanford.

My son signed a contract yesterday. They offered and he negotiated and accepted. The CEO Seemed to be very impressed with his work and progress. The best of luck to you in your search.

Russ, you got a point there. All over but the memories.

Ralph Meeks

madbiker
06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
no it ain't I still got shirts to get done

Ralph Meeks
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Well, Ok.

Ralph Meeks

MartyA
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Whisper-I'm going back for seconds.