XS11.com Forums

XS11.com Forums (http://www.xs11.com/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Dad passed (http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40373)

donebysunday 07-23-2013 10:21 PM

Dad passed

He was my go to guy, think he just wanted me to keep busy and at something I enjoyed.
My dad was not a rider but got me started on mini bikes and go karts when I was seven. He helped me buy my first HD a 51 when I was 14, 1 year older than I. He marveled at all the work I did on bikes and encouraged me to do more of them, he liked how I took a turd and turned it into a jewel. When I told him I was selling my last two babies he said you need another to work on, I said I don't know. Then the MNS 11 became available he talked me into it. When it was riding and down to only some miner mods that were future extras he said you need another. That was 2 weeks ago I drove about 700 mi. to look at a number of bikes and found an SH 11. Called and told him last Fri. I bought another and it's nice looking but needs work he said good for you can't wait to see pics of it. He fell Sunday at home and was rushed into ICU and passed Sunday evening.

Done };-(

tarzan 07-23-2013 10:42 PM

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

3Phase 07-23-2013 11:52 PM

Done, it sounds like you and your dad had a good time together.

Help your family remember the good times and my condolences to you all!

jjz28 07-24-2013 01:21 AM

Sorry to hear that, at least you guys were close, that's something a lot of people cant say about their fathers.

haywardguy929 07-24-2013 05:06 AM

Sad news and yes sounded like a great Dad, my condolence's to you and the family.

Wildkat 07-24-2013 05:10 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sending positives and prayers for comfort and peace for your family and his friends during this time..

natemoen 07-24-2013 05:26 AM

So sorry for your loss Don! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

DGXSER 07-24-2013 03:55 PM

Done,

My sincere sorrow and condolences. He raised a son to be proud of for sure, and sounds like he was just as good a man.

From experience I tell you it gets easier as time passes, and you will always want to pick up the phone and call to ask him something. Sounds like you had a great relationship and he will always be in you and with you.

Prayers and peace for you and yours.
Don

Old Red 07-24-2013 06:40 PM

Sorry to hear of your fatherís passing. Sounds like you have many good memories of him. Prayers going up for you and family.

The Other Earl

James England 07-24-2013 07:50 PM

Losing a parent is hard, I found. I bet you have loads of great memories and how fortunate you are to have had such a relationship. And encouraging you with the bikes! God bless him

JerseyJon 07-25-2013 10:13 AM

So sorry for your loss

It's always painful to lose a dad, but your sadness is made worse by how close you were with him. Of course, as others have said, that was a blessing in your life, and will continue to be as the years roll on.

Thank you for sharing your pain, and reminding us of how important and valuable it is to be the kind of encouraging father we all want and that you had.

Jon

Courtney 07-25-2013 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your dad Don, only time can take the sharp edge off of losing a loved one. Been 10 yrs since I lost my dad, and I still dream about him. :(

jwhughes3 07-25-2013 06:50 PM

So sorry to hear....prayers your way.

John

Rasputin 07-25-2013 07:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Chin up as life goes on even without those special loved ones. Sounds like your dad was a great guy.

donebysunday 07-26-2013 05:12 PM

Thank You All

Thank You Guys !!!!!

You all helped me to remember what we had and not what I lost !
He helped and encouraged me as much as any one could and more !
Sometimes had to kick me in the butt to keep me busy, something he had no trouble doing, he was always busy making furniture, fixing tractors and all things mechanical. I remember him telling me when I was about 12 to get him the 9/16 and I could not find it, I was frantically searching when I heard I've got it still holding the trans from our 59 Ford up with one hand.

Thanks Again ! Done };~)