XS11.com Forums

XS11.com Forums (http://www.xs11.com/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Planedick (http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44075)

Wildkat 06-09-2015 08:03 AM

Planedick

It is with great sadness that I found the report of Planedick's passing.

For those who've been around awhile and remember Pathfinder and Planedick- Planedick drove in from California to Houston to take Pathfinder's bike to a new home. Many of us met in Houston for a memorial ride for Pathfinder before Planedick took it west.
This was my first XS ride and my most memorable. I met some incredible people that weekend that continue to be very good friends.

RIP Richard :(
We will keep the fond memories alive.

Man, 71, dies in Angeles Crest motorcycle crash

mack 06-09-2015 08:28 AM

Richard

Sad , sad news indeed. Man, it can happen so quick, loss of concentration for an instant. We lost kenny the same way last year. My sympathy to his family and friends. I hope you have good roads and fair weather for riding where you are now Richard. R.I.P

jwhughes3 06-09-2015 08:36 AM

We were just wondering where he was these days while in Colorado recently. He had come to the Durango Rally in July 2011. Though he did not join the group rides he visited and discussed bikes and had a good time. As I was headed for Grand Junction and Utah, my last memory of Richard was seeing his headlight coming up fast, passing at triple digits and off into the horizon.

He surely loved riding fast. At least he died doing what he loved.

R.I.P.

John

3Phase 06-09-2015 08:48 AM

Oh, man .... thank you, 'Cat.

We had a lot of fun going on rides, working on the bikes and the "Carburetor Install" video we made was a hoot. There were all kinds of shenanigans that somehow didn't make the final cut. :D He was seriously devoted to riding in the Patriot Guards, too.

R.I.P. Planedick

Jerry 06-09-2015 03:20 PM

Thanks for the note, Wildkat. I rode with Planedick several times in Colorado and California. He was a good guy and will be missed.

Prisoner6 06-11-2015 08:24 AM

So sad to hear of another fellow XSive lost ...

My condolences to you ... Kat, John, Scott, Jerry ... and to all his friends and family.

ViperRon 06-15-2015 09:40 AM

Even though I had not met him it's sad to hear of the loss of a fellow XSer. Was there any follow up on the investigation of the accident? It seemed like no determination of why an experienced rider went to the side. As we all know many things we meet at times force us to the side of the road.

My condolences to his family.

Ron

jwhughes3 06-15-2015 12:37 PM

I read that he suffered a heart attack. Unknown if before or after accident.

John

DiverRay 06-16-2015 05:36 PM

I will miss him!!! Made a few great rides with him, and bought a bike from him quite a few years ago. Yes, he liked riding fast, but that was due in part to the area he rode in. You needed to ride fast to be safe in the LA basin. To those that have never ridden there, you can't even imagine what it's like.
Thoughts to his family.....

Brent 07-01-2015 04:04 PM

sad news

Sad to read of Planedicks passing. I was glad to meet him at South Lake Tahoe, & enjoyed riding with him. He did stop to enjoy the views in the Sierras, and was fun to visit with. His passing is A loss to the XS community.

Sympathy to friends & family.
RIP

gringojason 06-30-2017 01:00 PM

I haven't been on the forums for a while and just saw this. So sad to hear. Richard was a great guy. He was incredibly generous with his time and expertise in helping me with my 82 XJ 1100. I drove up to his place several times and we took the entire engine apart. He taught me a lot. Great memories sitting in his garage sipping on Bud Light, talking shop. I might be able to dig up some pictures of us in the garage. If I find them, I'll post them in his memory.

Thank you Richard for your generosity and kind soul. RIP.

oldyam80sg 07-01-2017 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear this- Prayers!

GARTHXS 07-05-2018 08:04 PM

RIP planedick