XS11.com Forums

XS11.com Forums (http://www.xs11.com/forum/index.php)
-   Links (http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   keys4urride.com (http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32228)

SFerinTEXAS 04-18-2011 07:47 PM

keys4urride.com

http://keys4urride.com/
Webs motorcycle ATV Boat key blank headquarters.

Lost gas cap key to the XJ550 I been working on. My Bad I know.Found the ignition switch I knew it also fit and got the code off of it. Ordered the key by code number on Friday morning and received it on Monday in the mail. Perfect fit. $12 and some change. If you dont have spares yet but do have the code on your key I suggest you make a note of it and put it in a safe place.

SFerinTEXAS 04-18-2011 11:31 PM

After looking at the site main page I notice it doesn't say anything about cutting by code.When I found the correct key blank , code d in my case, the cutting option was listed there.

CatatonicBug 04-19-2011 07:48 AM

Why not just drive over to the local locksmith or bike shop and have them make one for you while you wait? Much faster...

SFerinTEXAS 04-19-2011 09:45 AM

A lot of people don't live close to ANYWHERE so I thought I would share for them. And some have complained before of local key cutters not being able to match the blanks and they can at least get the blanks here or a reference number for lame keyshops.

cywelchjr 04-19-2011 04:57 PM

Local Yamaha dealer can get the key from the number too. Good locksmith can cut it while you wait, dealer if really good can do that, otherwise they can order it.

SFerinTEXAS 06-25-2011 03:37 PM

The world is not the same everywhere. There are only a few Y dealers in this big ass town. I called one of the biggest and was referred to Who Does This For Them locksmith. $25 if it works(code cut) and more if not. No brain er.Tho I do get the impression this works mainly on the 80 and up models.

motoman 06-25-2011 05:37 PM

Plus, I'm bettin' you have an original Yammy logo key !

cywelchjr 07-04-2011 12:28 PM

Strange since my dealer says they can be ordered from Yamaha, this would have no bearing on the size of the dealer, only on the intelligence level of the parts dept who would have to order the key who would have to know how to do it. My understanding is that any model with the code can have a key ordered from Yamaha, but by the same token, they are not cheap, and it's far cheaper at a local locksmith from what I've found, but you need an actual locksmith, not one the local hardware store, and usually not one of those kiosks either.

Danny Crawdad 11-30-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatatonicBug (Post 320234)
Why not just drive over to the local locksmith or bike shop and have them make one for you while you wait? Much faster...

Well, I can answer this for myself ;). There are plenty of bike shops around Birmingham, and I'm sure I can find a Yamaha dealer easily, but with this site I can plug in the info and have a key in my mailbox in a week without having to go drive to and interact with a shop and take an hour+ out of my life to buy something as mundane as a key :p.

Then again, I also order things from Amazon.com when I know I can buy them at the store for less, simply because they show up at my door and I don't have to mess with it.

(All this could probably be condensed into "I'm lazy" :D)

motoman 11-30-2011 03:18 PM

Readin your thread Danny has me appreciate not dealing with heavy, slow traffic and distance, plus have ALL the ammenities of a large conjested area.

Cuda 69 03-08-2012 03:48 PM

I'm inclined to go with Danny on this,seeings the closest Yammie dealer is some 30 miles away. Although,when it gets warmer...maybe,good reason fo a ride.:D

Joab 03-08-2012 03:56 PM

^- Agreed with both points. Support the intertubes!

Danny Crawdad 05-09-2012 01:07 PM

Feel like I have to update this, I got my keys from keys4urride quickly, and they are OEM key blanks that work flawlessly. Can't think of a way this could have been easier :).

tv5150 05-22-2012 09:10 PM

Key Codes

Anybody know of major brand key manf. like ilco OR axxess that has a key blank for the 79 XS1100? If I can at least find a number for the blank and the manufacturer, I can cross-referance to another brand..OR what code would you use for the 79 XS11 if you're getting one thru keys4urride.com as they only show back to 1980
Thanks for any insight...

jwhughes3 05-24-2012 09:18 AM

Thats cuz the 1980 model was best

Pinnacle. Peak. It was all downhill from there....

J/k ;)

I had no trouble just going to Alamo Cycle and getting a key.

John

tv5150 06-04-2012 06:37 AM

I had no trouble going to a local lock smith also...($5.50 plus tax)
Just trying to save a few bucks, and now that I have the replacement key, the Ilco key blank he used is YH74.
With that info, you could cross referance it to an Axxess key number and go to WalMart and get a key for like $1.74
(IF you have the correct Axxess key number for them to use--which I have yet to find)
I've bought several keys for GL1800 Goldwings and had a few extra bucks in my pocket when done...

tv5150 06-14-2012 06:01 PM

78 or 79 Key Numbers???

So, anyone have a 78 or 79 with an aftermarket key made like Axxcess or whatever name on the key that you can post what the blank number they use when they made that key???
Might be able to save people some bucks in the future if you know the blank that needs to be used and you can get it at WallyWorld for cheap $$$ if it'll cross it over to the Axxcess key #
I have 3 keys for my Goldwing when on the bike, the standard ignition key and remote FOB, and I have cut two extra keyes cut-off at the head and I mounted them in GL radio knobs secureing them in JB Weld...Those 2 extras are in the gas tank door and the right locking pocket on the fairing, so when I'm out and about, I don't need to remove the ignition key to open the fairing pocket door to get my billfold out and I then open my gas door with the key with knob and fill-up my bike without having to fiddle-fart with moving a key around 3 times. It's a popular mod that most people do on the GL1800, plus the knob-keys are cut-off so short, they can't be used to turn the ignition on. However, if you were to lose you regular ignition key, you could break the key out of the knob and by using pliers, you would be able to turn the ignition on and drive-away without having to call a locksmith or some other solution BTW, when I'm going to be away from my bike, I'll pull the two knob-keys and store them in the locking compartment...So for a TOTAL of like $5.25, I can get 3 KEYS made for a GL18 @ WallyWorld