View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 PM
XSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
LH a few years back and put a purple flake in the paint on the tank, fenders and side covers. It looks jet black in the shade but has a subtle glitter in the sun. Frame, motor, calipers, swing arm etc. were a high gloss black with four clear coats baked on. Produced a very deep rich colour. It's a big chick magnet when I park it during rest stops. Got a lot of phone numbers from short rides for a coffee and just sitting in the parking lot having a rest. I call her Spica after the primary star in the Virgo constellation. She only had 5 k miles on her when I rescued her from being scrapped. I just couldn't let that happen. She was number 178 coming off the line in 1980. Part of the restore used to be on here. Type in spica restore in the search engine. They might still be available. Really want to see how your pipes turn out. I went with ceramic. Very nice job so far!!!!!!
Sounds like a cool color. Always fun to see things differently when you look at it night and day.

The pipes are back and on now. Been a few weeks. I'll try to get some images and a review on them this weekend. Also new as shown on the (over built...) RX50

'80 XJ650 MK 535mi
'80 XS850 MK 3200mi
'80 XS1100 MK 11,800mi
'83 XJ750 MK 2280mi
'83 XV750 MK 9585mi
'83 XV920 MK 3550mi
'83 RX50 MK ????mi