View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I am not going to do it myself, the guy i got the carbs from is going to do it for me, he has a full machine shop and builds drag bikes for a living. yeah the last thing i need is to mess up my new carbs. so i will leave it to the pros. and i will ask him what he had to do to set the carbs for the single cable. I have to call him tomorow and will ask him then. on thing about my carbs is that they were originally set up to be used on a legands race car, and as far as i know all he did was to put in a heavier spring in it for the single cable to work, but i will check.
If you can get a picture at some point that would help too! Sounds like your going to have a nice bike when he's done. If you can, ask what jets are in them too (your motor is stock right?). Did they come off a XJ1100 or 1200? Thanks!

'79 XS11 SF
Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~