View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 AM
XS-XJ Super Guru

It really depends how sentimental the bike is to you. I don't think I could ever sell mine. Money does not talk, when it comes to my XS11.

The reason I say that, is if you're looking for a modern front-end, you should not stop there- go for a more modern bike period. If your bike has no sentimental value, sell it and buy something newer. I bought my first XS11 in running condition, for $1500? I've put at-least another $3-4k in it since. If ur not willing to spend the rest of that bikes life putting money into it, get rid of it, and buy something that may not need as much "improvements".

Then again, I bought my GSX-R brand-new, and did not put much into it. I bought ny Daytona used for $3500, and have put another $3k into it, in two years.
2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.