Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Rallies (North America) > Northeast (and Eastern Canada)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-04-2018, 06:24 PM
mastan's Avatar
mastan mastan is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpotter58 View Post
If it's that far north I'll be trailering. I'll stop and pi k you up.
It's a deal!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Huron52's Avatar
Huron52 Huron52 is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario's West Coast
Posts: 694
Lots of good roads that way, or at least I have heard. As for distance I came home from Battleboro in one day and when it was in Glen falls I did that in one day. (All interstate mind you)

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that!

You guys decide where and I'll see if I(we) can make it.
__________________
Tom
2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-2018, 09:33 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron52 View Post
Lots of good roads that way, or at least I have heard. As for distance I came home from Battleboro in one day and when it was in Glen falls I did that in one day. (All interstate mind you)

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that!

You guys decide where and I'll see if I(we) can make it.
Hi Tom,
As a card carrying member of the Iron Butt association your comments are duly noted. Not everyone is a glutton for punishment like you.
I am done with 18 hour riding days. we should get together for some route planning over the winter once we know where we are going.

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-07-2018, 08:14 PM
dpotter58's Avatar
dpotter58 dpotter58 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron52 View Post

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that?
That would be me. I decided I dont like riding hours on the bike to get to a ride. My one day trip from home to Canada broke me of the desire. 😪 if I could have sold the bike for a bus ticket that weekend I would have.
__________________
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell



1980 LG
1981 LH
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Wing30's Avatar
Wing30 Wing30 is offline
XSive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Falling Waters WV
Posts: 18
Looks good. I always try to make the N.E. rally
__________________
Keith

BMW K1600GTL-E
Honda GL1800
-Suzuki GV1400
-Kawasaki KZ1300
-Yamaha Xs1100
-Honda CX500
-Kawasaki KZ440
-Honda XL350, SL100, Trail70
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:55 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpotter58 View Post
That would be me. I decided I dont like riding hours on the bike to get to a ride. My one day trip from home to Canada broke me of the desire. 😪 if I could have sold the bike for a bus ticket that weekend I would have.
DuWayne you would have needed two tickets as you had that giant Bear who rode as passenger Good time.

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-12-2018, 05:59 AM
Huron52's Avatar
Huron52 Huron52 is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario's West Coast
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
DuWayne you would have needed two tickets as you had that giant Bear who rode as passenger Good time.

Phil
Hey Phil.... This is from a guy that made his wife ride on the back of a bike from California to Washington state.... And it wasn't a straight line. LOL
__________________
Tom
2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron52 View Post
Hey Phil.... This is from a guy that made his wife ride on the back of a bike from California to Washington state.... And it wasn't a straight line. LOL
Hi Tom,
True enough. in fairness though the west coast ride was on a "comfy couch Hardley

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Huron52's Avatar
Huron52 Huron52 is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario's West Coast
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
Hi Tom,
True enough. in fairness though the west coast ride was on a "comfy couch Hardley

Phil
That so true!
__________________
Tom
2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:42 PM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpotter58 View Post
That would be me. I decided I dont like riding hours on the bike to get to a ride. My one day trip from home to Canada broke me of the desire. 😪 if I could have sold the bike for a bus ticket that weekend I would have.
That isnt so surprising anymore..aging bikes and bikers do not fair well on LD rides anymore...Now if you were on a more comfortable LD machine then maybe it wouldnt be so bad...as long as you stayed off the 4 laners...I too have come to dislike long boring monotonous LD rides just to get to where the rally is...y'alls mileage will vary...
__________________
2007 Suzuki Bandit1250S
1979 Yamaha XS1100F SwampThing
2001 Honda ST1100 SouThern Belle... Sold...
1982 XJ1100 MadMax... Gone but not forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 PM
dpotter58's Avatar
dpotter58 dpotter58 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
DuWayne you would have needed two tickets as you had that giant Bear who rode as passenger Good time.

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron52 View Post
Hey Phil.... This is from a guy that made his wife ride on the back of a bike from California to Washington state.... And it wasn't a straight line. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
Hi Tom,
True enough. in fairness though the west coast ride was on a "comfy couch Hardley

Phil
Have I told you guys how much I love you lately?
__________________
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell



1980 LG
1981 LH
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Today, 10:36 AM
DeanR DeanR is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Finger Lakes NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax-im View Post
That isnt so surprising anymore..aging bikes and bikers do not fair well on LD rides anymore...Now if you were on a more comfortable LD machine then maybe it wouldnt be so bad...as long as you stayed off the 4 laners...I too have come to dislike long boring monotonous LD rides just to get to where the rally is...y'alls mileage will vary...
I'm glad that the riding to and from our get togethers is still half the enjoyment for me. (That would be on the ST).
The other half largely being just hanging out with everyone and seeing some new sights.
__________________
80 SG
81 SH in parts
99 ST1100
91 ST1100
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Today, 11:15 AM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
I'm glad that the riding to and from our get togethers is still half the enjoyment for me. (That would be on the ST).
The other half largely being just hanging out with everyone and seeing some new sights.
Hi Dean,
I Agree. Planning the route to get there is also fun especially if you have the time to avoid the slab atleast some of the way.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2018, jvbPlugin