Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Members Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Pat Kelly's Avatar
Pat Kelly Pat Kelly is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Golden Valley, AZ
Posts: 3,046
Comming to a city near you

As a truck driver, I travel alot (duh). Though I really don't have time to visit people, I thought I'd post where I'm heading next. This will let Y'all know there's an XSive near you and watch out for him as he's in a big truck and dangerous
So if you're out and about and see this truck



wave or move. Truck number is 1157 (like the lightbulb) this number is on the front fender and the back fairing

1/03 leaving Modesto, CA for Rialto, CA.
1/04 Rialto to Kingman, AZ
1/05 Kingman back to Modesto
__________________
Pat Kelly
<p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
1999 Suburban (The Ship)
1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 PM
tw1980's Avatar
tw1980 tw1980 is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bend OR
Posts: 662
Pat if you ever head north up 97 to central OR pm me.I'll take you someplace the steaks are thick and the beer is cold.Happy new year

Terry
__________________
1980 special (Phyllis)
1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Pat Kelly's Avatar
Pat Kelly Pat Kelly is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Golden Valley, AZ
Posts: 3,046
Terry, My family lives in Sunriver, Bend, and Redmond.
Sadly work has had me take 97 once and I'm so busy I seldom go that way for fun. I may have to go though as my Dad is in the hospital.

1/7/10 sends me to Paramount, CA then Vernon, CA... heading home on the 8th
__________________
Pat Kelly
<p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
1999 Suburban (The Ship)
1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
XJOK2PLAY's Avatar
XJOK2PLAY XJOK2PLAY is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skiatook, Ok.
Posts: 2,089
Pat,
If you ever come as far as Okla.... and you happen to be in the Tulsa area... give me or Cody a shout... we'll do lunch or dinner!

Heck, if we get enough heads up before hand and know you're coming, we might can get 'ole Tod to join us as well!

XSOKIESPECIAL probably would join us as well... especially if food or alcohol's gonna be there! LOL (Ok, Greg... go ahead and chime away now...)

Heck, throw your 11 in the back of the rig, and we'll rally!
Drive safe... and watch out for them crazy cagers....
Bob
__________________
'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
SFerinTEXAS SFerinTEXAS is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 866
And if you pay for your own repairs and find yourself in Houston feeling like your getting jacked I know a bunch of people at the local Volvo dealership. Find Garland in the parts dept and tell him to call his friend that has all those old yamahas
__________________
79SF
XJ11
78E

Last edited by SFerinTEXAS; 01-06-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
XSokieSPECIAL XSokieSPECIAL is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
Pat,
If you ever come as far as Okla.... and you happen to be in the Tulsa area... give me or Cody a shout... we'll do lunch or dinner!

Heck, if we get enough heads up before hand and know you're coming, we might can get 'ole Tod to join us as well!

XSOKIESPECIAL probably would join us as well... especially if food or alcohol's gonna be there! LOL (Ok, Greg... go ahead and chime away now...)

Heck, throw your 11 in the back of the rig, and we'll rally!
Drive safe... and watch out for them crazy cagers....
Bob
OH HECK YEA!!!

Bob you know me TOO well already Groceries and grog........................

I'm in!!!!!

It'd be a good thing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Pat Kelly's Avatar
Pat Kelly Pat Kelly is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Golden Valley, AZ
Posts: 3,046
One of our DC;s is in Ardmore, OK. Only been there once. Did my 34 hour break there, spent it at the Flying J truckstop. I do make it through the OK panhandle when I do my occasional run to Mt Sterling, IL.

This job makes visiting tough. I have an internet friend in Salt Lake City and we've met once even though I've been through there a dozen times. I usually pass through there in the middle of the night.
Over The Road trucking (for me) involves driving 11 hours straight with 10 hours off. I usually pack food so I eat while driving so I only stop for restroom or a quick nap if tired (how many jobs let you take a nap when you feel like it?). I usually try to take my 10's at rest areas rather than truckstops. Truckstops are noisy and smelly. Rest areas and freeway ramps are usually quieter. Showers are at truckstops when I stop for fuel. Probably sound disgusting to some but that is usually every other day. In my view, I am just sitting in my truck without much physical exertion (sweating). Besides, I'm by myself the whole time so there's no one to complain if I do get aromatic.

I've seen a couple of XS1100's on the road. If a big-rig honks and you haven't cut him off or he's not out-of-control, then it might be me (see truck in above photo)
__________________
Pat Kelly
<p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
1999 Suburban (The Ship)
1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
knybanjo's Avatar
knybanjo knybanjo is offline
XSive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the "good" carolina
Posts: 61
If I see you out on the road I'll give you a honk & a wave....but I may very well be on my V-Strom rather than my old XS.


Are your routes primarily on the West coast?

Do you ever have to go East of that occasional IL run?
__________________
.....>SmugMug coupon 0E8WP3kJcvvbY save $5 ..........>The Banjo Rides
There’s something about going riding with your friends, a feeling of freedom, a feeling of joy that really can’t be put into words.
It can only be fully shared by someone who’s done it.......... on any sunday
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 AM
XJOK2PLAY's Avatar
XJOK2PLAY XJOK2PLAY is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skiatook, Ok.
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kelly View Post
One of our DC;s is in Ardmore, OK. Only been there once. Did my 34 hour break there, spent it at the Flying J truckstop. I do make it through the OK panhandle when I do my occasional run to Mt Sterling, IL.

This job makes visiting tough. I have an internet friend in Salt Lake City and we've met once even though I've been through there a dozen times. I usually pass through there in the middle of the night.
Over The Road trucking (for me) involves driving 11 hours straight with 10 hours off. I usually pack food so I eat while driving so I only stop for restroom or a quick nap if tired (how many jobs let you take a nap when you feel like it?). I usually try to take my 10's at rest areas rather than truckstops. Truckstops are noisy and smelly. Rest areas and freeway ramps are usually quieter. Showers are at truckstops when I stop for fuel. Probably sound disgusting to some but that is usually every other day. In my view, I am just sitting in my truck without much physical exertion (sweating). Besides, I'm by myself the whole time so there's no one to complain if I do get aromatic.

I've seen a couple of XS1100's on the road. If a big-rig honks and you haven't cut him off or he's not out-of-control, then it might be me (see truck in above photo)
We'll keep an eye out for ya, Pat!
Drive Safe!
__________________
'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Pat Kelly's Avatar
Pat Kelly Pat Kelly is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Golden Valley, AZ
Posts: 3,046
Mostly west coast. My northwest corner has been Bellingham, WA... northeast was Holland, MI... east to Zanesville, OH... southeast Ardmore, OK... southwest San Diego (by Brown Field) a couple of blocks from Mexico

Leaving Mon AM 1/11/10 heading to Ontario, CA. Tue the 12th will be in Ontario (2 stops), Carson, CA (1 stop), City of Industry (3 stops) then head back home (Modesto, CA).
__________________
Pat Kelly
<p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
1999 Suburban (The Ship)
1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Last edited by Pat Kelly; 01-09-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Larrym Larrym is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,100
Mission Impossible??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kelly View Post
Mostly west coast. My northwest corner has been Bellingham, WA... northeast was Holland, MI... east to Zanesville, OH... southeast Ardmore, OK... southwest San Diego (by Brown Field) a couple of blocks from Mexico

Leaving Mon AM 1/11/10 heading to Ontario, CA. Tue the 12th will be in Ontario (2 stops), Carson, CA (1 stop), City of Industry (3 stops) then head back home (Modesto, CA).
So the next time you're in B'ham, Washington: My best chance of having a meet-n-greet with ya is to strap on some blue/red flashing lights and try to get you to pull over???

There's always the spike strip if you fail to comply....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
latexeses's Avatar
latexeses latexeses is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,488
Pat I'd say stop for a break but your truck won't even be warmed up good by the time it takes you to get here!

Drive safe.
__________________
RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
cywelchjr's Avatar
cywelchjr cywelchjr is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru(Deceased)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by latexeses View Post
Pat I'd say stop for a break but your truck won't even be warmed up good by the time it takes you to get here!

Drive safe.
I'd have to say the same, it wouldn't be much warmer by the time he got here either.

Speaking of which, I think we need to work on getting a northern/central CA ralley together for this summer. Maybe something up into the foothills? I know we have some really good twisties not too far from here.
__________________
Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
Vetter Windjammer IV
Vetter hard bags & Trunk
OEM Luggage Rack
Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
Spade Fuse Box
Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
750 FD Mod
TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
XJ1100 Front Footpegs
XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Pat Kelly's Avatar
Pat Kelly Pat Kelly is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Golden Valley, AZ
Posts: 3,046
Thurs the 13th I will head to San Diego.

14th is San Diego, Anaheim, Covina, Thousand Oaks, then sleeping in Oxnard.

Fri the 15th is Oxnard, Sun Valley, Then home to Modesto.

"On the road again...."
__________________
Pat Kelly
<p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
1999 Suburban (The Ship)
1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 PM
kirmit77's Avatar
kirmit77 kirmit77 is offline
XStremely XSive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 462
how bout texas?????? bring your bike its good riding weather here!
__________________
Austin Ingalls

MIDNIGHT FURY
1979 XS1100 Special [Full Restore Project]
XJ maxim rear air shocks
KERKER 4-into-1 exhaust
Pod Filters

Money pit.......
BLACKED OUT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2019, jvbPlugin