Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Rallies (North America) > Southeast

Old Today, 08:18 PM
Master of XSology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Phase View Post
Brant, it's getting ridden 'till it don't ride no more.

I put a new set of Dunlops on it this afternoon, an Elite 3 rear and some namless Dunlop front, so I'm not running squared off tires that are almost bald in the center.

When I get to my dad's in Kentucky, I'll see about getting another cam. Unfortunately, I can't just phone home because neither one of my brothers are mechanically 'ept, with my continued good fortune I could wind up with a 2H7 exhaust cam instead of a 3H5 intake.
Kinda' figured that was where things were headed by that first sentence anyways. Good luck and be safe!
Old Today, 09:10 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Good

Hi All,

So far, so good. Lots of XSives showed up today from all over the US and Canada. Welcome to everyone. We will start early tomorrow with breakfast, then on to some fantastic riding in the Great Smoky Mountains. Can't wait!

More later.

P.S. We miss you Jeff and Brent.
Custom Paint by Deitz
Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
Stebel Nautilus Horn
EBC Front Rotors
Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike
Old Today, 09:15 PM
Master of XSology

Where is Billy Roc?
Old Today, 10:52 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Scott and the rest of you guys, really happy to see a fun rally getting underway!

Scott, that picture of the cam lobe looks like some scuffing. I can't see where there's any major damage? Or is that like an indentation running the width of the lobe? Other than the gray scuffing, the surface looks shiny. Maybe I just can't tell.

Heck, you should see some of the lobes that come out of the ZRX 1200's, due to poor metallurgy in manufacture they pit terribly but seem to reach a point where they don't pit anymore and performance is no worse for the wear.

You were adjusting the valves at the Colorado rally back in July, and then decided you didn't need to adjust them after all, or something like that?

Sold! '80SG ("Old") Showa shocks, 750 FD, 25,220 miles 6/2/17, 7,200' elev, 107.5 mains, 2.25 turns, 39 mpg all around, auto CCT, Plexifairing III.
Sold!

'01 Kawasaki ZRX 1200.

'80SG ("New") 28,857 miles 5/31/17, original shocks, factory hard side cases, engine guard/highway pegs, throttle lock, stock jetting, K&N air filter, stock FD, hard top case, Slipstreamer windscreen, ME880 tires, stainless front lines, 36 mpg so far.
Still needs 750/850 FD mod and ACCT mod.

Last edited by Bonz; Today at 10:54 PM.