Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Forum How To

Old 07-12-2002, 05:44 PM
XSive

Confusing Registration Process

Mike, when I registered, I clicked on the "Register" tab at the top of the forum home page. I was then prompted for my desired username to confirm that it is not being used by anybody else. After I received the Activation Email, I clicked the link and was taken, I believe, to a Rules & Policies screen, after that I went to another screen were I needed to enter mandatory info, optional info and preferences. I entered my "Real Name" into the username field, thinking that the username I previously entered was somehow linked to the additional info I was now entering - wrong, my real name became my username.

That was confusion #1

Confusion #2 occured today as I was logged out and in the Members Lounge. I clicked the Register tab (as if I was going to create an account) and I was NOT prompted for my desired username, but went directly to the Rules & Policies screen and then the additional info screen. If I would have registered using the Members Lounge method, I would not have made a faulty assumption and consequently would not be using my Real Name as my username.

Hope you are able to follow my rambling. Yes, I am using IE.

As far as using my Real Name here, no biggie. But I would prefer to use a "Handle" instead.

Email me if you need further explaination or clarification.

Scott
I guess.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Truly XSive

Unhappy Registering to post an ad.

I also have a registration problem. I am registered, but when it askes me to register so I can post an ad, it doesn't recognize my address and password. I tried to send a message to get help with the 'CONTACT US' button, and had it returned undeliverable. Is being able to post an ad a different registration?

Please help,
Highlander
Old 08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
XS11 Webmaster/Forum Admin

Yes, Classified Ads are completely separate software systems. (There are some technical reasons why that's a good thing but I won't bore you.)

You need to register for each area separately.