Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > XS11/XJ11 Discussion

Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 PM
XSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA80 View Post
The light rasping is normal. When you turn the rear wheel by hand in neutral you are still turning the gears in the final drive, middle drive, and the transmission. There will be SOME resistance, it shouldn't take much effort to turn though. If the brakes are hanging you'll be able to tell.
Listened to it a bit more, and you're right. It's good.

Thanks again for your help BA80
Old 08-09-2014, 01:34 AM
XS-XJ Guru

You guys should knack it off already.

I love this list...it's like having twenty guys standing around ones garage while one is pondering the latest bike problem; a couple are looking the bike over and trying to help, a few are making random suggestions, one or two keep going back to the solution they know best, even if it seems remote, a couple are having a pissing contest about some arcane procedure, and several are just shooting the breeze about something else. Every thread is like a mini-rally.

More grog and fresh wenches for my men!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Master of XSology

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoHo View Post

I love this list...it's like having twenty guys standing around ones garage while one is pondering the latest bike problem; a couple are looking the bike over and trying to help, a few are making random suggestions, one or two keep going back to the solution they know best, even if it seems remote, a couple are having a pissing contest about some arcane procedure, and several are just shooting the breeze about something else. Every thread is like a mini-rally.

.......don't forget the horses.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:49 PM
XS-XJ Super Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoHo View Post

well...as long as it gets there in the end, that's the main thing.....
XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Tags
clutch, diagnose, help needed, repair, transmission