Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Members Lounge

Old 01-10-2020, 04:45 PM
XSive

I, for one, can very much relate to Mike's dilemma. Having recently agreed to a divorce, I now have that pre-occupying me, and at times life's curve-balls have me trippin' to the point where I just have to take a step back and disengage for a time. That being said, I think it's important to remember that the upgrade now appears to be back on track, and that all parties involved are communicating and cooperating, and we can look forward to an up-to-date site that still retains all the important information that was so long being accumulated. Nezzer mentioned to me that he might begin work this weekend, but since he's just getting started I don't expect an e.t.a. on the finished product until he's had time to evaluate the situation and plan his process. I'm sure he will update us all as events dictate.
Yep, we are all getting older, and things change. But now we can pick up the pieces and put them back together. What's done is done, and in the past, which we know we can't change, only learn from it. I think one lesson we can glean from this is to have some redundancy in the hierarchy of the site. I understand having just one admin, but having a backup of sorts might be worth looking into. One of the senior moderators might fit the bill. Just a thought, I'm sure others will offer suggestions, as well.
Hope you all have a good weekend!

Regards

-Jon-
1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
Previous:
1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
Cage:
2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."
Old 01-10-2020, 07:42 PM
XS-XJ Super Guru

Everyone is speaking for T.C., but when is T.C. going to speak for himself?

Doesn't matter who the Admin is, as-long as the website works, site doesn't turn into a circus, and everybody respects each other.
2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:23 PM

See post #58 of this thread for T.C.'s post.
I agree, this site is better than almost all others BECAUSE of the way we try to moderate it. That we will not change. It's just trying to get an up-to-date software package running that takes people who know how to do it, and have the passwords needed to get it done.
XS1100 SF
1977 450SL Retirement winter vehicle
Old 01-12-2020, 11:09 PM
XSive

Quick update for the group, I got some login information and started looking around the backend of the site. I believe I know what needs to be done, and have requested additional accounts/information from the relevant parties. It may be a month before all the required information is in hand, the upgrade is done, and we are ready to cut over to the upgraded site. I will post back to the forum for important events, otherwise, no news is good news.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I have been a member of other forums for just as long. What makes this forum special are the genuinely helpful members. Not all forums have that, and that makes this forum worth the work.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:26 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Thanks nezzer for taking the few minutes to post that up and paint a picture of how things look to be progressing.

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2019 Rally Link:
http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm
Old 01-13-2020, 05:26 AM
XSive

Good news to hear, thanks Nezzer. On a not-so-good note, when I was just trying to post this reply, the site started hanging up with a database error. Maybe it's starting to give up the ghost.
Does anyone know where a contribution would go when I click on the PayPal donate button on the home page? I'm ok with it going to the site owner, that's actually what I want, to help him cover his bill for monthly site fees. Please advise. TIA.

Regards

-Jon-
Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
Previous:
Cage:
2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."
Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 AM
XS-XJ Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudenatz View Post
Good news to hear, thanks Nezzer. On a not-so-good note, when I was just trying to post this reply, the site started hanging up with a database error. Maybe it's starting to give up the ghost.
Does anyone know where a contribution would go when I click on the PayPal donate button on the home page? I'm ok with it going to the site owner, that's actually what I want, to help him cover his bill for monthly site fees. Please advise. TIA.

Regards
It goes to JP who is the 11.com owner / webmaster. (that you called last month)
FWIW, decided to test the links so I just donated $20 using the link on 11.com home page. Still works fine like it always has. Payment options for both PayPal and Credit Card but i've always donated to 11.com using the PayPal option as probably most XSives have over the years. Following PayPay the payment link still goes to JP at webmaster@xs11.com

So Great News that Neezer is willing and able to bring this upgrade from 2nd base to Home. THANKS

If we all donate a little then JP will have a steady stream of funds to pay the bills to keep the 'improved' site going.

The ability to once again Register NEW Members will be great so we can get back to a site about wrenching and riding XS/XJ 11's and other associated era Yamaha machines in the Other category. There certainly a lot of XS/XJ 1100 knowledge and experience that XSives are willing to share whether they are still riding or not. Those helpful Tips & Tricks members are willing to share sure make fixing an XS/XJ easier.

Jeff

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800

Last edited by JeffH; 01-13-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:49 PM
XSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
It goes to JP who is the 11.com owner / webmaster. (that you called last month)
FWIW, decided to test the links so I just donated $20 using the link on 11.com home page. Still works fine like it always has. Payment options for both PayPal and Credit Card but i've always donated to 11.com using the PayPal option as probably most XSives have over the years. Following PayPay the payment link still goes to JP at webmaster@xs11.com

If we all donate a little then JP will have a steady stream of funds to pay the bills to keep the 'improved' site going.

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff.
I just pitched in an amount a nudge over that, just for the cause. We're gonna see this through. I can't wait until the "Newest Member" line says someone other than "FM-USA". He's been the newest member for a long while now, and I'm sure he'll appreciate no longer being the newbie.

Regards

-Jon-
Previous:
Cage:
2K2 TB