Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Rallies (North America) > Southwest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 11-19-2019, 03:06 PM
motoman motoman is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 8,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
Been a while since anybody's checked in here! Keep your eyes open sometime around or shortly after Thanksgiving... 😊
Will do Howard.
__________________
81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 11-28-2019, 06:00 PM
Dudenatz's Avatar
Dudenatz Dudenatz is offline
XSive
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Zionill
Posts: 71
LOST seems to be lost...

Living in the state of ILL, I checked the LOST thread, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of life. That said, and the invite extended therein, has me considering making the 2020 Colorado Rally. Beautiful country, and if I ever get my final drive swapped out, I can sustain highway speeds without cringing at the sound of my engine.
I don't post much, but have been a member for a while, so I've read a few posts here and there. Anyway, the more I look at my XS11LH, the more I love her, and I'd really like the chance to meet up with some of you good folks and enjoy some nice rides on her. Looks like the event might wind up on my bucket list here shortly. You only live once, you know. Keep the info coming as you can, and as the time gets closer my plans can become firmer.
__________________

-Jon-
1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
Previous:
1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
Cage:
2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:44 PM
BA80's Avatar
BA80 BA80 is offline
Doctor of XSology
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudenatz View Post
Living in the state of ILL, I checked the LOST thread, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of life. That said, and the invite extended therein, has me considering making the 2020 Colorado Rally. Beautiful country, and if I ever get my final drive swapped out, I can sustain highway speeds without cringing at the sound of my engine.
I don't post much, but have been a member for a while, so I've read a few posts here and there. Anyway, the more I look at my XS11LH, the more I love her, and I'd really like the chance to meet up with some of you good folks and enjoy some nice rides on her. Looks like the event might wind up on my bucket list here shortly. You only live once, you know. Keep the info coming as you can, and as the time gets closer my plans can become firmer.
Post this in the LOST thread. Maybe someone will get off their posterior and do something. I've been to several in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
__________________
Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,968
Contemplating where to hold the rally next summer. There will be a Colorado rally, would like to aim for the first full weekend after the 4th of July weekend. That would mean guys could start arriving Thursday evening on the 9th, and everyone usually arrives by Friday which would be the 10th. Put together some type of ride on Friday for the guys that are there. Then main rides on the 11th and 12th.

Hope that helps you guys start planning, there you go!

There has been good input from valued friends about trying to do something in conjunction with the start of Sturgis and heading that direction. I just am not able to pull that off so I need to let guys know that isn't in the plans.
__________________
Howard

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Last edited by Bonz; 12-13-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 AM
JeffH JeffH is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
Contemplating where to hold the rally next summer. There will be a Colorado rally, would like to aim for the first full weekend after the 4th of July weekend. That would mean guys could start arriving Thursday evening on the 9th, and everyone usually arrives by Friday which would be the 10th. Put together some type of ride on Friday for the guys that are there. Then main rides on the 11th and 12th.

Hope that helps you guys start planning, there you go!

There has been good input from valued friends about trying to do something in conjunction with the start of Sturgis and heading that direction. I just am not able to pull that off so I need to let guys know that isn't in the plans.
yep, having some sort of a Hop On - Hop Off Rolling Rally (like we have done for the February Florida / Key West trip) from say Cortez to Sturgis be good trip but it would certainly cannibalize some attendees from the July CO Rally. Sturgis dates look to be August 7th to 16th so Rolling Rally To-From Sturgis would be something like Aug 5th - 12th to make it fun and worthwhile.

July 9-13 looks ok for me if I can make it. Penciled it into my calendar. In VA up till 4th so would have to high step it as able 6-7-8th (to deal with those severe T-storms and tornados) to get there Thurs early afternoon.

Jeff
__________________
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:21 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
yep, having some sort of a Hop On - Hop Off Rolling Rally (like we have done for the February Florida / Key West trip) from say Cortez to Sturgis be good trip but it would certainly cannibalize some attendees from the July CO Rally. Sturgis dates look to be August 7th to 16th so Rolling Rally To-From Sturgis would be something like Aug 5th - 12th to make it fun and worthwhile.

July 9-13 looks ok for me if I can make it. Penciled it into my calendar. In VA up till 4th so would have to high step it as able 6-7-8th (to deal with those severe T-storms and tornados) to get there Thurs early afternoon.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
does high step mean multiple days of hammering down the slab......could still be interested in following you. At least I would not be lost and some pictures would get taken
Then , if Greg showed up, I would follow him to Montana to see a real
Rodeo
I need a new back tire for next year anyway

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 12-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,968
To be clear I wasn't suggesting or contemplating a rolling rally, just that some of the valued friends suggested to have it centered around the start of Sturgis. We would have met there and done riding around the area a few days before and taken part in the first day of Sturgis. Wouldn't work with my school schedule first and foremost so any other elements didn't really come into play for or against.
__________________
Howard

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Last edited by Bonz; 12-14-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 12-14-2019, 08:17 PM
BA80's Avatar
BA80 BA80 is offline
Doctor of XSology
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 9,860
Personally, I have no interest in going anywhere near Sturgis. Never have, never will.
__________________
Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:42 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA80 View Post
Personally, I have no interest in going anywhere near Sturgis. Never have, never will.
Hi Greg,
I would like to go to Sturgis.....but not when the massive Harley invasion is on.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 12-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Barbarosa's Avatar
Barbarosa Barbarosa is offline
Truly XSive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 133
Would figure an XS or such to be the invasive species lol.
__________________
1980 xs1100SG "Silent Killer"
1948 HD FL "Thin Mint"
1978 FLH 80 "Grumpy"
1960 HD FLH Duo "Blue" (w/family in Sacramento)
1986 Honda CMX 450 (51hp rat sleeper) SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 12-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,968
Does the town have anything other than Sturgis to provide cash influx? Seems you could make a lot of money real quick and then just cruise the other 49 or 50 weeks each year.
__________________
Howard

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 12-16-2019, 04:09 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,968
Does the town have anything other than Sturgis to provide cash influx? Seems you could make a lot of money real quick and then just cruise the other 49 or 50 weeks each year.

The XS would fit in with its classic lines, IMO. Doesn't seem to be so much about the Harleys as it is about just being there on something and taking part.

Edit:. Sorry for the double post above. Went ahead and added to it so it would distinguish itself from the other one.
__________________
Howard

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Last edited by Bonz; 12-16-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-16-2019, 05:55 PM
BA80's Avatar
BA80 BA80 is offline
Doctor of XSology
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 9,860
A bunch of posers that carry their Hardleys to a trailer rally.
__________________
Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:11 AM
soccer4m soccer4m is offline
XSive Maximus
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: san diego
Posts: 691
Rally Time

Well, if the Colo. rally is July, possibly a Colo. and Sturgis trip could work,,,,been there a few years ago with Roo, broinlaw and Steve, the main town, Sturgis is about a mile long bike bonanza and stores. A cool walkabout to see massive cycle stuff, takes about two hours. Pretty calm, I was expecting gangs, hardcore HD, but got 80 percent HD newbies, lots of customized bikes to see, not enough scantily clad women, tons of food. We actually enjoyed the nearby town of Deadwood, same scene as Sturgis, but no wall to wall crowds. For anyone going, the biggest worry is new HD riders, inexperienced with lots of curving roads, so lots of wide turning and crashes. We rode outside Sturgis, beautiful roads and sights, anyway for all the craziness of Sturgis, it is the comraderie of bikes that the riders are there, guess which bike got all the attention, my old Yam XJ Maxim, the locals were living years past and crowded around it just to see a bike a lot of them rode or remember, a million or so HD and the Yamaha was the crowd pleaser, go figure. ANyway, hope to make it to Colo. rally with the great Bonz and crew, and maybe a crosscountry trip to Ohio via Sturgis.....ride on,, Mike in Sun DIego
__________________
mike
1982 xj1100 maxim
1981 venture bagger
1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
1959 wife
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 12-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,968
Thanks for the post Mike! Look forward to seeing you next summer hopefully!
__________________
Howard

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2020 Rally Link:
http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2020, jvbPlugin