Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Members Lounge

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPittma100 View Post
For me to log in, I have to enter my UN and PW, check the box, enter. The next screen is the error message. I use the back arrow to get back to the login screen. I then refresh and suddenly I am logged in. Who is ever going to figure that out?

So Phil, you are correct. There is definitely a seizure of the muffler bearing and it is affecting the electrical circuit in the carburetors. Not to mention reduced MPG!
That is my exact login procedure as well. Come on guys, do we need more money? Many guys have pitched in a little here, little there, if we need more just say so and let guys pitch in if or when they want to.

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2019 Rally Link:
http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPittma100 View Post
For me to log in, I have to enter my UN and PW, check the box, enter. The next screen is the error message. I use the back arrow to get back to the login screen. I then refresh and suddenly I am logged in. Who is ever going to figure that out?

So Phil, you are correct. There is definitely a seizure of the muffler bearing and it is affecting the electrical circuit in the carburetors. Not to mention reduced MPG!
My exact the login procedure as well. Come on guys, let us know if the money still wasnt enough to do what needed done. Id rather pitch in more money and have a workable site and a lot of other guys would too. Come on and keep us informed.

01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2019 Rally Link:
http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm
Old Today, 07:11 AM
XS-XJ Guru

TC had posted this update dated 2/11/19 on the other thread following the .com upgrade project:
…… but further posts kind of buried it
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
Hey folks,

Here is latest reply from the Database GURU/IT guy who's involved with handling the majority of the workload for the upgrade. It's kind of technical jargon that I'm not totally knowledgeable about, but I'm sure some of you IT guys will understand. JP is the Owner/Webmaster, you know me, and Mike is the Database Guru. Yes BEN, apparently we do have lives outside of XS11.com and looks like it's going to POT for Mike, so I can understand what happened during the Holidays and such. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this from his EMAIL reply to me! I've removed all email addresses/last names and such, so it's fairly anonymous for him at least.

And since the site is broken beyond my capabilities, that's partly why I've taken a short sabbatical from the site UNTIL the upgrade gets done, I can't do anything ADMINISTRATIVELY at all right now, I can't fix forgotten passwords, logins, register new members, etc. The ADMIN section is also hosed, so right now "we" are just floundering until the upgrade can get done. Sorry I can't do anymore.
T.C.
"quote" Hey TC,

I dropped the ball. I learned a divorce is in my future this year. Thus I have not been *thinking straight*...
I will revisit setting up the upgraded site in the near future. Perhaps that will be a good diversion.
I keep looking at the 30 years of "stuff" I have accumulated and it is daunting.
Since I am unemployed I am researching where I want to live and subsequently work a few more years.
Selling the house here will be a windfall but the cost of living in the Silicon Valley is ridiculous.
This may be my ticket out to free America!

Mike
On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM TC wrote:

Hey there Mike,

I saw this last email from you to JP and his reply, could see/read the Encredulity in your post regarding no need for "testing" of the upgrade. Just wondering if you've thrown up your hands in disgust or what?

I haven't been on the OLD site for over a month, just got a FB plea from one of the members asking what's happening, that they/we thought we were just a few weeks away from performing/installing the upgrade, and then in their eyes nothing has happened since??

Just wondering?

T.C./Curtis
On 12/15/2018 2:10 PM, Mike wrote:
> What are we testing?
> We already tested on my home machine.
>
> Next stop is a production upgrade.
> Done on a new environment is safer and have a fall back
> or
> we upgrade production in place.
>
> I'm confused.
>
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 11:07 AM JP(WEBMASTER/OWNER of XS11) wrote:
>
> Spoke to Elliott (317) 406-0054.
>
> He recommends using a subdomain for testing. Call him to work out the details.
>
> Best regards,
>
> JP

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 12:22 PM Mike wrote:

Ahh I would call that staging - which would/could be promoted to production or be the final code line used in a production upgrade.

Mike

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM JP wrote:

Environment between Dev & Production

Best regards,

JP

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 11:57 AM Mike wrote:

Thanks for the update.
What exactly is a Q environment?

Mike

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 8:06 AM JP wrote:

I'm expecting to hear from the hosting company about a Q environment. I'll provide details when they contact me.

Best regards,

JP "/quote"

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800

Last edited by JeffH; Today at 07:15 AM.