Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Members Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2019, 07:12 PM
BA80's Avatar
BA80 BA80 is offline
Doctor of XSology
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 9,780
Evening with friends

Maximphil stopped by last evening on his way to California and XJOK2PLAY came over too.

It was great to see Phil and Bob. We had a great supper and a great evening.

__________________
Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.Ē

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Visit XS11.org too......
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2019, 08:00 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,702
Thatís cool, Greg! Good to hear Bob is more than 50-50 for coming to the rally, and that Phil is considering it all the way from Canada. Tell him to stay north coming through the states and then drop down to Colorado, will stay a lot cooler.

The beauty of the Colorado rally is temperatures are reasonable for the most part and the heat isnít oppressive overall. The hardest part is riding through everywhere else to get here.

Bob, if you can get on the forum, I like your Kremmling rally shirt...
__________________
Howard

Ď01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2019 Rally Link:
http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2019, 08:52 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA80 View Post
Maximphil stopped by last evening on his way to California and XJOK2PLAY came over too.

It was great to see Phil and Bob. We had a great supper and a great evening.

Hi Greg,
THANK YOU so much for your warm welcome and generous hospitality
Appreciate Bob riding down to join the fun evening.

My GPS and I were not getting on at the time of my arribval in Tulsa and Greg kindly came and rescued me from the gas station after i had been out into the woods and over the hill. The GPS is much happier if i stick to the interstate

To night I find my self in Tucumcari NM I am sure glad i crossed the narrow part of Texas
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
Thatís cool, Greg! Good to hear Bob is more than 50-50 for coming to the rally, and that Phil is considering it all the way from Canada. Tell him to stay north coming through the states and then drop down to Colorado, will stay a lot cooler.

The beauty of the Colorado rally is temperatures are reasonable for the most part and the heat isnít oppressive overall. The hardest part is riding through everywhere else to get here.

Bob, if you can get on the forum, I like your Kremmling rally shirt...
Hi Bonz,
More wishful thinking than a plan but i would like to come to your rally.
Not riding across I80 on the bike it was bad enough in a car.
I would welcome your route suggestions.

Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:35 PM
3Phase's Avatar
3Phase 3Phase is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 5,297
Yikes! Living under a rock in a cave is cool and quiet but you miss stuff. Bummer.
__________________
-- Scott
_____

1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Bonz's Avatar
Bonz Bonz is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmer Lake, Colorado
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
Hi Bonz,
More wishful thinking than a plan but i would like to come to your rally.
Not riding across I80 on the bike it was bad enough in a car.
I would welcome your route suggestions.

Phil
Hey Phil, thanks for the post. JeffH returned from the Colorado Rally (Kremmling) two years ago and rode the northern states across.

Here is the full link for the report coming and going home I believe, with the northern state route coming home which is what I think you would like to read.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46732&page=5
__________________
Howard

Ď01 ZRX 1200, only bike in the garage.

2019 Rally Link:
http://appleattic.net/XS2019/xs2019.htm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2019, 06:19 PM
BA80's Avatar
BA80 BA80 is offline
Doctor of XSology
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 9,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Phase View Post
Yikes! Living under a rock in a cave is cool and quiet but you miss stuff. Bummer.
I texted you to let you know he was coming but I guess the phone signal didn't penetrate the rock or the cave.
__________________
Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.Ē

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Visit XS11.org too......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2019, 07:55 PM
MPittma100's Avatar
MPittma100 MPittma100 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 2,283
Traveling

You just never know where Maximphil is going to show up! Is there more than one of him? He has recently been seen in Colorado, then NM. And somehow makes it to Stecoah, NC in the fall. Things must really be bad in Canada. Safe travels Phil.

Mike P
__________________
1981 XS1100H Venturer
K&N Air Filter
ACCT
Custom Paint by Deitz
Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
Stebel Nautilus Horn
EBC Front Rotors
Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2019, 10:19 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPittma100 View Post
You just never know where Maximphil is going to show up! Is there more than one of him? He has recently been seen in Colorado, then NM. And somehow makes it to Stecoah, NC in the fall. Things must really be bad in Canada. Safe travels Phil.

Mike P
Hi Mike,
Things are great in Canada. When presented with the opportunity to add to the list of states visited. Well I am a sucker for a road trip.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2019, 10:20 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA80 View Post
I texted you to let you know he was coming but I guess the phone signal didn't penetrate the rock or the cave.
Hi Scott,
I'll PM you.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2019, 04:34 AM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximPhil View Post
Hi Mike,
Things are great in Canada. When presented with the opportunity to add to the list of states visited. Well I am a sucker for a road trip.
Phil
Yes you are..you even stopped here too! LOL.... Great to see youse guys..a better welcome there than you would have got in texas...
__________________
1980 XS650G Special-Two
Don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-31-2019, 09:12 AM
3Phase's Avatar
3Phase 3Phase is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 5,297
Thumbs up

Long story short: Phil made to LA, then we went up to Ventura for a party for Roo's 50th birthday. We'll do some riding today before Phil has to leave.

Phil




Roo

__________________
-- Scott
_____

1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-01-2019, 12:45 AM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 3,962
Thanks Scott,
You turned what could have been a disaster into a fantastic turn of events. No way to link my photo's of you as my photobuket no longer works. Canyon Carving or puttering up the hill on Columbo in my case. Good ride.
Joshua Tree National Park added to the list to day. Apparently a rare Desert bloom.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2019, jvbPlugin