Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Buy, Sell, Trade Forum > XS and XJ 1100 bikes for sale.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:56 PM
New

Unhappy Prob gonna need to sell my 78 xs1100 standard. What's a good price?

Tax man is coming after me. Gonna have to unload some assets and really really sad, but I may have to get rid of my baby.

I have a 1978 xs1100, almost all original with no mods. Runs like a beast, has some small issues (gauges don't work, small dent in fuel tank, seat has a couple duct taped tears)

I'm wondering the value and if anyone is interested in making an offer. Here are some pics. I'm in Sarasota, Florida.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Master of XSology

That's a nice looking machine, but I can't see it getting you out of trouble. These things don't usually bring a lot of money even when they're pristine. You may need to consider finding another way to deal with the tax man. Also you're on a site where just about everyone reading your message already has an XS11 and if they want another, they're looking for cheap. JAT
Old 09-12-2014, 07:40 AM
New

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmechmarty View Post
That's a nice looking machine, but I can't see it getting you out of trouble. These things don't usually bring a lot of money even when they're pristine. You may need to consider finding another way to deal with the tax man. Also you're on a site where just about everyone reading your message already has an XS11 and if they want another, they're looking for cheap. JAT
Oh for sure, I'm not looking to make a lot of it and I'm not really trying or expecting to sell it here. Really just curious what I should ask for it locally. I was hoping to get $1000-$1500 but just not sure if that's a reality or not.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:19 AM
XSive Maximus

Not sure about prices in Florida, but here in Utah you would be able to sell it for about $1200 (in the spring). If it was in better condition (no dent, no rips in seat, etc) you could maybe get $1500. But it really depends on the local market.

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)
Old 09-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Master of XSology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannagan View Post
Oh for sure, I'm not looking to make a lot of it and I'm not really trying or expecting to sell it here. Really just curious what I should ask for it locally. I was hoping to get $1000-$1500 but just not sure if that's a reality or not.
I dont think that is an unrealistic price to expect...of course its worth what someone will pay...GLWS

Tags
for sale, standard, xs1100