Home arrow Forums

Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Idle Talk Forum > Product Evaluations

Old 06-08-2011, 11:38 AM
XS-XJ Guru

Rox Pivoting handlebar extensions

I recently replaced my old, slightly bent and ugly Gold Wing bars on Great Ranger with new CB750 bars from MikesXS - spread of grips and wrist angle was spot on, but bars weren't in right position for where I like to sit. I looked at moving them up and back with fixed extensions, but figured what if I still didn't like position?

I decided to go with the ROX made for snowmobiles - its a 7/8 - 7/8 version with 2 inches of extension (angled back 45 degrees it doesn't raise the bar 2").

Install was as easy as loosening up the top clamp and inserting the ROX. Be sure if you angle like I did to fully tighten the LOWER side closest to you FIRST - I didn't get it fully tight and once I adjusted bars to where I wanted them could no longer get the allen in to tighten. If you tighten it first the top is fully exposed when you tighten there to clamp.

You can see the decreased clearance under the top part:

All in all for about $68 on ebay it wasn't cheap, but now my bars are just right. If you are considering extensions I recommend them.

Available in other lengths also.

John

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
'81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"
Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
XStremely XSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhughes3 View Post
I recently replaced my old, slightly bent and ugly Gold Wing bars on Great Ranger with new CB750 bars from MikesXS - spread of grips and wrist angle was spot on, but bars weren't in right position for where I like to sit. I looked at moving them up and back with fixed extensions, but figured what if I still didn't like position?

I decided to go with the ROX made for snowmobiles - its a 7/8 - 7/8 version with 2 inches of extension (angled back 45 degrees it doesn't raise the bar 2").

Install was as easy as loosening up the top clamp and inserting the ROX. Be sure if you angle like I did to fully tighten the LOWER side closest to you FIRST - I didn't get it fully tight and once I adjusted bars to where I wanted them could no longer get the allen in to tighten. If you tighten it first the top is fully exposed when you tighten there to clamp.

You can see the decreased clearance under the top part:

All in all for about $68 on ebay it wasn't cheap, but now my bars are just right. If you are considering extensions I recommend them.

Available in other lengths also.

John
I think I would have flip-flopped the brackets which I am sure are in the right place but i would have had them to the inside of the stock risers...just cause i like to be different...I actually like them though i think its an intersting concept...do they make them for 1" bars?

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 AM
XS-XJ Guru

I thought about it

I tried it both ways, for me I liked it better the way pictured YMMV. They certainly fit either way.

If you look at the pic of the pkg you can see alternate sizes listed. One inch isn't listed, maybe on snowscoots that isn't a common size, but there are other companies that make similar products. Maybe there is a 7/8-1" conversion.

I was really just sold on the amount of variability these added. The combination of angles is really extensive.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Truly XSive

Looks like a nice way to lower your front with flipping these to the inside,

looks like alot of room to lower and inch or more.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
XSive Maximus

just ordered these, hope they work for me too.

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
1999 Vulcan classic-sold
1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John
Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Master of XSology

Talking

Don't forget the longhorns John.........
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
XS-XJ Guru

Longhorns!

They help for sure!

John

Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 PM
XSive Maximus

Got my new Rox risers on yesterday.defnetly feels much better.easy install,quality made.

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
1999 Vulcan classic-sold
1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Tags
extensions, handlebar, rox