Home arrow Forums



Go Back   XS11.com Forums > Buy, Sell, Trade Forum > XS and XJ 1100 bikes for sale.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 AM
dpotter58's Avatar
dpotter58 dpotter58 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 1,718
78 near Baltimore MD

Not mine. Looks like a nice bike at a reasonable price.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy...322173458.html
__________________
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell



1980 LG
1981 LH
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:24 AM
JeffH JeffH is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,378
I just sent a message. I will let y'all know the response.
seems way too nice to end up under a cutting torch with no plan or skills

Jeff
__________________
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800

Last edited by JeffH; 10-12-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-16-2017, 01:42 PM
dpotter58's Avatar
dpotter58 dpotter58 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
I just sent a message. I will let y'all know the response.
seems way too nice to end up under a cutting torch with no plan or skills

Jeff
and???????
__________________
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell



1980 LG
1981 LH
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-16-2017, 05:16 PM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,673
Wow..thats really sweet...wheres my settlement check???
__________________
1980 XS650G Special-Two
1993 Honda ST1100
Don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence....

Last edited by madmax-im; 10-16-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2017, 07:05 PM
JeffH JeffH is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpotter58 View Post
and???????
Been talking with him. 40 year old bike and been sitting, so it needs the usual tear-down and restore before being road worthy.
Then who know what problems pop up, but that's the risk. For sure tires-tubes & ss brake lines and some carb parts, maybe battery & other stuff.
My 11E is 9,000 miles overdue for a 10K Servicing so I might as well do two at once. I spent almost $4,000 on stuff for my KY bike but it is a Runner.

Original seat and the Fairing / Bags were sold a few years ago. Thinks carbs are 80' not 78'.
Maybe a month of work and $1,000 could make this fairly usable. Won't know unless I try.
Or $2,000 if shocks & forks are shot and caliper pistons trashed.

Might just go get it tomorrow.

Jeff
__________________
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800

Last edited by JeffH; 10-16-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2017, 07:29 PM
MPittma100's Avatar
MPittma100 MPittma100 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 2,348
E in Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
Been talking with him. 40 year old bike and been sitting, so it needs the usual tear-down and restore before being road worthy.
Then who know what problems pop up, but that's the risk. For sure tires-tubes & ss brake lines and some carb parts, maybe battery & other stuff.
My 11E is 9,000 miles overdue for a 10K Servicing so I might as well do two at once. I spent almost $4,000 on stuff for my KY bike but it is a Runner.

Original seat and the Fairing / Bags were sold a few years ago. Thinks carbs are 80' not 78'.
Maybe a month of work and $1,000 could make this fairly usable. Won't know unless I try.
Or $2,000 if shocks & forks are shot and caliper pistons trashed.

Might just go get it tomorrow.


Jeff
Definitely worth saving. Nice example of the original E. Well worth the trip. Not a bad asking price.
__________________
1981 XS1100H Venturer
K&N Air Filter
ACCT
Custom Paint by Deitz
Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
Stebel Nautilus Horn
EBC Front Rotors
Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2017, 08:50 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 4,071
Hi Jeff, That is certainly in better shape than the last one you saved. Good luck. Hope it looks as good as it's pictures.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 PM
MPittma100's Avatar
MPittma100 MPittma100 is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 2,348
On your Way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
Been talking with him. 40 year old bike and been sitting, so it needs the usual tear-down and restore before being road worthy.
Then who know what problems pop up, but that's the risk. For sure tires-tubes & ss brake lines and some carb parts, maybe battery & other stuff.
My 11E is 9,000 miles overdue for a 10K Servicing so I might as well do two at once. I spent almost $4,000 on stuff for my KY bike but it is a Runner.

Original seat and the Fairing / Bags were sold a few years ago. Thinks carbs are 80' not 78'.
Maybe a month of work and $1,000 could make this fairly usable. Won't know unless I try.
Or $2,000 if shocks & forks are shot and caliper pistons trashed.

Might just go get it tomorrow.

Jeff
Did you leave today to go after this one?
__________________
1981 XS1100H Venturer
K&N Air Filter
ACCT
Custom Paint by Deitz
Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
Stebel Nautilus Horn
EBC Front Rotors
Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2017, 07:24 PM
MaximPhil MaximPhil is offline
XS-XJ Super Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mississauga, ON CANADA
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPittma100 View Post
Did you leave today to go after this one?
Hey Jeff,
The suspense is killing us.
Phil
__________________
1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
1983 XJ 650 Maxim
2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2017, 08:03 PM
JeffH JeffH is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,378
Was waiting for the Drum Roll ..................
Drum Roll Please

working on the meet point

Note: likely that in the background a very rotund person is getting ready to Sing, if you know what i mean

Jeff
__________________
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 PM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,673
Has the fat lady sung yet?
__________________
1980 XS650G Special-Two
1993 Honda ST1100
Don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:26 PM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax-im View Post
Has the fat lady sung yet?
its like this fell off the edge of the world...what happened?
__________________
1980 XS650G Special-Two
1993 Honda ST1100
Don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:41 PM
jetmechmarty's Avatar
jetmechmarty jetmechmarty is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Coldwater, Mississippi
Posts: 7,254
__________________
Marty (in Mississippi)
XS1100SG
XS650SK
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-02-2017, 06:47 PM
JeffH JeffH is offline
XS-XJ Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmechmarty View Post
Yep, Marty is just helping me avoid the humiliation

Oh well Ben, you REALLY wanted to know

Pretty simple with no clutch ....... twist the throttle and GO
pull both brake levers on the handbars to stop (one is front other is back brake)



Pretty nice bike if you don't want to go fast. Runs about 62mph WOT.
Guess the Chinese designed it for the 100km/hr market.
That 250cc single would run all day at 55mph and get 50 or 60 MPG.

Actually rode it on I-85 and went pretty good if you don't mind cars going by at 25-35 MPH faster than you.

Jeff

btw: not mine but the other one will be on Monday
__________________
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E
78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'02 G-Wing GL1800
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:04 AM
madmax-im's Avatar
madmax-im madmax-im is offline
Master of XSology
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Comfort...Wendell NC
Posts: 6,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
Yep, Marty is just helping me avoid the humiliation

Oh well Ben, you REALLY wanted to know

Pretty simple with no clutch ....... twist the throttle and GO
pull both brake levers on the handbars to stop (one is front other is back brake)



Pretty nice bike if you don't want to go fast. Runs about 62mph WOT.
Guess the Chinese designed it for the 100km/hr market.
That 250cc single would run all day at 55mph and get 50 or 60 MPG.

Actually rode it on I-85 and went pretty good if you don't mind cars going by at 25-35 MPH faster than you.

Jeff

btw: not mine but the other one will be on Monday
Very funny Jeff...Congrats on the "other one"...
__________________
1980 XS650G Special-Two
1993 Honda ST1100
Don't speak unless you can improve upon the silence....

Last edited by madmax-im; 11-03-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBpixel ©2004-2022, jvbPlugin